Twin girls, Shae and Sable?

We’re leaning towards naming our girls [name]Shae[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Sable[/name] [name]Blake[/name]. What do you think?

I like [name]Shea[/name], but I would prefer it spelled [name]Shea[/name] because it looks cleaner. [name]Sable[/name] is a nice looking/sounding name, but it sort of doesn’t have an identity to me. I’m confused by the name. My first thought is that it’s the name of a type of car - [name]Mercury[/name] [name]Sable[/name] - which is an economy car, so not the best image. And acc to Wikipedia, the sable is a cute, furry little animal that Russian people kill for their fur: Sable - Wikipedia. So. It sounds nice, but it may not the best option in terms of meaning.

What about [name]Sage[/name], [name]Sadie[/name], [name]Sailor[/name], [name]Sawyer[/name], [name]Sahara[/name], [name]Sequoyah[/name]/[name]Sequoia[/name]?

I love both names individually. But together, the sounds are too close together. I hear [name]Shay[/name]/[name]Say[/name] or [name]Say[/name]/[name]Shay[/name] and after saying them together a couple of times, I get them mushed together as “Shaeble” or “[name]Sashay[/name]” - but my brain’s weird like that. :slight_smile:

[name]Shae[/name] (or [name]Shea[/name]) and [name]Sable[/name] seem like an odd twinset. [name]Shea[/name] is very unisex and seems like a tomboy name. [name]Sable[/name] sounds very luxurious and exotic. Twin names shouldn’t be matchy but I think they should be similar in style (for example - [name]Shea[/name] and [name]Quinn[/name]).

I actually think it’s a pretty cute pair, they both feel rather unisex to me but I do agree with jadesai, saying them together gets confusing. And I think I would pair [name]Sable[/name] with a more feminine middle name, [name]Blake[/name] is pretty masculine especially when compared to the feminine classic [name]Audrey[/name].