Twin girls name help please

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] berries! I could really use some ideas, opinions, etc. Our twin girls are due at the end of [name_u]October[/name_u] and we are still stuck on names!

We would like to use Nordic/Scandinavian names, or names with that vibe (my mom grew up in Norway, my dad is [name_m]Danish[/name_m] and my husband has Swedish heritage).

Our list so far….what combos do you like and do you have any suggestions of names to add to our list?

[name_f]Svea[/name_f]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Sonja[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsa[/name_f]
Anja/Anya
Solveig/Solvei (soul-vay)
[name_f]Kajsa[/name_f] (kai-suh)
[name_f]Tove[/name_f] (toe-vuh)
[name_f]Lena[/name_f]
[name_f]Freyja[/name_f] (our neighbor’s dog is named [name_f]Freya[/name_f], so probably will be taking off list)

I think I would go with [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] and [name_f]Solveig[/name_f]. They sound so beautiful together.

2 Likes

i’d choose astrid lucia & lena solvej 🫶🏻🪴

1 Like

[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] and [name_f]Sonja[/name_f]! [name_u]Love[/name_u] it! I think both these are about equally well known which I think is more important for twins than siblings.

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Lena[/name_f] and [name_f]Anya[/name_f]

1 Like

Good point! Thank you

[name_f]Svea[/name_f] and [name_f]Tove[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] and [name_f]Lena[/name_f]

I love your list! [name_f]My[/name_f] favourites (without just copying the whole list again lol) are [name_f]Astrid[/name_f], [name_f]Anja[/name_f], and [name_f]Kajsa[/name_f]. For twins I would go with [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Lena[/name_f] & [name_f]Kajsa[/name_f] [name_f]Tove[/name_f] or [name_f]Anja[/name_f] [name_f]Svea[/name_f] & [name_f]Kajsa[/name_f] [name_f]Tove[/name_f].
Some more suggestions are [name_f]Juni[/name_f] (YOO-nee), [name_f]Lise[/name_f] (LEE-seh), [name_f]Liv[/name_f] (LEEV), [name_f]Majken[/name_f] (MYE-kin), and [name_f]Signe[/name_f] or [name_f]Sine[/name_f] (SEE-neh). Using these in combination with your list, I would pick [name_f]Anja[/name_f] [name_f]Majken[/name_f] & [name_f]Kajsa[/name_f] [name_f]Juni[/name_f], [name_f]Juni[/name_f] [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] & [name_f]Anja[/name_f] [name_f]Lise[/name_f], or [name_f]Kajsa[/name_f] [name_f]Juni[/name_f] & [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Lise[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] choices would [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Svea[/name_f] and [name_f]Freyja[/name_f] [name_f]Tove[/name_f]. [name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] names! But if you don’t feel you can use [name_f]Freyja[/name_f] then I’d pick [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] & [name_f]Svea[/name_f] [name_f]Solveig[/name_f].

2 Likes

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Lena[/name_f] and [name_f]Sonja[/name_f] together or [name_f]Anja[/name_f] and [name_f]Tove[/name_f]!

1 Like

This might be a bit GP (guilty pleasure) but [name_f]Sunniva[/name_f] and [name_f]Solveig[/name_f] “Sunni and Sol” could be so cute!

3 Likes

Also [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] means “twinflower”…

[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] and [name_f]Solveig[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] and [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] and [name_f]Kaija[/name_f]

2 Likes

Out of your list, I would vote [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] and [name_f]Sonja[/name_f] <3

I would also add [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] (my mom’s name!) for consideration.

… Maybe [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] + [name_f]Sonja[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f].

But you can’t go wrong. Congrats!

2 Likes

It’s a pity about the neighbour’s dog, I love [name_f]Freyja[/name_f]! I would’ve gone with [name_f]Freyja[/name_f] and [name_f]Astrid[/name_f].

I like the suggestions of [name_f]Sunniva[/name_f] and [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]! They also sound sweet together as sisters.

Combos:

[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] [name_f]Tove[/name_f] & [name_f]Svea[/name_f] [name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] & [name_f]Kajsa[/name_f] [name_f]Solveig[/name_f]
[name_f]Solveig[/name_f] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] & [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Tove[/name_f]

And adding [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Solveig[/name_f] & [name_f]Sunniva[/name_f] [name_f]Astrid[/name_f].

1 Like

I lover nordic names!
[name_f]My[/name_f] choice would be [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] & [name_f]Solveig[/name_f]

1 Like

I would choose [name_f]Sonja[/name_f] and [name_f]Kajsa[/name_f] !

1 Like

Congrats on your twins!

From your list I would go [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Lena[/name_f] & [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Tove[/name_f] I absolutely love the idea of [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] & [name_f]Anya[/name_f] as a twin pairing both names are elegant, spunky and bright.

[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] is such a stunning name really timeless with the fantastic meaning ‘divinely beautiful’ and I think [name_f]Lena[/name_f] makes a great middle name. The whole combination is so sparky and beautiful.

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] is another lovely choice feels like a perfect pairing for [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] she’s timeless and has the wonderful meaning ‘grace’ and is beautiful with [name_f]Astrid[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Tove[/name_f] is a great middle name for [name_f]Anya[/name_f] I love the whole name translates as ‘beautiful grace’ so pretty.

So yep I would have [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Lena[/name_f] & [name_f]Anya[/name_f] [name_f]Tove[/name_f] :sparkles:

3 Likes

[name_f]Svea[/name_f] and [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] (LOVE IT).

[name_f]Elsa[/name_f] and Anja/Anya (I’m a frozen fan so love this combo!).

[name_f]Kajsa[/name_f] and [name_f]Lena[/name_f].

[name_f]Tove[/name_f] and [name_f]Freyja[/name_f].

Solveig/Solvei and [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] (tbh to me [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] gives more of an italian vibe but that might be the lucia’s i know! Also I’m assuming its pronounced loo-sia, also for some reason Solveig/Solvei reminds me of germany! like northern germany maybe, that’s the only reason its down here, otherwise it would be at the top!)

1 Like

YES I SECOND THIS!

apparently its an unclear sentence lol

1 Like

out of your suggestion, i would do [name_f]Anja[/name_f] [name_f]Majken[/name_f] and [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Lise[/name_f]!

2 Likes