TTC & hunting for names!

Hello everyone!
First post! We’ve just started TTC and are looking at names already haha, we’ve created a list and just wanted to see what everyone thinks?

BOYS
[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Cassius[/name]
Coysh
[name]Emilio[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Israel[/name]
[name]Jagger[/name]
[name]Joplin[/name]
[name]Lars[/name]
Luxe
[name]Norm[/name]
[name]Valentino[/name]
Vulcheque

GIRLS
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Lou[/name]'ah
[name]Luella[/name]
Roushe
[name]Sofie[/name]

MIDDLE NAMES
Flash
[name]Jacko[/name]
[name]Jesus[/name]
Cookie
[name]Thor[/name]
Parlour

What revolts everyone? And what do you love? Any opinions darlings?

You have a different style from me so I’ll try to be constructive with my feed back!

BOYS
[name]Arlo[/name] - not a fan, sounds like someone slurring a name when they’re drunk or the name of a pirate…

[name]Cassius[/name] - Can’t get past [name]Cassius[/name] [name]Clay[/name] which he hated and referred to as his slave name. He changed it to [name]Muhammad[/name] [name]Ali[/name] and I would recommend a change too if you had in mind honouring the legend.

Coysh - Would think this one will have serious pronunciation issues, it seems unfamiliar and foreign to me

[name]Emilio[/name] - I like this one! There is something about it though that I just can’t quite put my finger on…

[name]Gabriel[/name] - [name]Love[/name]! Any archangel is good with me:)

[name]Israel[/name] - Has a great sound but it’s not something I would put on a child for all its religious and political baggage. I do love place names though:)

[name]Jagger[/name] - [name]Adore[/name]! Think [name]Mick[/name] [name]Jagger[/name] right?

[name]Joplin[/name] - Wow is there a strong music reference coming through here or what! Not loving it as much, I admit

[name]Lars[/name] - Not a fan, sounds like a mars bar or some kind of cooking fat to me, sorry

Luxe - As in Luxury? A bit too much, I think

[name]Norm[/name] - Like it short for [name]Norman[/name] but sounds old manish to me and reminds me of the superstore [name]Harvey[/name] [name]Norman[/name] and a normal person

[name]Valentino[/name] - [name]Love[/name]! very classy:)

Vulcheque - This one scares me… Sounds kind of similar to a horror movie or brand of motor bike, sorry

GIRLS
[name]Chloe[/name] - Sounds sweet and happy:)

[name]Lou[/name]'ah - not a fan of apostrophes in names…

[name]Luella[/name] - Reminds me of Cruella de Ville from 101 Dalmatians

Roushe - [name]How[/name] do you pronounce this? Seems sort of rough to me, somehow…

[name]Sofie[/name] - [name]Love[/name]! so soft and pretty but quite popular

MIDDLE NAMES
Flash - Doesn’t stand up as a name to me, sounds like the name of your favourite dog.

[name]Jacko[/name] - Wacko [name]Jacko[/name]? No. [name]Jackson[/name] or [name]Jack[/name] on the other hand, I love.

[name]Jesus[/name] - A LOT of name. Too much I think, unless you’re religious or Hispanic

Cookie - Cookie Monster. I can’t see this as being an appropriate mn sorry

[name]Thor[/name] - [name]Love[/name]! God of thunder, good choice:)

Parlour - fancy lounge, not really name worthy material in my opinion

Sorry for being harsh! [name]Honesty[/name] is the best policy:) Good [name]Luck[/name]!

First of all, I see a list of unusual names and I love unusual so yay this will be fun, I’ll try give some suggestions or alternatives to your names too:)

BOYS
[name]Arlo[/name]- love this but think it could become very popular
[name]Cassius[/name]- used to like this name reminds me of the boxer [name]Muhammed[/name] [name]Ali[/name] but found out it means vain, put me off a little
Coysh- prefer [name]Cash[/name]
[name]Emilio[/name]- don’t really like this one
[name]Gabriel[/name]- like the nn [name]Gabe[/name] not too keen on full name
[name]Israel[/name]- not keen
[name]Jagger[/name]-pretty cool, baby would have a lot to live up to:)
[name]Joplin[/name]- dont hate it , its ok cant imagine a child with this name
[name]Lars[/name]- Dislike, reminds me of large potential teasing
Luxe- Reminds me of luxe soap
[name]Norm[/name]- [name]Love[/name] the name [name]Norman[/name]
[name]Valentino[/name]- [name]Love[/name] this one, very romantic and a sweet name
Vulcheque- scares me, a mix of a vulcan and a cheque sounds strange

