TTC and Revamping Our Lists

Hey y’all,

My partner and I are proud parents to our 21-month-old son, [name_m]Reuben[/name_m], and wishing and hoping that we can conceive our second (likely last) kiddo this year. Well, we keep trying. To keep our eyes on the prize, we’re re-doing our Name Lists, and we could use some fresh perspectives on our old and new favorites.

Which names do you like best for a brother for [name_m]Reuben[/name_m]? What others do you suggest, based on the list below?

[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], [name_m]Jerome[/name_m], and [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] were real contenders the first time around, and we still love them.

Emeric, [name_m]Graham[/name_m], and [name_m]Pascal[/name_m] are rising to the top now.

Other ideas: [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m], [name_u]Asa[/name_u], [name_u]Dexter[/name_u]?

We have who-knows-how-long to think this over, so we want to have fun with it: give us your dustiest treasures and Voted Least Likely To Be Used names.

Thanks!

I would keep [name_m]Jerome[/name_m], [name_m]Graham[/name_m], [name_u]Asa[/name_u], and [name_u]Dexter[/name_u], and If you like any of these, maybe add?

[name_m]Peregrine[/name_m]
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]
[name_u]Cassidy[/name_u]
[name_f]Fjord[/name_f]

But my favorite is [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] nn [name_u]Perry[/name_u]

My favorites with [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] are [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], [name_m]Pascal[/name_m], [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m], [name_u]Asa[/name_u] and [name_u]Dexter[/name_u]. Great list all around though—I think they could all work with [name_m]Reuben[/name_m]!

Other ideas:

[name_m]Basil[/name_m] (nn. [name_m]Baz[/name_m]!)
[name_m]Casper[/name_m]
[name_m]Corbett[/name_m]
[name_m]Francisco[/name_m]
[name_m]Gareth[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_u]Laurence[/name_u] / [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] (love all the nickname possibilities!)
[name_m]Lazarus[/name_m]

I’m going to go along the same vein as I did in your girls post, and get a couple favourites into one name…Ambrose “Asa” or Pascal “Asa”. Personally, I am a major Ambrose fan, so I’m prone to side with him, and I think Asa could definitely work as sometimes nickname. Reuben & Ambrose also sound great together.

Other ideas I think fit your style…
Elliot
Florian
Jasper
Dashiell
Bastian
Tristram
Micah
Winslow
Gideon
Bram
Hadrian
Amias

@valka, that’s funny - [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] was the middle name we’d chosen for another shortlisted name the first time around, but we felt it was too good to hide between first and family names. I’m pleased to hear you think it works. We’re not fans of [name_u]Perry[/name_u] but had agreed on [name_m]Pip[/name_m]/[name_m]Pippin[/name_m]. We’ll add it back! Thank you.

@ceryle, [name_u]Laurence[/name_u]/[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] is a name I’d never given a second look, but now you’ve piqued my interest – what nicknames do you like for this name? I’ve only ever known a [name_m]Lawrie[/name_m], but there must be something better! I’m curious.

@sunniva, I love your love for [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]. We thought it was The Name from the time of the anatomy scan all the way until we saw our son’s face – and then he “looked like” [name_m]Reuben[/name_m], rather than [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]. I am a bit regretful we didn’t go for it and let him grow into it, as I think he would have. From your suggestions, I love [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m], and [name_u]Winslow[/name_u] and [name_m]Hadrian[/name_m] would both be unexpected honorifics – thanks!

Any others?

You have a great collection of names. My favorite is [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]. It’s so sweet and what a classy combo with [name_m]Reuben[/name_m]. I also really like [name_u]Dexter[/name_u], so fun with [name_m]Reuben[/name_m]! Other ideas:
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]
[name_m]Thaddeus[/name_m]
[name_m]Darwin[/name_m]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_m]Paolo[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_u]Jesse[/name_u]

Good luck.

I like [name_m]Graham[/name_m] best.

Ooh, there are some other good ones—[name_m]Law[/name_m], [name_m]Lars[/name_m], Laz, Loz/Lozzie, [name_u]Wren[/name_u] (or [name_u]Ren[/name_u]), [name_m]Lance[/name_m], [name_u]Rory[/name_u]… My favs are [name_u]Wren[/name_u]/[name_u]Ren[/name_u], [name_m]Lars[/name_m] and Lozzie.

@ceryle, thank you for these ideas! I really like [name_m]Lars[/name_m] and [name_u]Wren[/name_u]/[name_u]Ren[/name_u], too! Hm…

[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]! I love this name.

I love [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], [name_m]Pascal[/name_m] (!! I never see this being used and it’s brilliant), [name_m]Graham[/name_m] and [name_u]Asa[/name_u] from your list :slight_smile:

Some other ideas (sorry for any repeats)

[name_u]Brennan[/name_u]
[name_m]Monty[/name_m]
[name_u]Blaise[/name_u]
[name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_m]Alaric[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m]
[name_m]Alasdair[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_m]Miles[/name_m]