Twin Boys

[name]Hi[/name] everyone,

We’re having identical twin boys, and although they were supposed to arrive in [name]December[/name], there are some complications and it looks like they could arrive at any time.

Initially our thoughts were to name them [name]Liam[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name]. We’re still on the [name]Liam[/name] train for [name]Baby[/name] A, but we feel now that [name]Baby[/name] B could be either [name]Charlie[/name] or [name]Owen[/name]. The main reason is that I don’t want to give [name]Charlie[/name] as a formal name, so it would be [name]Charles[/name], and as much as I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Charlie[/name] I am on the fence on [name]Charles[/name] itself. Also, we’d do [name]William[/name] as a full name for [name]Liam[/name], and [name]William[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] seem so very… British monarchy. [name]Owen[/name] was a name we both liked when we first started talking names years ago, but it has lost its sparkle a bit for me and [name]Liam[/name] and [name]Owen[/name] sounds a little sing-songy, whereas [name]Liam[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name] sound more distinct.

Anyway, we need some serious help on middle names. The babies’ entire names will be as follows (first, middle, family, last):

[name]William[/name] _______ P__lson Th__ker
[name]Charles[/name] _______ Wh__field Th__ker or [name]Owen[/name] _______ Wh__field Th__ker

The last name starts with a “th” as in “thesis”. I am very conscious of spelling things with initials, but I do love vowel names (another reason to use [name]Owen[/name]).

Here is the current list of names we have thought of that my husband has not yet vetoed:

[name]Jonah[/name]
[name]Eamon[/name]
[name]David[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Alec[/name]
[name]Evan[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Fraser[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]

These he has vetoed, but should give an idea of what I like:

[name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Fergus[/name]
[name]Angus[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Hamish[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am a life-long name lover, so I have thought through many options, but I need more inspiration. Bonus points for names that mean or refer to “strength”.

Thanks in advance!

I really like [name]Liam[/name] and [name]Owen[/name] together - they seem a great match to me and I actually prefer [name]Owen[/name] to [name]Charlie[/name]. Either would be great though.

[name]How[/name] about:

[name]William[/name] [name]Henry[/name] P__lson Th__ker and [name]Charles[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] Wh__field Th__ker
or
[name]William[/name] [name]Fraser[/name] P__lson Th__ker and [name]Owen[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] Wh__field Th__ker

[name]Griffin[/name] means strong lord, [name]Brian[/name]/[name]Bryan[/name] means strong/honourable.

Best of luck!