TTC again after Twins!

I have twin boys who are almost 13 months now and we’re thinking of TTC again next year since I will be 34 then. Any twin moms or dads out there who had another baby/ies after twins?
Did you end up with a singleton? Any other twin moms considering TTC again?

1 Like

I had triplets in [name_f]May[/name_f] 2018 and am currently pregnant with twins due in [name_u]December[/name_u]/ [name_u]January[/name_u] as it can be so unpredictable with multiples.

My pregnancy wasn’t planned and we would’ve wanted to wait a bit longer until the triplets were maybe 4 until we were TTC again but I am over the moon about the new additions and all of my children are very close and love the idea of more siblings.

This is a VERY late reply but I just saw this thread!

1 Like

Hey @EmilyMcA! :blush: Thanks for the reply. Congrats on your twins! That’s amazing having triplets and then twins!
[name_f]My[/name_f] boys are 2 now and I’m hoping we can start TTC again sometime in the next few months. The boys would be 3 by the time any new baby/ies got here. Both excited and scared that it could be twins again :sweat_smile:.

Yes! Another pair of twins would be scary but wonderful. I wish you the best of luck! I had a look at your profile and your boys names are so precious, [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] & [name_u]Jasper[/name_u]!

When my twins arrive, we will have 7 children so they will probably be my last.

1 Like

Our fraternal twins just welcomed a baby sister on the last day of [name_u]July[/name_u]. It’s been very sweet to watch them interact with their sister. They’ve been welcoming and helpful, and that makes me so very proud of them.

I am not going to lie, when we got confirmation early on the pregnancy that it was her and only her, I let out a big sigh of relief!

1 Like

My sister had twins in [name_u]March[/name_u] of 2006 and then had my third nephew in [name_f]April[/name_f] 2007. In some ways being so close in age growing up they were more like triplets rather then twins and then one.

1 Like

Thank you! [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] is at the top of our list for a girl too :grin: [name_u]Seven[/name_u] is a very full house but sounds amazing! The new little ones will never lack for someone to play with.:blush: [name_f]Do[/name_f] you know if they’re b/b, g/g or b/g yet?

Aww that’s so good to hear that they love their little sister. :blush: [name_f]My[/name_f] DH worries how a singleton would feel as a little sibling of twins. He thinks they might feel left out but I think it would be nice to have two big brothers (in my case) to look out for you.
And yes, I understand the sigh of relief lol. Though I do worry that I’ll somehow feel like one baby is missing since I’ve only had two at a time. I’m sure that’s probably silly though.

1 Like

Wow! Yes it does sound like they would be like triplets in some ways. Especially when they’re older and it’s harder to tell exact ages. :laughing:

I think it’s a fair concern.

I used to hear that fraternal twins aren’t any closer than other siblings, but [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] and [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] adore one another and march to the beat of a drum only they can hear. They argue, but when they sense someone is acting against his sister/her brother, they unite like a kiddie transformer and become a single entity. I’m still waiting for them to make a friend that is as meaningful and interesting to them as their twin!

I don’t think that bond is going to be replicated for [name_u]Honor[/name_u]. Not only are they best friends right now, but they are older by several years. Right now she’s a baby, so everything about her is exciting, but I don’t expect them to stay this involved when they’re teenagers and she’s starting elementary school.

The way we see it, [name_u]Honor[/name_u] will be fortunate in her own way. She’ll get the perks of being like-an only child, plus an older brother and sister to confide on and to run to when she gets sick of us.

I also think it will be good for [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] and [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] to have another sibling to focus on, and to consider and share with. They are already making bets on who will [name_u]Honor[/name_u] favor, and how she will vote when it’s time to take sides on age old arguments like Lego Batman vs. [name_f]Moana[/name_f], and savory vs sweet waffles.

2 Likes

Wow, your children have beautiful names! :blush: And yes, I can see how age difference could play a big part in how the older ones perceive their younger sibling and how their relationship with each other changes over time.
In a perfect world I suppose I’d choose to have twins again so that everyone has a special partner. I do think my boys will have that kind of bond too (I very much hope so).
I can also see how being the single baby could have its own benefits. And I suppose the selfish side of me kind of wants to experience what it’s like to cuddle one newborn at nightime feedings or be able to use a baby carrier practically.
Obviously these are things we can’t control anyway. Whatever’s meant to be will be. :blush:

2 Likes

Ah yes, my daughter loves her name, she feels like its unique but also well known (from the [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] character). She turns 8 today and she’s never met another [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] (we use [name_f]Mimi[/name_f] for her nn).

And yes, we are expecting g/b! We have narrowed it down to [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] & [name_u]Jonah[/name_u] but middle names are still a bit in the air.

Mimi is such a cute nn. I would use it but that’s what mine call their grandma so I can’t. :woman_shrugging:t2: Think I’d go with [name_f]Mina[/name_f] or [name_f]Ione[/name_f].
Oh yes, I remember your poll now. [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] and [name_u]Jonah[/name_u] are darling! Perfect twins :blush:

1 Like

I love [name_f]Mina[/name_f]! so sweet.

Thank you, I can’t wait for them to arrive!

1 Like

We’re expecting a delivery surprise after twin girls who will turn two years old in [name_f]October[/name_f]. They have four older brothers.

We were fairly certain that we would not have another pair of twins, as our daughters are identical, and the odds of conceiving identical twins twice are quite low. If they had been fraternal, there would have been some concern/curiosity over the possibility of having another pair. I know a couple in their 80s who had three pairs of fraternal twins, though not all of them survived delivery.

Alas, we’re expecting one and only one, which is fantastic.

2 Likes

Congrats on your new little one :blush: [name_u]Four[/name_u] big brothers and then twin sisters! That is amazing!
Yes, I would be shocked to have more than one set of identicals. With fraternals it’s always a possibility. Guess we shall see. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like