Turtles

[name]Hi[/name] everyone! I need your naming help for a fun project!

I work in healthcare and every year our children’s hospital does a “turtle race” fundraiser.

People and groups sponsor turtles, name them, and then they race to see who gets out of a big ring fastest. There is a carnival atmosphere with junkfood and clown etc and it is a very fun day. They invite the current kids in house to come down to watch the races and even cctv the event to broadcast it up to the kids who aren’t able to come outside.

So… I want your creative help with naming our turtles! I am not sure how many we are getting this year, I think 4-5.

[name]Just[/name] to give you an idea, some of our past names have been:
[name]Ima[/name] Winner
Ketchup Twoya
Fester Danyu
[name]Juan[/name] Drenoway
Stubben Mahtoe
And Tummy Fulladew

So you get the idea! Now help me think of some fun ones that I can suggest to the rest of our “turtle committee” (I know, its a very tough job!)

Aww, that’s such a cute idea!
Not exactly fitting with your theme, but I’ve always thought [name]Frederick[/name] and [name]Wilhelmina[/name] would be good names for turtles :slight_smile:

Sooo cute!

I’ll try to think of some good ones, but I warn you…some of these are baaaad :slight_smile:

Freeta Run
Willya Move
[name]Ima[/name] Tryin
[name]Harry[/name] Up/ [name]Harry[/name] Upnrun
[name]Joe[/name] Sloe
[name]Kenya[/name] [name]Win[/name]
Gitmo Over
[name]Justin[/name] Tyme
[name]Dash[/name] Tawin
[name]Willa[/name] B. First
[name]Aiden[/name] Yahome
[name]Bailey[/name] Walking
[name]Harley[/name] Movin
[name]Izzy[/name] Movin/ [name]Izzy[/name] Sloe/ [name]Izzy[/name] Fast
Keep A Goin
Sailin Bye
Tornado [name]Tom[/name]
Waite Ferme
Dareya Tarun

(not that you could use this one at all, but when I thougth of it I laughed out loud!) Urine Maway - LOL!

I was also thinking you could use movie names.

For instance all the turtles could be names from Footloose.
[name]Ren[/name], [name]Ariel[/name], [name]Vi[/name], [name]Willard[/name], [name]Rusty[/name], [name]Woody[/name], [name]Wendy[/name] [name]Jo[/name], [name]Ethel[/name], [name]Chuck[/name]

That was A LOT of fun!!
Good luck and lettuce know (hehe) what you choose! :slight_smile:

Whippet Good
[name]Winnie[/name] Turtelino
Speedy Goneturtle
[name]Otto[/name] Getgoing
[name]Iman[/name] Myway
[name]Darwin[/name] Nerisme
[name]Hope[/name] U. Estalla
[name]Bea[/name] Theresoon
[name]Alwin[/name] [name]Effie[/name] Ugetoutoftheway
[name]Grace[/name] Delightning

Those are cute! I especially like Willya Move and Freeta Run!

Urine Maway!!! LOL

Armageddon Outtahere

– [name]Nephele[/name]

[name]Nephele[/name], that’s so funny! [name]Love[/name] it!

And [name]Susan[/name], I missed yours before somehow… [name]Love[/name] so many of them! Thanks guys for the great list! I will give your lists to the “committee” and let you know which 5 we name!

[name]Susan[/name], I laughed so hard over [name]Hope[/name] U. Estalla and [name]Alwin[/name] [name]Effie[/name] Ugetoutoftheway

Amazing!

I agree… the [name]Hope[/name] U. Estalla is GREAT!

and the “committee” thinks Urine Maway is pretty hysterical!

And the winners are:

[name]Hope[/name] U. Estalla
[name]Otto[/name] Getgoing
Armageddon Outtahere
[name]Anita[/name] Pedicure
[name]Harry[/name] Up

Thanks for your help! Unfortunately I couldn’t tell my coworkers where I got all the great names (since I am not out of the closet PG at work yet!) so I had to take credit for them for now… but I will tell them in a few weeks!

Thanks again for the great list!

[name]Kelly[/name]

[name]Glad[/name] you liked the name I gave you, [name]Kelly[/name]. And, you don’t have to be PG to hang out on a baby names board – I’m not pregnant and I’m here. I don’t think you have much to worry about by telling your coworkers where you got the names.

I must be dense this morning, but I’m having a hard time deciphering the “[name]Hope[/name] U. Estalla” pun. Could someone be kind to me and 'splain it to me? Thanks! lol

– [name]Nephele[/name]

Its like “I hope you stall” :slight_smile:
No worries…my husband had to decipher [name]Darwin[/name] Nerisme… I felt really dense when he broke it down :slight_smile:

I’m not PG, either! No plans to be for a few years…but I [name]LOVE[/name] it here!

While I totally agree that you don’t need to be PG to be on the site… As a 27 year old woman who has been married for 2 years, all of my coworkers are kind of watching and waiting… So the event is on the 25th and we will have spilled the beans by then, so I will be sure to give Nameberry credit!

One of my coworkers didn’t get the [name]Darwin[/name] Nerisme either… So while I loved that one we decided it might be too tough for people to get.

Again thanks for the great names everyone!

Hmmm sounds like [name]Darwin[/name] Nerisme caused some headaches! Thanks for using two of my ideas. [name]Love[/name] [name]Harry[/name] Up so much! And [name]Anita[/name] Pedicure and Armageddon Outahere were hysterical, too! That was really fun, great team effort, Nameberry Posters!

I loved it too! Maybe we can think of another reason to come up with names like these… Game idea anyone?
LOL