GIRLS
[name]Chloe[/name]- really nice name but v overused
[name]Lou[/name]'ah- interesting, not usually a fan of commas in names but this is lovely
[name]Luella[/name]- one of my favourites such a sweetheart name
Roushe- cute nn [name]Roux[/name] would be grgeous
[name]Sofie[/name]- prefer [name]Sophie[/name] version

MIDDLE NAMES
Flash- cool name, very retro
[name]Jacko[/name]- prefer [name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Jesus[/name]- [name]Christ[/name] ha no not a fan of this one
Cookie- prefer [name]Honey[/name] as mn
[name]Thor[/name]- As cool as Flash
Parlour- reminds me of sitting room

Heres a few names I thought of that you might like also
[name]Lulu[/name]
Lusha
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Effie[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Etta[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Essie[/name]
Esmee

[name]Meyer[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]King[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Buster[/name]
[name]Eli[/name]
[name]Huey[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Solomon[/name]
[name]Enzo[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Vito[/name]
[name]Stanley[/name]

I love [name]Gabriel[/name] and [name]Chloe[/name] the most. I like to suggest middle names after first names have been chosen. Otherwise I don’t know which middle name to pick.

gabriel and luella are my favourites

[name]Arlo[/name]- One of my very favourites!!
[name]Cassius[/name]- not big fan
Coysh- ditto
[name]Emilio[/name]- I love [name]Emile[/name] i could get used to it
[name]Gabriel[/name]- to popular
[name]Israel[/name]-MY MOST FAVORITIST NAME IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD.
[name]Jagger[/name]- i like mick jagger but not his last name
[name]Joplin[/name]- again like janis but not her last name
[name]Lars[/name]- wow we like almost the same names.
Luxe- De- luxe
[name]Norm[/name]- my grampas name.
[name]Valentino[/name]- cute but its like naming your kids christmas to me
Vulcheque- Vul- what?

GIRLS
[name]Chloe[/name]- cute but suuuuuuuper popular
[name]Lou[/name]'ah- apostrophes dont belong in names
[name]Luella[/name]- its cute i can picture a lil luella runni around
Roushe- is it pronounced diferent than its spelled
[name]Sofie[/name]- my name is sophie

MIDDLE NAMES
Flash- cute do you like the name dashiell nn [name]Dash[/name]
[name]Jacko[/name]- a super heros arch nemesis
[name]Jesus[/name]- cute if your religious
Cookie- and milk
[name]Thor[/name]- close to my last name which im thinkin of giving my child as a first: Thorsen
Parlour- Beauty

Sorry, but what is TTC?

Sorry, but what is TTC?

Trying to conceive…

I like [name]Chloe[/name] best of your girl names, as I don’t care for apostrophes and I think [name]Luella[/name] sounds a bit dated. From your boy names, [name]Arlo[/name] is cool and interesting, as is [name]Jagger[/name], and [name]Gabriel[/name] is always a handsome classic.

I like [name]Arlo[/name], [name]Cassius[/name], [name]Gabriel[/name], [name]Israel[/name] & [name]Valentino[/name].
I like [name]Luella[/name] the best from the girls gorgeous :slight_smile:

The middles are pretty crazy for me but I like [name]Thor[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you have any family middles you might like to use to honor?

[name]Arlo[/name]: I really like the name [name]Arlo[/name], and would find it refreshing to hear it on a little boy.

[name]Cassius[/name]: I really like this name, too.

Coysh: Not a fan of Coysh. It reminds me of a Koosh Ball the and word “coy,” which doesn’t have a positive meaning.

[name]Emilio[/name]: I prefer some of the others on your list. [name]Emma[/name] is the #1 name for girls, and [name]Amelia[/name] is quite popular too.

