Twin girl name ideas

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] are really pretty together! I love [name_f]Marina[/name_f] from your middle name ideas, and my husband loves [name_f]Mira[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] middle name starts with an M as well, and I think that would be a cute similarity in our names!

I know triplets who all have the same middle name! It’s not odd, but the three of them are bummed that they don’t have more unique middles.

1 Like

Oh wow, [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] and [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f] are stunning!!!

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more! Thank you for the inspo!

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband has been exploring names a bit more, and found the name [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] and absolutely loves it. The name has an old fashioned ring to it, but I’m not sure if it works the greatest with [name_f]Savannah[/name_f], any thoughts? He also liked [name_f]Rosalyn[/name_f] as an alternative :woman_shrugging:t3:

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] again berries!

On my husband’s original list, he chose [name_f]Norah[/name_f] as one of his favourites. I have been loving the N names with [name_f]Savannah[/name_f], and was wondering what you all thought of [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f] for her first and middle name!

Husband is still set on a [name_f]Rose[/name_f] variation (Rose, [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalyn[/name_f], Rosie). I’m not so sure- help!

1 Like

[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f] sounds good together, and I think [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalyn[/name_f] would sound cute, and still honors your grandma, while still being different.

4 Likes

I really love that idea of using [name_f]Rosalyn[/name_f] as a middle name! Thanks!

1 Like

If he likes [name_f]Summer[/name_f], maybe he’d like [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] or [name_u]Holly[/name_u] as more seasonally appropriate versions? [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] feels like a natural blend of your two styles, so maybe [name_f]Vanessa[/name_f] and [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]? What do you think of the name [name_f]Lynnette[/name_f]?

1 Like

Firstly, congratulations on twin girls!

I know you’ve said you don’t want the girls names to start to with the same letter. What I thought might be cute though is having their middle and firsts names start with the same initials but have one pair flipped. So just to give an example, you could have something [name_f]Summer[/name_f] [name_u]Blair[/name_u] and [name_u]Brooke[/name_u] [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] . That way they match with the S and B initials, but it isn’t an obvious match.

Also, you mention wanting to pay homage to your grandmother [name_u]Lynn[/name_u]. There is a name similar to [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] - [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]. It means “twinflower,” which I think would be a great option for one of your girls to have, either as a first or middle name. And maybe your other daughter could have a name that ends in a “-lyn” such as [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] in their name. Again, it would link the two girls but not in an obvious way.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] that helps in some way.

1 Like

I think [name_f]Norah[/name_f] and [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] works, especially with the matching h endings. [name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f] is lovely. Personally, I really like a [name_f]Rose[/name_f] name with [name_f]Savannah[/name_f]. [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalyn[/name_f] both have a [name_u]Southern[/name_u] vibe to me, so they’re a good match with [name_f]Savannah[/name_f].

I also love [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], if that’s still an option (probably my favorite of the bunch!)

2 Likes

Wow those are so pretty! [name_f]Lynnette[/name_f] is gorgeous especially with the double n’s. I agree with the season appropriate names, and he prefers [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] out of the bunch- thank you!

Thank you! The idea of the flipped initials is a really discret way to have them matching, I love it! [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] is beautiful, and I love the meaning behind it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I agree, [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] really has a special place in my heart! I just noticed the ah sound with [name_f]Norah[/name_f] and [name_f]Savannah[/name_f], thank you for pointing that out, I love how it’s matching but not so out there! I see what you mean with a [name_f]Rose[/name_f] middle name for [name_f]Savannah[/name_f], my husband was very happy to hear a [name_f]Rose[/name_f] variation was apart of the list. :blush:

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone!

Thank you for all the beautiful name suggestions!

I think both me and my husband are pretty set with the name [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] for baby 1! We have had so many amazing ideas for her middle name, and are still unsure. We have to wait to see her to know if that’s the perfect name for her, but still need baby 2’s first and middle name. You all have been so much help, and I can’t thank you enough.

So far my favourite [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] name combos are:

[name_f]Savannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Savannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Savannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Norah[/name_f]
[name_f]Savannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Grace[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband’s favourite [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] name combos:

[name_f]Savannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Savannah[/name_f] and [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Savannah[/name_f] and Faithlyn/Faith
[name_f]Savannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Lily[/name_f]

Tell me what you all think!

1 Like

Personally, I like all the combos on your list! I was just catching up and reading the thread and despite the same letter, [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] work. I also like the [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Norah[/name_f] pairing with the matching -ah. I do like [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] too, I’ve always liked that name and with [name_u]December[/name_u] birthdays it’s even more tied in!

Bottom line with any of these pairings, I feel like you can find the perfect middle names and include your family ties and personal favorites. Both [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] work as middles, or a [name_f]Rose[/name_f] variation for your husbands taste. Get a short list and decide when you meet them :slight_smile:

Overall, I think my favorite combo is [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] (a Christmas-y tie too?). Yes, they start with the same letter but are still very much unique of each other.

Congratulations!!

1 Like

Based on all the criteria that’s been discussed in this thread, Savannah and Brooklyn seem like the perfect combo! Savannah is your top choice and Brooklyn combines your love of Brooke with honoring your mother, Lynn. (Love this name btw! Lyn is also my middle.)

Depending on the middles you choose, you can create a balanced set that has a little bit of everything you want! You could really use any combo of Rose (or Rosalie, Rosemarie, Rosemary, Rosalind, etc.), Juliet, Lily, Grace, or Noelle in the middle and make a perfect pair!

Savannah Rose
Savannah Lily
Savannah Grace
Savannah Juliet
Savannah Noelle

Brooklyn Rose
Brooklyn Lily
Brooklyn Grace
Brooklyn Juliet
Brooklyn Noelle

Savannah Rose and Brooklyn Lily
Savannah Rose and Brooklyn Grace
Savannah Rose and Brooklyn Juliet
Savannah Rose and Brooklyn Noelle

Savannah Lily and Brooklyn Rose
Savannah Lily and Brooklyn Grace
Savannah Lily and Brooklyn Juliet
Savannah Lily and Brooklyn Noelle

Savannah Grace and Brooklyn Rose
Savannah Grace and Brooklyn Lily
Savannah Grace and Brooklyn Juliet
Savannah Grace and Brooklyn Noelle

Savannah Juliet and Brooklyn Rose
Savannah Juliet and Brooklyn Lily
Savannah Juliet and Brooklyn Grace
Savannah Juliet and Brooklyn Noelle

Savannah Noelle and Brooklyn Rose
Savannah Noelle and Brooklyn Lily
Savannah Noelle and Brooklyn Grace
Savannah Noelle and Brooklyn Juliet

My favorites are Savannah Lily and Brooklyn Rose, Savannah Grace and Brooklyn Juliet, Savannah Grace and Brooklyn Noelle, and Savannah Juliet and Brooklyn Noelle!

1 Like

Thank you! I love your insight on the names! I do agree with the ‘wait until you meet them’ aspect. [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] really are top contenders!

1 Like

I think [name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] sounds kind of pretty. I also think it would be fine for them to have the same middle name. I actually haven’t heard of that before.

Some names both of you might like:

[name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] and [name_u]Snow[/name_u] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u]
[name_f]Sienna[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] and [name_f]Viola[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u]
[name_u]Blake[/name_u] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] and [name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u]

1 Like

Wow, thank you! These names are everything we love! The more you say [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u], the more I truly love it. It really does have a lot of components that I enjoy! Thanks again! :blush:

1 Like