Twin girls need names that jibe with their big sister!

See the results of this poll: Evangelina, Juliana, and…

Respondents: 49 (This poll is closed)

• Isabelle: 6 (12%)
  • Francesca: 26 (53%)
  • Gabriella : 9 (18%)
  • Emilia: 5 (10%)
  • Something else…: 3 (6%)

I voted for [name]Gabriella[/name] because I think it sounds ultra-feminine and therefore matches the sound and style of your other girls’ names. The nickname works well will with [name]Evie[/name] and [name]Ana[/name] as well, although having fully read your most, i think [name]Emme[/name] sounds really good too.

I need help with the pronunciation of [name]Francesca[/name] - particularly the c in the middle - i’ve seen that name a lot, but have not been sure how to say it. I know a Franchelsa, and always want to say that instead.

My pick is [name]Francesca[/name] because I think it’s most compatible in style, feel, and popularity with her sisters. Also, like [name]Juliana[/name], it’s a feminization of a male name that’s been around so long it no longer feels tied to the original. Mostly, though, I think it’s a little more unusual AND more classic than either [name]Isabelle[/name] or [name]Gabriella[/name].

I do think there are many other choices you might consider that would make a compatible match. If you want to stick with the ultrafeminine, gently old-fashioned theme, you might consider:

[name]CLEMENTINA[/name]
[name]ADRIANA[/name]
[name]ARABELLA[/name]
[name]ANTONIA[/name]
[name]ANASTASIA[/name]
[name]AURORA[/name]
[name]CORDELIA[/name]
[name]CELESTINA[/name]
[name]ISADORA[/name]
[name]MAGDALENA[/name]
[name]RAMONA[/name]
[name]ROSALIND[/name]
[name]SUSANNAH[/name]
[name]FELICITY[/name]
[name]RAPHAELA[/name]

[name]Evangelina[/name], [name]Juliana[/name] and [name]Francesca[/name] seem like a perfect sibset to me. [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Gabriella[/name] have become very popular and don’t flow as well with your other girls. My favorite nn for [name]Francesca[/name] is [name]Frankie[/name]… which is further from [name]Fran[/name], imo. [name]Evie[/name], [name]Ana[/name] and [name]Frankie[/name]. For middle names, I would go with short and cute names like [name]Evangelina[/name]'s [name]Kate[/name]: [name]Day[/name], [name]June[/name], [name]Jane[/name], [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Dove[/name], [name]May[/name], [name]Rose[/name], [name]Grace[/name], [name]Claire[/name], [name]Belle[/name]…

Thanks! I love [name]Gabriella[/name]- it’s sweet and pretty and feminine- but I worry if it was more trendy than classic? I used to despise the nickname [name]Gaby[/name]- it reminded me of a chatty annoying aunt (how weird is that? :)) but now I think it’s adorable.

I pronounce [name]Francesca[/name] with a short A and a CH sound, frahn-chesca. With this one, I love, love, love the full name, but am not completely enamored with the nickname [name]Francie[/name]. I like it a lot, but it isn’t my absolute favorite.

Gosh. My favorite is [name]Isabelle[/name], and I say I don’t care about the popularity, but I kind of do…

Thanks again for your input though! I love the feedback.

Wow, great list, thanks! My favorites are [name]Adriana[/name] and [name]Anastasia[/name], but since we’re already set on [name]Juliana[/name] (and calling her [name]Ani[/name] or [name]Ana[/name]), I think they may- unfortunately- be too similar. I do like [name]Isadora[/name] and have considered it as an alternative to [name]Isabelle[/name]… but I still prefer [name]Isabelle[/name]! If only she were born ten years ago to start the trend rather than follow it. :wink: Thanks for your input.

OH, I voted for [name]Francesca[/name]…I’d like to vote for it 100 more times if I could :wink:

I agree with you that this set sounds the nicest together. I just wish I loved the nicknames for [name]Francesca[/name] as much as I love the full name.

And great list for middle names! [name]Claire[/name] is a long time favorite, and [name]Belle[/name] may just help me to compromise on my love of [name]Isabelle[/name]. :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: Are you as enthusiastic about the nicknames? That’s my only hang up!

:slight_smile: Are you as enthusiastic about the nicknames? That’s my only hang up![/quote]

I do see ya there…I would go with nn [name]Frankie[/name]…I picture a freckled little girl with wispy bangs and long brunette braids. She’s wearing a jean skirt, but it has grass stains on it because she loves dressing like all girly but just can’t seem to stop playing football with the boys too. And her mom always makes her wear shorts under her skirts :wink: She sounds like a girl I’d like to be friends with :slight_smile:

PS - I think [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] sounds lovely!