What about [name]Leo[/name]?

[name]Gabriel[/name]: I really love this name…

[name]Israel[/name]: I second the poster who feels this name has too much political and religious baggage.

[name]Jagger[/name]: [name]Mick[/name]

[name]Joplin[/name]: [name]Janis[/name]

(I’d personally keep [name]Joplin[/name] in the middle, as the name will most likely guarantee your son a lifetime of having to answer people’s questions along the lines of, “Are you named for [name]Janis[/name] [name]Joplin[/name]?”)

[name]Lars[/name]: I can’t help but think of Lard, so I prefer some of your others.

Luxe: This feels very feminine to me and reminds me of the word “luxury.” [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] wrote in one of their books that the more expensive a name sounds, the less classy it actually feels, and I guess Luxe falls in that category to me.

[name]Norm[/name]: I think of [name]Norm[/name] as a nickname for [name]Norman[/name], which doesn’t feel all that stylish to me.

[name]Valentino[/name]: I think of the designer, but I do think it’s a nice name. It feels very romantic to me.

Vulcheque: I’m not a fan of Vulcheque’s sound, and it may encounter pronunciation issues depending on where you live.

GIRLS
[name]Chloe[/name]: Very popular (#10), but I think it’s very pretty.

[name]Lou[/name]'ah: I’m not a fan of names with apostrophes.
I really love [name]Louisa[/name], though!

[name]Luella[/name]: I think that [name]Luella[/name] is charming.

Roushe: Not a fan of Roushe, but I love [name]Rose[/name].

[name]Sofie[/name]: I think this name is lovely…very popular, but lovely.

MIDDLE NAMES
Flash: [name]Gordon[/name]

I guess it feels more like a cartoon character than an actual child.

[name]Jacko[/name]: I only think of [name]Michael[/name] [name]Jackson[/name].

[name]Jesus[/name]: It feels like too much of a name to me…

Cookie: Monster

I think of Cookie as a term of endearment, as opposed to an actual name.

[name]Thor[/name]: Feels more substantial than Flash to me.

Parlour: A lounge…

Good luck!

I forgot to name my favorites, which are [name]Arlo[/name], [name]Cassius[/name], [name]Gabriel[/name], [name]Luella[/name], [name]Sophie[/name]. :slight_smile:

Based on some of the names you mentioned, you may also like:

[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Blaise[/name] (reminds me of Flash’s feel)
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] (nickname [name]Dash[/name], which reminds me of Flash)
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Enzo[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Lazaro[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Matteo[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Raphael[/name]
[name]Samson[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]

[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Marielle[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Viviana[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

BOYS

[name]Emilio[/name] Totally gorgeous
[name]Israel[/name] Like it a lot, very spunky
[name]Lars[/name] Very Swedish
[name]Norm[/name] Totally horrible
[name]Valentino[/name] Middle name possibilities
Vulcheque Vulture?

GIRLS
[name]Chloe[/name] Yes!
Roushe ?
[name]Sofie[/name] [name]Sophie[/name] Yes!

MIDDLE NAMES
Flash [name]Gordon[/name]?
[name]Jacko[/name] Whacko?
[name]Jesus[/name] ?
Cookie Monster?
[name]Lars[/name] [name]Pieter[/name] [name]Thor[/name]
Parlour Maid?

I can’t sleep, so I’m typing this instead, which I hope explains any strange spelling errors I make etc.! I have starred the ones which I really like.

