Twin boys with siblings (boys #4 and #5)

With twin boys i am not sure what direction to go in. i don’t want them to be to matchy but you are going to be saying the two names together quite often. i have a long list of girls names but with boys i am floundering a little bit. My boys are named [name]Henry[/name], [name]Jack[/name], and [name]William[/name] (liam). So you can see that i like classic names but i have found these names to be a little to popular for my taste. Also some of the names i like i fear may sound a little to pretentious for my taste. Anyways i guess i am looking for names that are classic but not to popular. Here is my list so far (i am all over the board) tell me if you like the names and which ones sound good together and if you have any suggestions.

[name]Nathaniel[/name] ([name]Nate[/name])
[name]Charles[/name] (don’t like nn [name]Chuck[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name])
[name]Edward[/name] ([name]Ward[/name]) [name]Love[/name] this name might be my top pick
[name]James[/name]
[name]Miles[/name] (not sure if it fits)
[name]Hugh[/name] (fear he would be called ewww)
[name]Nicholas[/name] (very popular in my family)
[name]Finian[/name] ([name]Finn[/name])
[name]Caleb[/name] ([name]Cal[/name])
[name]Sebastian[/name] (might not fit and is very popular in my area)
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Kingston[/name] (family name)
[name]Daniel[/name]

Wonderful names! :slight_smile:

[name]Nathaniel[/name] ([name]Nate[/name]): A fantastic name!

[name]Charles[/name] (don’t like nn [name]Chuck[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name]): I love [name]Charles[/name], but if you don’t like its nicknames, maybe you should use it as a middle name. It’s a sure thing that others will call him [name]Charlie[/name] or [name]Chuck[/name].

[name]Edward[/name] ([name]Ward[/name]): I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Edward[/name]!

[name]James[/name]: A great name…

[name]Miles[/name] (not sure if it fits): I do like [name]Miles[/name], but for a middle name. [name]Milo[/name] is nice, too.

[name]Hugh[/name] (fear he would be called ewww): I do like [name]Hugh[/name], but I sometimes think it sounds too insubstantial for a first name. If you have ewww fears, I’d use one of the other awsome names on your list!

[name]Nicholas[/name] (very popular in my family): A great name, but, as you said, it’s very popular in your family.

[name]Finian[/name] ([name]Finn[/name]): [name]Finnian[/name] is a great name! It would be darling with [name]Milo[/name].

[name]Caleb[/name] ([name]Cal[/name]): I’m not a [name]Caleb[/name] fan (I don’t know why!), and am wondering about [name]Calvin[/name] for you.

[name]Sebastian[/name] (might not fit and is very popular in my area): I love [name]Sebastian[/name]. [name]How[/name] about using it as a middle name option?

[name]Everett[/name]: This name has really been growing on me. This is another one that works especially well with [name]Miles[/name] and [name]Finnian[/name].

[name]Kingston[/name] (family name): I’d definitely keep this as a middle name. It’s lovely!

[name]Daniel[/name]: I adore [name]Daniel[/name]

[name]Edward[/name] [name]Charles[/name] and [name]James[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] [name]Kingston[/name] and [name]James[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] [name]Finnian[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Miles[/name] and [name]Finnian[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Everett[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]Milo[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]

Best wishes to you!

i absolutely love the name [name]Finnian[/name] [name]James[/name] thanks so much. i think i will definately use that along with [name]Edward[/name] though i am still not sure about a middle name though i am leaning towards [name]Charles[/name].

Why does everyone want to give [name]Charles[/name] a nickname? Seriously - the name is only one syllable long! If you want to name your baby [name]Charles[/name] but don’t like the nicknames, then name him [name]Charles[/name] and call him [name]Charles[/name]. If another adult tries to call him [name]Chuck[/name] or [name]Charlie[/name], just firmly say, “His name is [name]Charles[/name].” It’s as simple as that. That is what my mother did with my sis and me, and when we were older and other children tried to call us by nicknames, we would just say, “That is not my name.” Worked everytime.

