Twin Brother for Serenity/Serendipity

I have yet to decide what I actually want Seren’s full name to be. Either way it’s ironic as anything:

[name_f]Serenity[/name_f]: the state of being calm, peaceful, and untroubled.

[name_f]Serendipity[/name_f]: the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way.

This girl just massacred a crowd of people.

But yeah, twin brother.

I’m thinking that their surname is [name_m]Haldor[/name_m]. And I think I’d probably prefer a word name for him, to go along with Seren’s full name.

The twins are both witches. I see them both with dark hair — brown or black, not sure which right this moment — and [name_u]Seren[/name_u] has sort of ambery eyes while her brother… maybe violet? Like in contrast — she has bright orange-ish eyes, he has dark purple-ish ones.

Brother is generally a calm person, but ‘be careful when it comes to his family’ is the philosophy most live by when it comes to him. They assume executing his mother will lead him right back into their hands, but since they never get round to it (and [name_u]Seren[/name_u] just does the job for them anyway…) there’s no way of telling what actually would have happened. He’s not really much for confrontation, and if anything prefers to try settling things without force — so the fact that he’s being hunted for supposed acts of dark magic is… strange, in Seren’s eyes.

Which is why the whole massacre thing happens.

I’d definitely like the name to be a little more unusual, and if it has a logical nickname that’s even better!

[name_u]Zenith[/name_u]
[name_f]Quintessence[/name_f]
Renaissance
[name_m]Beauregard[/name_m]
[name_u]Everest[/name_u]
[name_u]Griffin[/name_u]
[name_u]Winter[/name_u]
Torrent
[name_u]Wilder[/name_u]
[name_u]Polaris[/name_u]

1 Like

First name I could think of is [name_u]Valor[/name_u]!

I’m personally a fan of symmetrical twin names (same syllables, vowel-consonant patterns, theme, etc.), and [name_u]Valor[/name_u] has the same syllables, letter pattern as [name_u]Seren[/name_u] so I think it fits pretty well. [name_u]Valor[/name_u] [name_m]Haldor[/name_m] seems a bit much though. :sweat_smile:

Here are a few other word name ideas:
[name_u]Justice[/name_u]
[name_m]Chaos[/name_m]
[name_u]Tempest[/name_u]
[name_u]Midnight[/name_u] (nn [name_u]Night[/name_u], on theme with [name_u]Seren[/name_u] meaning ‘star’)
[name_u]November[/name_u] (nn Ember/Nova)
[name_u]Equinox[/name_u] (nn Knox/Quinn)
[name_u]Credence[/name_u] (nn Creed/Reid)
[name_f]Remember[/name_f] (nn Remy/Ember)
[name_m]Benevolent[/name_m] (nn Ben/Ivo/Nolan)
[name_m]Endeavour[/name_m] (nn Ender)

I like [name_u]Polaris[/name_u] from PP’s suggestions too!

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] these help!

1 Like