Boys :
*[name]Arlo[/name] - a good name, interesting but not too ‘out there’.
*[name]Cassius[/name] - I absolutely adore this; classic and interesting.
Coysh - I can’t say I’ve heard of this one, and I imagine pronunciation and spelling issues … Would you mind sharing where this originates from? I’m always eager to learn new names :slight_smile:
*[name]Emilio[/name] - incredibly handsome; the only problem I can see is the proliferance of [name]Emma[/name] at the moment …
*[name]Gabriel[/name] - another very handsome name, although I do believe it is quite popular over in the US, but I don’t know whether that is something that bothers you or not.
[name]Israel[/name] - purely based on sound, I like this name. Invested with the meaning of the place, I love it. However, put into the context of the real world … I just can’t get aboard the [name]Israel[/name] train, so to speak, probably because I dislike word names which are obviously religious (for example, [name]Trinity[/name]).
[name]Jagger[/name] - for me, the association is too obvious …
[name]Joplin[/name] - again, too obvious for me … also, it seems a little feminine, but then not really …
[name]Lars[/name] - this is always the name people use when they are mocking Germans in my experience, and so I am not incredibly fond of it myself.
Luxe - the sound is passable, but the meaning not at all.
[name]Norm[/name] - only as a nn for [name]Norman[/name], otherwise it sounds like you are calling him normal.
[name]Valentino[/name] - exotic and quirky, I really like this one. However, I think it would be very difficult for a non-Italian boy to carry off … in fact, nigh on impossible.
Vulcheque - this does sound a little menacing … Again, I’d love a background story, but would seriously caution against using this one.

Girls :
*[name]Chloe[/name] - a pretty, feminine classic.
[name]Lou[/name]'ah - what would the pronunciation of this be? Personally, as an absolute grammar pedant, names with apostrophes in make me twitch …
*[name]Luella[/name] - this is a Southern [name]Belle[/name] feel to it; feminine and quite refined, yet accessable; I really like it.
Roushe - another name I haven’t heard of … What is the pronunciation/origin, if you don’t mind? I quite like the look of it, but if it is pronounced roosh then it seems a little too close to rush for my liking.
[name]Sofie[/name] - very popular at the moment, and consequently there will be spelling issues with the f version. That aside, it is a pretty, feminine classic.

Middle names :
Flash - a little too obvious for my taste. Also brings to mind the slang term ‘flashing’, makes him sound like a cartoon character, and worries me in case he is no good at sport.
[name]Jacko[/name] - the ‘o’ seems a little unnecessary to me, but then again I don’t know the story behind this name.
[name]Jesus[/name] - unless you are Hispanic, I wouldn’t. I know that seems very illogical, but to me it seems a little like naming your child God.
Cookie - this would make an absolutely lovely family nickname, but I personally find it too frivolous.
*[name]Thor[/name] - what an interesting middle name to have! I really like this one.
Parlour - as in, a drawing room? Where people used to take afternoon tea? I’m afraid I don’t really think this one is a good idea.

Names you may like :
Girls :
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Apolline[/name] nn [name]Polly[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Emerald[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]/[name]Francesca[/name] nn [name]Fritzi[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Leila[/name]
[name]Louise[/name]/a
[name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Odetta[/name] (one of the singers who inspired [name]Janis[/name] [name]Joplin[/name])
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Verity[/name]

Boys :
[name]Alessandro[/name]
[name]Ambrose[/name]
[name]Apollo[/name]
[name]Benvolio[/name]
[name]Cato[/name]
[name]Cyrano[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] nn [name]Dash[/name]
[name]Ezekiel[/name]
[name]Florian[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] nn [name]Fritz[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Jacob[/name]
[name]Japheth[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Leopold[/name] nn [name]Leo[/name]
[name]Michael[/name] (for [name]Mick[/name] [name]Jagger[/name])
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Raphael[/name]
Remiel
[name]Tristan[/name].

Good luck!

Thankyou everyone for your help so far, it really is appreciated!

Okay- a little more info.

[name]Arlo[/name]- has been a favourite forever but now its gaining popularity im feeling a little unsure.

[name]Casius[/name]/ [name]Cassius[/name] was suggested by my partner but due to the [name]Muhammed[/name] [name]Ali[/name] connotations were not sure how itd go down in the long run esp. with older generations.

Coysh is pronounced how it reads. It was a friend of mines partners last name and I really liked it.

[name]Emilio[/name] was my aunties first husband.

[name]Israel[/name] [name]Cannan[/name] is the name of a singer/ actor my partner and I love, he also loves the name. I love the name, unsure about connotations due to world events.

[name]Jacko[/name] is after my brother.