[name]Nathaniel[/name] nn [name]Nate[/name] - I love this name. [name]How[/name] about naming his twin [name]Theodore[/name] (nn [name]Theo[/name])? They both mean ‘gift from God’.
[name]Charles[/name] - I think it’s quite likely he will end up being nicknamed [name]Charlie[/name] at school, and may want to encourage it, so if this really bothers you then I would steer clear of it.
[name]Edward[/name] nn [name]Ward[/name] - matches your children’s names very well. It may be set to become uber-popular with the Twilight phenomenon, though.
[name]James[/name] - classic, handsome, and matches your children’s names very well.
[name]Miles[/name] - I don’t think it fits, and I don’t personally like it, either.
[name]Hugh[/name] - I wouldn’t worry about the ‘ewww’, as this shouldn’t last beyond nursery if it happens at all, but personally I prefer [name]Hugo[/name].
[name]Nicholas[/name] - is the popularity within your family a positive or negative thing? Again, I feel like it fits your children’s names well.
[name]Finian[/name] nn [name]Finn[/name] - I’m not sure how well this fits, but I do like it.
[name]Caleb[/name] nn [name]Cal[/name] - as with [name]Finian[/name].
[name]Sebastian[/name] - I think it does fit, but I would avoid it because of the popularity.
[name]Everett[/name] - I like.
[name]Kingston[/name] - to me, it doesn’t fit well with your children’s names.
[name]Daniel[/name] - nice.

Have you considered [name]Lorcan[/name], [name]Connor[/name] or [name]Oscar[/name]?

My favourite combinations of the names you gave are :
[name]Edward[/name] and [name]James[/name]
[name]Everett[/name] and [name]James[/name]
[name]Everett[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name].

If you really want to use [name]Finian[/name] or [name]Caleb[/name], I would use them both, as they have the same sort of feel and this would avoid the possibility of one name standing out.

With twin boys i am not sure what direction to go in. i don’t want them to be to matchy but you are going to be saying the two names together quite often. i have a long list of girls names but with boys i am floundering a little bit. My boys are named [name]Henry[/name], [name]Jack[/name], and [name]William[/name] (liam). So you can see that i like classic names but i have found these names to be a little to popular for my taste. Also some of the names i like i fear may sound a little to pretentious for my taste. Anyways i guess i am looking for names that are classic but not to popular. Here is my list so far (i am all over the board) tell me if you like the names and which ones sound good together and if you have any suggestions.

[name]Nathaniel[/name] ([name]Nate[/name])
[name]Charles[/name] (don’t like nn [name]Chuck[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name]) - I love [name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name]! I agree with [name]Jill[/name] that maybe you should use it as a middle name.
[name]Edward[/name] ([name]Ward[/name]) [name]Love[/name] this name might be my top pick - love [name]Edward[/name] and [name]Edwin[/name].
[name]James[/name] - love, especially as a middle name.
[name]Miles[/name] (not sure if it fits) - I love [name]Miles[/name] so much!
[name]Hugh[/name] (fear he would be called ewww) - Yeah, I don’t really like [name]Hugh[/name].
[name]Nicholas[/name] (very popular in my family) - One of my faves, love the nn’s [name]Nico[/name] and [name]Colin[/name].
[name]Finian[/name] ([name]Finn[/name]) - love
[name]Caleb[/name] ([name]Cal[/name])
[name]Sebastian[/name] (might not fit and is very popular in my area) - love, my son’s middle name. He loves it.
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Kingston[/name] (family name) - that’s so cool that it’s a fam name. I’d definitely use it as a middle.
[name]Daniel[/name] - this is one of my very favorite names, but it has become #1 in [name]CA[/name] where I live. Too bad. Maybe it isn’t so popular where you live. When I was young, I always thought I might name my son [name]Daniel[/name]. But I’m glad we didn’t because his two best friends are named [name]Daniel[/name].