Twin for Goth Girl, Name for Antagonist Group, and Love Interest Trouble

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there! I have a few questions for you.

1: [name_f]Calliope[/name_f], a blonde-haired, passionate, goth girl nicknamed [name_f]Callie[/name_f], is a twin. Her brother is [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] right now. But [name_m]Fabian[/name_m] is another character in [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]'s friend group, the [name_u]Four[/name_u] Stars, a group of popular kids: [name_m]Fabian[/name_m], [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], and their leader [name_f]Quintessa[/name_f]. (Also looking for another name for their group, but don’t want it to be too similar to the Monarchy, the 4 popular kids in the [name_f]Mystery[/name_f] of [name_f]Alice[/name_f] (one of my fave books ever). Is [name_m]Fabian[/name_m] too close to [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] or fine? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any suggestions for his name?

2: I need a name for an antagonist group. Not what they call themselves, but what the 13-14 year old kids solving the mystery call them. This group includes one of the kid’s teachers, Mr. [name_m]Desmond[/name_m]. The group has kidnapped a boy, [name_u]Indigo[/name_u], which leads the new girl, [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] Suran, a friend of the main character and detective, [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] [name_m]Drake[/name_m], to search for him and [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] gets kidnapped too, by the same group. They kidnapped [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] because they thought he figured out Mr. [name_m]Desmond[/name_m] was blackmailing the mayor. The group is comprised of four members including Mr. [name_m]Desmond[/name_m], and they are blackmailing the mayor because they know he…(What did he do? help me with this too please, I have ideas but none of them are really good!) The group’s headquarters is in an abandoned, rundown brick building.

3: [name_m]How[/name_m] to develop a love interest in a story? This is a bit complicated: so [name_m]Zed[/name_m], [name_f]Avalon[/name_f]'s friend, has a crush on her, but she has a crush on [name_m]Fabian[/name_m]…yeah

Thanks so much if you’ve got this far!!! You deserve an award…here it is!

1 Like

Thanks so much [name_f]Aisha[/name_f]!!

(I meant for [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]’s twin to be a boy, sorry! )

1. [name_m]Fabian[/name_m] and [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] don’t sound close to each other at all, at least not to me. However, if you’re still not sure of keeping the name (is it [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] or [name_m]Fabian[/name_m] you want to change?) here are some suggestions
  • [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Rupert[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Felix[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Casper[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Castor[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Zander[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Preston[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Evander[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Jason[/name_m]/Iason
  • [name_m]Atlas[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Artemas[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Cassius[/name_m]
  1. Erebus/Erebos- the name of a Greek god of darkness. That’s all I’ve got so far.

2. This one can be tricky. [name_m]How[/name_m] exactly do you want this love triangle to play out? [name_m]Will[/name_m] [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] eventually begin to like [name_m]Zed[/name_m] as more than a friend or will it be a one-sided crush? Does [name_m]Fabian[/name_m] have a crush on [name_f]Avalon[/name_f]? [name_f]My[/name_f] best advice to to read books that deal with similar situations and see how they do it. However, I did find some articles that talk about creating love interests. Maybe they can help you more than I can

As for what the mayor is being blackmailed over, it should be something scandalous. Maybe he embezzled money, cheated on his wife, was involved in a hit and run that was never solved- all of which can ruin his political career.

2 Likes

If you want to change only one of [name_m]Fabian[/name_m] and [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], you could change [name_m]Fabian[/name_m] to [name_m]Fintan[/name_m] and have [name_m]Fintan[/name_m] and [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] which still has the -an ending but not the -ian ending. Or you could change [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] to [name_m]Casper[/name_m] or something similar and have [name_m]Fabian[/name_m] and [name_m]Casper[/name_m], [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] and [name_m]Casper[/name_m].

[name_m]Just[/name_m] an idea :upside_down_face: good luck!

1 Like