Twin girls need names that jibe with their big sister!

Thanks! I know I’m crazy for worrying about this, but I like approximately one boy name to every hundred girl names, so I’m paranoid that if and when we decide to have one more child, and if that hypothetical child is a boy, I might have ruined all the boy names I like even a little bit by having them be incompatible with my daughters’ names. :slight_smile: On the other hand, should we be blessed with only three children, can I live with myself having chosen second favorites for our girls? No! No no no, I cannot!

I like [name]Maximus[/name]. [name]Max[/name]- in some form ([name]Maxwell[/name]? [name]Maximo[/name]?)- is on my short list of boy names. I also love [name]Jack[/name], despite its immense popularity (globally) and the fact that it is already a nickname when my pattern is longer names with cute nicknames. Is [name]Elijah[/name] ([name]Eli[/name]) too close to [name]Evangelina[/name] ([name]Evie[/name])? That’s another favorite. And I adore [name]Oliver[/name], but wouldn’t necessarily want to use nickname [name]Ollie[/name]. Can I have three children with long names/nicknames and one without? Should I be medicated for OCD? Oh the questions. :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]Isabelle[/name] athough [name]Isabella[/name] would go better with your other girls’ names. I’ve always loved the name [name]Bella[/name] and had a couple girls with that name when I worked in a preschool. They were both absolutely precious! Very well behaved and very smart! Not to mention gorgeous! :slight_smile:

Thanks! I know I’m crazy for worrying about this, but I like approximately one boy name to every hundred girl names, so I’m paranoid that if and when we decide to have one more child, and if that hypothetical child is a boy, I might have ruined all the boy names I like even a little bit by having them be incompatible with my daughters’ names. :slight_smile: On the other hand, should we be blessed with only three children, can I live with myself having chosen second favorites for our girls? No! No no no, I cannot!

I like [name]Maximus[/name]. [name]Max[/name]- in some form ([name]Maxwell[/name]? [name]Maximo[/name]?)- is on my short list of boy names. I also love [name]Jack[/name], despite its immense popularity (globally) and the fact that it is already a nickname when my pattern is longer names with cute nicknames. Is [name]Elijah[/name] ([name]Eli[/name]) too close to [name]Evangelina[/name] ([name]Evie[/name])? That’s another favorite. And I adore [name]Oliver[/name], but wouldn’t necessarily want to use nickname [name]Ollie[/name]. Can I have three children with long names/nicknames and one without? Should I be medicated for OCD? Oh the questions. :-)[/quote]

LOL…you make me laugh! If you need medication, than SO do I! :slight_smile: I’m married, but we don’t have any children and aren’t planning to do so for a few years…but here I am, obsessing :slight_smile: My latest freak out is worrying about who is going to steal “our” names. I have two friends due before the end of the year and I’m terrified they’re going to “steal” a name I have already placed on our “not so short list”. I have not discussed names with anyone but my husband (and you lovely ladies) so no one has a clue what “our” names are…I’m just being paranoid. I hope I made you feel a bit better :slight_smile:

For the current situation, I would choose your favorite girl name. Your taste in boy names could definitley change before you would choose to have another child. Then you’ll be stuck with the regret that you chose a secondary name for no reason.

I think [name]Elijah[/name] and [name]Evangelina[/name] are not too close and I think [name]Elijah[/name] is cute in the mix of your other girls. I think you can get away with a name with fewer letters, but I would stay away from a one syllable (maybe even a two syllable) name. That child might fell…short changed?

I love [name]Oliver[/name], I’m just not sure that its different enough to fit with your other names. Its really getting up there in popularity.