[name]Jagger[/name]/ [name]Joplin[/name] and now [name]Jasper[/name] were starting to think of as mn’s

[name]Lars[/name]- I like the ugliness of it. Its such a strong name, I used to detest it but now have flipped entirely. - thought the same about the ‘german cliche’, like [name]Helga[/name] haha

Luxe- I love it for a boy and I don’t know why, everyone keeps saying ‘SOAP’ and I just don’t care. For some reason I still adore it.

[name]Norm[/name]- my grandads name ([name]Norman[/name]) but everyone called him [name]Norm[/name] and I like the abbr.

Volchek/ vulcheque etc. Was on the OC (TV show) and we both loved the name. He was gorgeous, maybe only he could make it work haha

[name]Lou[/name]'ah, I hate apostrophes in general but with this its the only way Id like to write it for twenty odd years. Pronoun. exactly how its written.

Roushe- heard something like it at ten years of age and it stuck. Pronounced Ruge

Cookie was my crazy auntys name. She changed it to cookie at 40 post midlife crisis.

Flash was my brothers nickname as a kid haha

[name]Jesus[/name] is actually a really common name and we love it, but know chances are it just won’t work. Its politically incorrect. But I like it. A lot.

[name]Thor[/name]. We like the superhero’ thing. Flash and thor my partner rates as amazing middle names for boys. Were tempted but fearful of using it as a first. Its a very intense name.

Thanks again so much for your help, I knew many responses would be like they were! We have interesting taste, I think its going to be a struggle!

Thankyou- these are perfection!

BOYS
[name]Favorite[/name] from your list: [name]Arlo[/name]

• cute for a little boy, handsome when he’s older

[name]Don[/name]'t like:
Coysh - reminds me of the word ‘moist’ and a coy dog
[name]Jagger[/name], [name]Joplin[/name] - I appreciate the musical references, but feel they don’t translate well for names
[name]Lars[/name] - reminds me of a body builder
Luxe - a little…arrogant
Vulcheque - this is the name of an antagonistic character from the OC

Others:
[name]Cassius[/name] - I find this handsome, but others will make the connection to [name]Julius[/name] [name]Caesar[/name]
[name]Emilio[/name] - Nice name, but emily and all her variations being so popular, this could cause problems
[name]Gabriel[/name] - handsome and sweet
[name]Israel[/name] - handsome if you are of israeli and/or jewish, also if you don’t mind the nickname [name]Issy[/name]/[name]Izzy[/name]
[name]Norm[/name] - kind of ironic if you are trying to be different with your sons name, don’t you think?
[name]Valentino[/name] - this name has a rich feel to it…it is very long, will you use nicknames? how would he feel about people calling him val?

GIRLS
[name]Chloe[/name] - in the top 100, but adorable
[name]Lou[/name]'ah - try the spelling Lua and its very pretty
[name]Luella[/name] - I think of a mix between and old lady and Cruella de Vil
Roushe - I can already hear the jokes that begin with d…
[name]Sofie[/name] - popular, but different in spelling than the more common [name]Sophie[/name] without being weird

MIDDLE NAMES
Favorites: [name]Thor[/name], Flash
Would not use any of the others
[name]Jacko[/name]
[name]Jesus[/name]
Cookie
Parlour

Again, like someone else said, I would wait until you choose a first name before choosing a middle to see what flows best. Or try mixing and matching your lists.

I love [name]Gabriel[/name]. [name]Jagger[/name] is cool but I wouldn’t name my son that. Ditto [name]Cassius[/name].

I like Luxe but it seems more feminine to me. Maybe a middle name?
I like [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Sofie[/name].

Of your middle names I like Flash best although I wouldn’t choose any for my children (JMO!) I like [name]Jack[/name], but not [name]Jacko[/name].

Thankyou- these are perfection![/quote]

You’re welcome - I’m glad that you liked them (I think [name]Fritz[/name] is adorable, and [name]Jasper[/name] is a strong possibility for my son) :slight_smile:

Thankyou- these are perfection![/quote]

You’re welcome - I’m glad that you liked them (I think [name]Fritz[/name] is adorable, and [name]Jasper[/name] is a strong possibility for my son) :)[/quote]

[name]Fritz[/name] reminds me of [name]Lars[/name]? Is it german? Can anyone list a few more [name]German[/name] names? I like the hideousness haha