Tuesday's Babies

Hello!! I’m due in [name]January[/name] but the baby just dropped VERY obviously yesterday and all signs have been pointing to an early delivery. SO this has me kicking around the idea, if the baby comes early, [name]Tuesday[/name] is both the winter solstice AND a lunar eclipse! According to NASA it’s the first time in 465 years that that happens. Anyway, I was thinking that any babies born on [name]Tuesday[/name] should have really special names. [name]Even[/name] if mine doesn’t come on [name]Tuesday[/name] I think it’d be fun to think up special winter/lunar themed names!

My first ideas:
[name]Artemis[/name]
[name]Luna[/name]
[name]Diane[/name]
[name]Selene[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]

Those are OK and all, but they’re mostly moon themed and it seems like some sort of winter bit should be added. Also, I don’t have any boy’s names! I know they’re mostly Greek; I’ve got Greek names on my mind since my baby was conceived while on vacation in Greece!

[name]Jericho[/name] is a great Biblical place name for a boy and it means “moon city”. The Greek name mythological name [name]Orion[/name] is a also a constellation. My fave name for a girl born during the holiday season is [name]Natalia[/name]. [name]How[/name] about [name]Natalia[/name] Solstice? [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Winter[/name] or [name]Season[/name] for middle names?

When I think of “[name]Tuesday[/name] baby”, I can’t help but think of an excerpt from a poem (by Mother Goose?):

-"[name]Tuesday[/name]'s Child is full of [name]Grace[/name]…"

I just associate the name [name]Grace[/name] with that day of the week now, I suppose! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The entire poem goes something like this:

“[name]Monday[/name]'s Child is fair of face.
[name]Tuesday[/name]'s Child is full of grace.
[name]Wednesday[/name]'s Child is full of woe.
Thursday’s Child has far to go.
Friday’s Child is loving and giving.
[name]Saturday[/name]'s Child works hard for a living.
But the Child who was born on the Sabbath [name]Day[/name]
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.”

What about Solstice [name]Grace[/name]?

nickname could be Cici

I can think of a few that have something to do with [name]Christmas[/name].

Girls
[name]Robin[/name]
[name]Snow[/name]
[name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Winter[/name]
[name]Holly[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name]/[name]Natalia[/name] - “[name]Christmas[/name] child”
[name]Nevada[/name] - “[name]Snow[/name] capped”
[name]Angela[/name]/[name]Angelique[/name]/[name]Angelina[/name]/[name]Angelica[/name] - [name]Angel[/name] names
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Donna[/name] - One of [name]Santa[/name]'s reindeer

Boys
[name]Casper[/name] - One of the three kings
[name]Gabriel[/name] - [name]Angel[/name] who visited the shephards
[name]Robin[/name]
[name]Noel[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name] - Like St. [name]Nick[/name]

[name]Cynthia[/name] is also a moon name, meaning “of the moon” I tihnk.
[name]Rhiannon[/name] was a moon godess in Welsh mythology.

Also, the name [name]Leslie[/name] (or [name]Lesley[/name]) means “[name]Holly[/name] Garden”, or “from the holly garden”.

The name [name]Holly[/name] is starting to grow on me–and, oddly enough, I am drawn to the full name ‘[name]Holiday[/name]’. You could always spell it Hollidae, with nn ‘[name]Hollie[/name]’, or some other variant!

Hate to be a pest but I have to dispute the meaning of [name]Leslie[/name]/ [name]Lesley[/name]. This is my name and it is a “place” name from the Celts. It means “from the grey fort”. Literally it was bestowed on someone who was from a grey fort.
I WISH it meant something about holly. When my mom is [name]Linda[/name] (beautiful) and my childhood BF was [name]Sarah[/name] (princess) I did not love my meaning.
If she is born on a [name]Tuesday[/name], how about [name]Tuesday[/name]? Or [name]Juno[/name]? Or [name]Persis[/name]? Or some other goddess name? There are some beauts.
Good luck!

[name]Topaz[/name] - [name]December[/name] birthstone
[name]Garnet[/name] - [name]January[/name] birthstone