I think I answered most the questions :slight_smile:

PS - these are all merely MY thoughts…please feel free to disregard anything that sounds like rubish :slight_smile:

Your names are so pretty! I voted for [name]Emilia[/name] on your poll, though I do really like [name]Isabelle[/name]. Here are some more you may like:

[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Valentina[/name]
[name]Marilla[/name]
[name]Eulalie[/name]/[name]Eulalie[/name]
[name]Corinna[/name]
[name]Arcelia[/name]
[name]Camellia[/name]
[name]Melisande[/name]
[name]Alessandra[/name]
[name]Luciana[/name]
[name]Violetta[/name]
[name]Mariposa[/name]
[name]Calandra[/name]
[name]Viviana[/name]

[name]Do[/name] you like [name]Mirabelle[/name] as an alternative to [name]Isabelle[/name]?

I like [name]Maximus[/name]. [name]Max[/name]- in some form ([name]Maxwell[/name]? [name]Maximo[/name]?)- is on my short list of boy names. I also love [name]Jack[/name], despite its immense popularity (globally) and the fact that it is already a nickname when my pattern is longer names with cute nicknames. Is [name]Elijah[/name] ([name]Eli[/name]) too close to [name]Evangelina[/name] ([name]Evie[/name])? That’s another favorite. And I adore [name]Oliver[/name], but wouldn’t necessarily want to use nickname [name]Ollie[/name]. Can I have three children with long names/nicknames and one without? Should I be medicated for OCD? Oh the questions. :-)[/quote]

LOL…you make me laugh! If you need medication, than SO do I! :slight_smile: I’m married, but we don’t have any children and aren’t planning to do so for a few years…but here I am, obsessing :slight_smile: My latest freak out is worrying about who is going to steal “our” names. I have two friends due before the end of the year and I’m terrified they’re going to “steal” a name I have already placed on our “not so short list”. I have not discussed names with anyone but my husband (and you lovely ladies) so no one has a clue what “our” names are…I’m just being paranoid. I hope I made you feel a bit better :slight_smile:

For the current situation, I would choose your favorite girl name. Your taste in boy names could definitley change before you would choose to have another child. Then you’ll be stuck with the regret that you chose a secondary name for no reason.

I think [name]Elijah[/name] and [name]Evangelina[/name] are not too close and I think [name]Elijah[/name] is cute in the mix of your other girls. I think you can get away with a name with fewer letters, but I would stay away from a one syllable (maybe even a two syllable) name. That child might fell…short changed?

I love [name]Oliver[/name], I’m just not sure that its different enough to fit with your other names. Its really getting up there in popularity.

I think I answered most the questions :slight_smile:

PS - these are all merely MY thoughts…please feel free to disregard anything that sounds like rubish :)[/quote]

Yes, I feel better here… crazy/obsessed loves company? :wink: I have the same worries about people “stealing” our names. It almost makes me want to rush to finish having our babies so we can get all of our names in. Maybe [name]Xavier[/name] for a boy. It sort of sounds like xanax, which I know I sound like I need after all of this crazy talk.

I guess I’m going to go with my girl favorites and save my boy name panic for when/if we ever expect a boy, but [name]Elijah[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] will be on the table. I know [name]Oliver[/name] is gaining in popularity here, but I don’t mind a top 100 name… as long as it’s not like top 20. Are you in the UK?

Thanks! These are really pretty options, too. I do like [name]Mirabelle[/name], and it’s definitely not as popular which is a plus, but I just don’t want to let go of [name]Isabelle[/name]. :slight_smile: Though, it looks like we probably will, at least for these babies.

I really like [name]Xavier[/name]! Are you pronouncing it Zayvier or Xzayvier…or maybe something else?

I actually live in the US. In a small (very small) midwestern town. [name]Born[/name] and raised :slight_smile:
You’re in the UK?

[name]Francesca[/name] all the way!! I wouldn’t worry about [name]Fran[/name] or [name]Frannie[/name] being the nn’s. [name]Francie[/name] and [name]Frankie[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] IT) would most likely be it.
I also love [name]Anastasia[/name] as suggested by [name]Pam[/name] and there are other nn’s besides [name]Ani[/name]. [name]Stacy[/name], [name]Stasia[/name], and thanks to [name]Susan[/name] for pointing it out [name]Tansy[/name] :slight_smile: . [name]Tansy[/name] has a [name]Francie[/name] feel to it.