I also [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Pam[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Cordelia[/name] nn [name]Cora[/name] or [name]Delia[/name] or [name]Cori[/name] (my personal fav is [name]Cora[/name])

What about [name]Seraphina[/name]? I like it a lot, but is it a little more out there than [name]Evangelina[/name] and [name]Juliana[/name]?

I think [name]Seraphina[/name] is beautiful with your other names. I would add something simple in the middle [name]Seraphina[/name] [name]Claire[/name]. Good luck! You have many beautiful choices.

mmm…I don’t think I like [name]Seraphina[/name] with [name]Evangelina[/name]. Its a little too rhymey for me. And its seems overly angelic, too. It could just be me, though.

[name]Francesca[/name] fits in there perfectly for me. It has the same exotic elegance that [name]Evangelina[/name] and [name]Julianna[/name] have. [name]Emilia[/name] would be my second pic. [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Gabriella[/name], while pretty, feel overdone and bland next to the other two.

I know 2 Francescas who go by Cesca / Cess ([name]Chess[/name]). [name]Just[/name] thought I’d throw that out there for you :slight_smile:

I would vote [name]Francesca[/name] but I agree the nn’s aren’t the best. [name]Isabelle[/name] and [name]Gabriella[/name], since they’re more mainstream than the classic and underused [name]Evangelina[/name] and [name]Juliana[/name], seem to me like you had to find a name that fit the pattern rather than being a name that you really loved. I think if I were [name]Gaby[/name] I would feel short changed against my sisters.

[name]Evangelina[/name] ([name]Evie[/name])
[name]Juliana[/name] ([name]Ana[/name], [name]Ani[/name])

[name]Cordelia[/name] ([name]Della[/name], [name]Cora[/name])
[name]Felicia[/name] (again, not sure on nn’s)
[name]Eleanora[/name] ([name]Nora[/name]–[name]Ellie[/name] may be too close to [name]Evie[/name])
[name]Antonina[/name] ([name]Nina[/name]–probably same problem with [name]Anastasia[/name] where it’s too close to [name]Ana[/name]'s nn)
[name]Amelia[/name] ([name]Mia[/name])
[name]Natalia[/name] ([name]Lia[/name])
[name]Rosalina[/name] ([name]Rosie[/name])

Good luck!

:slight_smile: Are you as enthusiastic about the nicknames? That’s my only hang up![/quote]

I do see ya there…I would go with nn [name]Frankie[/name]…I picture a freckled little girl with wispy bangs and long brunette braids. She’s wearing a jean skirt, but it has grass stains on it because she loves dressing like all girly but just can’t seem to stop playing football with the boys too. And her mom always makes her wear shorts under her skirts :wink: She sounds like a girl I’d like to be friends with :)[/quote]

This made me cry-- crazy hormones. :slight_smile: But while the little girl sounds adorable, I have bad associations with [name]Frankie[/name]. [name]Francesca[/name] will either be [name]Francie[/name] or Cesca. Or [name]Isabelle[/name]. :wink:

oh gosh, girls… i just realized, if we ever have a boy, I’ll be completely lost! My favorite boy names are/were [name]Francis[/name] ([name]Finn[/name]) and [name]Julian[/name]. I know my family would roll their eyes at me for worrying about this NOW- months before we’ve even had our daughters- but I know my fellow nameberryites will understand. :slight_smile: Seriously, what are some boys names that fit in with this style? I like [name]Alexander[/name], but it seems very generic next to the girls.

I do see ya there…I would go with nn [name]Frankie[/name]…I picture a freckled little girl with wispy bangs and long brunette braids. She’s wearing a jean skirt, but it has grass stains on it because she loves dressing like all girly but just can’t seem to stop playing football with the boys too. And her mom always makes her wear shorts under her skirts :wink: She sounds like a girl I’d like to be friends with :)[/quote]

This made me cry-- crazy hormones. :slight_smile: But while the little girl sounds adorable, I have bad associations with [name]Frankie[/name]. [name]Francesca[/name] will either be [name]Francie[/name] or Cesca. Or [name]Isabelle[/name]. ;)[/quote]

Oh man…Didn’t mean to make you cry! For the record…I [name]LOVE[/name] Cesca. So exotic and fun!

Boys, huh? hmm…

[name]Evangelina[/name], [name]Juliana[/name], [name]Francesca[/name] (Or [name]Isabella[/name]), and…

[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Thaddeus[/name]
[name]August[/name] ([name]Augustus[/name])
[name]Claudius[/name]
[name]Maximus[/name]
[name]Ezekiel[/name]
[name]Llewellyn[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name] (a nameberry fav :slight_smile: )
[name]Leopold[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Clemente[/name]
[name]Luciano[/name]
[name]Massimo[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]