Twin Girls makes babies #2 & #3!

Hello! [name_m]Just[/name_m] a first post asking for some help on twin girl names! We’re expecting two little girls in late [name_f]September[/name_f] and names are still uncertain! We thought we had them down but my husband has just freaked out about our previous choices ([name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] & [name_f]Coral[/name_f]) so now I’m here! We’ve been rewriting our list and have about 3 pairs we agree on but would love some advice!! We really want names that ‘fit’ with our eldest’s name which is [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]. They don’t need to match or anything just need to sound nice I suppose. I’m a historian, my husband is a musician and we are both book lovers so we would love some names that encompass our passions in some way, I’m not sure! So far our short list is as follows:

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] & [name_f]Xanthipe[/name_f] [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
Both the middle names are book characters, [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] would be after one of my favourite periods of British history and [name_f]Xanthipe[/name_f] after my aunt.

[name_f]Rosa[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u] & [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] ([name_u]Matty[/name_u]) [name_f]Cara[/name_f]

[name_f]Aretha[/name_f] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] & [name_f]Angelica[/name_f] [name_f]Una[/name_f]

Anyway! Would love your opinions and advice!
[name_f]Ginny[/name_f]

Just thought I’d update you all! Thank you for the fantastic suggestions I love them all! After some thought I’d like to add these into the mix if it’s not too much trouble

Maeve Phoebe & Xanthe Willow

Susannah Taylor & Angelica Astrid

I know a lot of you loved the Phoebe/Georgia mix but we’ve decided (for now) that it’s just not us, not to say it’s not absolutely stunning. However I’d still love your advice on the new additions plus any new suggestions and just general advice on what we already have! Thanks again!
Ginny

1 Like

I like [name_f]Aretha[/name_f] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] and [name_f]Angelica[/name_f] [name_f]Una[/name_f]!

1 Like

Rosa [name_u]Willow[/name_u] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Cara[/name_f]! I think [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] together are just gorgeous.

Georgia and [name_f]Xanthipe[/name_f], whilst not my style, are nice names but I feel they’re mismatched; [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] is a fairly common, traditional name whereas [name_f]Xanthipe[/name_f] is much more out there and quirky. I can see [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] more with [name_f]Angelica[/name_f] and [name_f]Xanthipe[/name_f] with [name_f]Aretha[/name_f].

Not sure if you wanted suggestions but here are some ideas:

Clementine and [name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f] and [name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f] and [name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Zipporah[/name_f] and [name_f]Allegra[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f] and [name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and [name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Bronte[/name_f] and [name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_u]Noa[/name_u] and [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]
[name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] and [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] and [name_u]June[/name_u]

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

I would stick with [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] from your original picks and pair it with [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]. I think those would be amazing with [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]!

1 Like

I like [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Coral[/name_f] a lot!
From your other options [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] are my favourite but maybe [name_u]Matty[/name_u] is a little close to [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]?

Rosa and [name_f]Angelica[/name_f] would be sweet!

If I can mix and match, I think [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] would be fantastic together! I also agree that [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] would be perfect with big sis, so [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] would be my pick if [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] is still on the table.

3 Likes

Another vote for [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] or [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] (maybe [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]?). [name_f]Xanthipe[/name_f] feels a lot more unusual than the other names so doesn’t quite fit in. And [name_f]Aretha[/name_f] to me is a one person name, I would be surprised to hear it on anyone else. I like [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] but [name_u]Matty[/name_u] is pretty close to [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_f]Tilda[/name_f] or [name_f]Tillie[/name_f]?

3 Likes

I think [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] would make a lovely pairing! I also love [name_f]Aretha[/name_f] and [name_f]Coral[/name_f]. Essentially backtracking but I’ve got to say your first choices still stand as my absolute favorites!

1 Like

Another vote for [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] !

Hi there-
I also echo above posters that mixing and matching from Different twin sets above may give you the perfect combo.

Do you want to keep [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] and [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] (love this name!) as middles?

Some options with sister [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]:

Georgia [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosa[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Xanthipe[/name_f] and [name_f]Angelica[/name_f] [name_f]Una[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]

Of your list my favorites with [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] are [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]!

Not sure if this is stretching too far, but could you take the X sound from your aunt’s name and turn it into a Z to make [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]?

I think [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] & [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f] would be really nice.

1 Like

Personally I think [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] & [name_f]Xanthipe[/name_f] [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] would make an outstanding sibset with [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]

[name_f]Xanthipe[/name_f] is quite lovely and is quite quirky however, perhaps just [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]?? [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] would still pay tribute to your aunt and feels way less sore thumb next to your other two

2 Likes

I am not keen on coral but [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] is pretty. I think I would go for [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Coralie[/name_f].
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] sound like a lovely sister sibset.

Phoebe [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f] [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]

I agree with @TDFM [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] & [name_f]Xanthipe[/name_f] don’t seem to go together. Does your aunt have difficulty with people pronouncing or spelling her name?

I love [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] & [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] together!

Aretha and [name_f]Angelica[/name_f] is my favourite!
heres some names that i think will fit with [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] & [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] & [name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f] & [name_f]Elaine[/name_f]

I agree with previous posters that [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] (my name!) and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] would make a great set. Maybe [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Xanthipe[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]? That way you still get to use your meaningful names and each twin has a Greek name, which I think is a nice tie.

1 Like

I agree with previous posters. You have some lovely names here, but I’m not sure these sets pair well together.

Matty feels too close to [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], and [name_f]Xanthipe[/name_f] seems too far out compared to [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] and [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]. I like the idea of [name_f]Xanthipe[/name_f] as a middle name, though [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] and [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] are lovely and match [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] well. I also think [name_f]Aretha[/name_f] is a one-person name.

Personally, my very favorite option is your original. [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Coral[/name_f] are great. Mixing and matching, I like the idea of [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Xanthipe[/name_f] and [name_f]Coral[/name_f], or maybe [name_f]Angelica[/name_f] and [name_f]Susannah[/name_f].

Personally I’d mix and match to get [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u].

Matilda IMO is too close to [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] and I don’t really like siblings to share initials. I feel like [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] just go the best with [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] and they’re also my favorite out of the bunch. [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] would also go nicely with [name_f]Georgia[/name_f].

I also don’t mind your [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Coral[/name_f]. Maybe try [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] or my favorite, [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_u]June[/name_u]/Juno!

I love [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]! However, I think that [name_f]Xanthipe[/name_f] is just a little much. [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u] is stunning, but [name_u]Matty[/name_u] might sound a bit close to [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]. One of the nicest people I know is [name_f]Aretha[/name_f], and [name_f]Angelica[/name_f] [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u] is amazing, so [name_f]Aretha[/name_f] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] and [name_f]Angelica[/name_f] [name_f]Una[/name_f] is probably my favorite!