[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Kate[/name] is beautiful!!

[name]Juliana[/name] and [name]Gabriella[/name]

I like [name]Gabriella[/name] because it is not too popular and the nn I would use is [name]Ella[/name] which I love not [name]Gaby[/name].

[name]Gabriella[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] I love this combo.

[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Eve[/name] and sister [name]Gabriella[/name] [name]Lucy[/name]

[name]Ana[/name] and [name]Ella[/name] ([name]Just[/name] remembered I know twins with these names)

I would love twins with these names

I think that [name]Francesca[/name] is frilly and pretty but I do not like the nn’s at all as they are too unfeminine, so it is off my list.

[name]Emilia[/name] is beautiful but I would not use another E name.

I voted for [name]Francesca[/name], too. :slight_smile: I just love it with [name]Evangelina[/name] and [name]Juliana[/name]! :slight_smile:

I saw that you wanted some middle names for [name]Juliana[/name]:

[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Fleur[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Mireille[/name] (meer-AY)
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] (although that sounds like [name]Julie[/name] on a pearl when I say it out loud) :slight_smile:
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Simone[/name]

[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Simone[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

I’d go with at least slightly unusual/exotic or romatic boys’ names with [name]Evangelina[/name], [name]Juliana[/name], and [name]Francesca[/name]:

[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Cassius[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Dante[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name] (nn [name]Finn[/name], instead of using [name]Francis[/name])
[name]Roman[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] (not so exotic, but I can see a [name]Theo[/name] in the mix) :slight_smile:
[name]Truman[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Willem[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]

I thought I’d add that I’d personally stay away from the name [name]Maximus[/name], due to the gluteus maximus muscle and its association with the buttocks. :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

OMG! I NEVER thought of that! Good Catch, [name]Jill[/name]! That would be just awful for a child growing up! Whew!

That’s what I think, too, Ricette (that’s your new name for the day, [name]Rica[/name]) :-), but [name]Maximus[/name] is ranked #258 in popularity! It doesn’t bother everyone, obviously, but I still think it’s something to consider.

I remember sitting in science class as a child and looking at the diagram of the glueus maximus, seeing the bottom region highlighted. I can’t imagine kids not linking the anatomy to the name!

:slight_smile:

Ricette…That’s kinda fun! :slight_smile: I got the “ricamaca” nickname in High School…its been almost 10 years with that as my nn for everything…Ricette’s a fun change!

Once you pointed out that unfortunate link I can’t stop thinking about it. The poor child who has to endure science class with that name.

My niece is name [name]Caterina[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] and she goes by [name]Frankie[/name]. She is 7 now and has [name]LONG[/name] blond hair. It fits her perfectly. My other niece is [name]Josephine[/name] and is “[name]Josie[/name]”

[name]Josephine[/name] would work with your names as well, it is a classic name and there are many nick names for it “[name]Joie[/name] ([name]Joey[/name])” [name]Josie[/name]" “[name]Jojo[/name]”

I love [name]Evangelina[/name] and the NN “[name]Evie[/name]”
[name]Evangeline[/name] was a name on my [name]Baby[/name] list and i was going to use the NN “[name]Evie[/name]” but daddy vetoed it. But I got to use it as a MN…

[name]Addison[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name].

Enjoy your new bundles of joy!

I still love [name]Isabella[/name] or [name]Isabelle[/name]. They are beautiful names. Either would go well with your sister names. I wouldn’t worry about the popularity either. If you love [name]Isabelle[/name], then claim it. A lot of children truly appreciate having a popular name that is well loved and fits in with their peers. I personally look at a popular name as a good thing.

i love francesca it is one of my favourites:)