Tuck

What do you think of the name [name]Tuck[/name] for a boy? And what would be a good middle name?

It gets a no from me. I don’t like it. :frowning:

[name]Tuck[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] would sound good though.

It is REALLY cute. Too bad about the rhyming thing though. Definitely will want to take that into consideration! And I can’t easily picture a 30-year old [name]Tuck[/name] for some reason…

My neighbor’s little boy is [name]Tucker[/name], everyone calls him [name]Tuck[/name] most of the time. He’s five and I love it.

I think about [name]Tuck[/name] Everlasting, which is an enchanting story. I like:

[name]Tuck[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Tuck[/name] [name]Johannes[/name]
[name]Tuck[/name] [name]Stephen[/name]
[name]Tuck[/name] [name]Wesley[/name]
[name]Tuck[/name] [name]Philip[/name]
[name]Tuck[/name] [name]Julian[/name]
[name]Tuck[/name] [name]Zachary[/name]
[name]Tuck[/name] [name]Howard[/name]
[name]Tuck[/name] [name]Ernest[/name]
[name]Tuck[/name] [name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Tuck[/name] [name]Alistair[/name]
[name]Tuck[/name] [name]Robert[/name]
[name]Tuck[/name] [name]Frederick[/name]

[name]Tuck[/name]?? Think of the letters that you could substitute for T and run as fast as you can away from [name]Tuck[/name].

I like it in theory, but the rhyming thing completely ruins it.

I agree with the others–both [name]Tuck[/name] and [name]Tucker[/name] are nice in theory, but what they rhyme with completely destroys its appeal for me. I also think of [name]Tuck[/name] Everlasting.

I like the idea of [name]Huck[/name] (maybe as a nn for [name]Huxley[/name]?)–literary cred, spunky like [name]Tuck[/name]–but that still has the rhyming issue, too. :frowning:

Good luck!

Can you imagine yelling that across the playground calling for your son? [name]Imagine[/name] all the looks you would get! Oh, boy.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Tucker[/name]!! I am considering it for my own list. I prefer [name]Tucker[/name] to [name]Tuck[/name] but I think both work nicely. I know a 5 year old [name]Tucker[/name] and I yell for him across the playground all the time and I have NEVER got a cross look whatsoever. Honestly I think the rhyming associations are just immature!

I really like [name]Tuck[/name] as a nn for [name]Tucker[/name]…there is the risk of rhyming problems, but I don’t think you should let that totally turn you off from it. In terms of middle names, you could really go with anything…[name]Tucker[/name] has a strong sound and is relatively short, so you can have a lot of options. I’m a fan of family names in the middle spot, personally.