Twin girls: alliteration, matchy, MN, HELP!

I like the above suggestion of [name]Luna[/name] and [name]Stella[/name]! Or perhaps [name]Marina[/name] and [name]Gaia[/name] (sea and earth)?

I love the alliteration actually. I do not prefer the names changed to [name]Marina[/name] [name]Lyra[/name] and [name]Luna[/name] Mayla, but how about:

[name]Marina[/name] [name]Malia[/name] (calm sea) and [name]Luna[/name] [name]Layla[/name] (night moon)
[name]Marina[/name] [name]May[/name] and [name]Luna[/name] [name]Leonie[/name]
[name]Marina[/name] [name]Maya[/name] and [name]Luna[/name] [name]Leilani[/name]
[name]Marina[/name] [name]Melia[/name] and [name]Luna[/name] [name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Marina[/name] [name]Mignon[/name] and [name]Luna[/name] [name]Lilou[/name]
[name]Marina[/name] [name]Mia[/name] and [name]Luna[/name] [name]Lucy[/name]

Hey firstly congratulations!

I think [name]Luna[/name] & [name]Marina[/name] even though sharing a similar sound they look and feel beautiful together. I love the whole sea/moon thing it’s beautiful. I don’t think the connection is too obvious also I like twin names with a connection it’s sweet. For instance atm if I were to have twin girls they would be [name]Rosalie[/name] & [name]Lilian[/name] the connection being flowers (obviously) it’s elegant.

I don’t think [name]Marina[/name] Mayla is too sing-songy but [name]Luna[/name] [name]Lyra[/name] is. However I do like the alliteration!

But I do think that [name]Luna[/name] [name]Lyra[/name] is too sing-songy hmm I was thinking [name]Luna[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Lyra[/name] I think that sounds stunning. However for the twin connection I would have a second middle name for [name]Marina[/name]. I was thinking [name]Marina[/name] [name]Adeline[/name] Mayla. But I do agree with others with swapping [name]Luna[/name] Mayla and [name]Marina[/name] [name]Lyra[/name].

Anyway your not crazy lovely you just want perfection which is understandable :slight_smile:

[name]Hope[/name] I helped xxxx

Nooo…I do not think [name]Marina[/name] and [name]Luna[/name] are too matchy. They are beautiful! And that they have such meaning for you seals it. [name]Marina[/name] Mayla is somewhat sing-songy, but I like names like that. It’s such a beautiful flow you should totally go for it. I like the idea of having alliteration for both of them…but I’m not quite liking [name]Luna[/name] [name]Lyra[/name]. Too monotone…or something. You need something to break up the syllables. [name]Luna[/name] [name]Lyre[/name]? [name]Luna[/name] [name]Lyra[/name] [name]Belle[/name]? Or maybe [name]Luna[/name] [name]Lyric[/name] is better with the different ending? I hope you come up with the perfect combo and I really think you should keep [name]Marina[/name] Mayla. It’s perfect for you. You’re totally not crazy:)

Thanks for the feedback! I think y’all are saying what I knew, but didn’t want to believe: that [name]Luna[/name] [name]Lyra[/name] just sounds too cutesy and has no flow. I am seriously considering [name]Marina[/name] [name]Lyra[/name] and [name]Luna[/name] Mayla, because I do love all four names and want to use them somehow. I am also LOVING the suggestions of [name]Luna[/name] [name]Lorelai[/name], [name]Luna[/name] [name]Leonie[/name], [name]Luna[/name] [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Luna[/name] [name]Leilani[/name]. What can I say, I am a sucker for alliteration. I do especially like [name]Leilani[/name], meaning “heavenly flower,” which I think goes quite nicely with [name]Luna[/name]. (Thanks freddy!)

I just spoke with my [name]SIL[/name], who is an artist, yesterday, and she is making some beautiful prints of an astronaut and deep-sea diver for us to decorate the girls’ nursery. I just can’t wait to meet my beautiful girls :slight_smile:
thanks everybody! xoxo

My opinions:

1. No! I think they are beautiful together and your explanation made me love them even more!
  2. In my opinion I think they are too matchy. I tend to like some alliteration but only to an extent. I think these middle names are too close to what the first names are.
  3. I’m not a fan of two middle names but see my next answer for my opinion about the middles…
  4. I love the names when you switch the middle names. It gives the twins an even bigger connection with switched initials!
  5. Absolutely not! :slight_smile:

Congrats on twin girls!! Good luck!

[name]Luna[/name] and [name]Marina[/name] are perfection, good job! I think the reason they are too sing song is because of the double -a ending. I’ve noticed this problem with almost every combo of names that both have an A ending. Maybe [name]Marina[/name] Maylin or [name]Luna[/name] Lyran would be better? (i know what book youre talking about with [name]Lyra[/name] btw, i love that name as well!)