Twin Girls! Violet and Daisy?

I’m having twin girls! And I’m really fixated on flower names. :slight_smile:

[name]Violet[/name] is my favorite. [name]Daisy[/name] is #2. We also like [name]Lily[/name].

Our last name is very English and exotic names just don’t sound good with it.

Any ideas here, or do you like the combo of [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Daisy[/name]?

I should mention that our entire family has red hair. So we are 99.99% sure the twins will have red hair too. :slight_smile: People have suggested [name]Poppy[/name] because it’s a “redhead” name but we really do not like [name]Poppy[/name] at all. :frowning: Sorry.

The only other name I like is [name]Ruby[/name]. But I’d prefer to stick with a theme.

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

To be frank, I find it quite it quite twee. I think two florals is fine, but [name]Daisy[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] is a pretty heavy and obvious. [name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] is less so (I know you said you don’t like [name]Poppy[/name], I’m just using it as an example). With that said, they are both lovely names, and if they’re ‘it’ - then go for it!!!

Other ideasL
[name]Daisy[/name] and [name]Calla[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Iris[/name] and [name]Flora[/name]

I think [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Daisy[/name] are cute.

Other ideas:
[name]Violet[/name] and [name]Scarlet[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] and [name]Holly[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] and [name]Sapphire[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] and [name]Rosie[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] and [name]Ivorie[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] and [name]Indigo[/name]

All the best:)

I think [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Daisy[/name] are cute. I mean [name]Violet[/name] isn’t just a flower - it’s also a color.

I like [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Daisy[/name], with [name]Daisy[/name] being my favorite! Another flower name that I love is [name]Dahlia[/name].
I’m an identical twin. Our names don’t ‘match’ but I wish they did! :wink:

[name]Violet[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] are both colors but the theme isn’t quite as heavy. I’d personally prefer that.

To be honest, I think it’s a bit much to name both girls flower names. But that’s just me… I love [name]Violet[/name]. [name]Daisy[/name] is alright.

Thank you!

I agree that naming both girls flowers names is a too cutesy. I think you could name one [name]Violet[/name] and pick another nature name.
What about…
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Clove[/name]
[name]Rainey[/name]

I like [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Daisy[/name] if you want a very obvious twin-name set. Like you, I prefer [name]Violet[/name]. There’s just something about that name. Here are my suggestions:
[name]Violet[/name] & [name]Jasmine[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] & [name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] & [name]Lila[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] & [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] & [name]Camelia[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] & [name]Calla[/name]

:slight_smile:

Yes, it’s a bit twee, but most likely these sisters will grow up and have separate lives much of the time. [name]Both[/name] [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Daisy[/name] are lovely names. I too prefer [name]Violet[/name]. Would you consider using [name]Daisy[/name] as a middle name for one of the twins?

[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Daisy[/name] (nn [name]Zuzu[/name], which is spunky and has the U-sound of [name]Ruby[/name])
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Roisin[/name] ("[name]Ro[/name]-[name]SHEEN[/name]" - Irish, means “little rose” - flowery but not obviously so, works for a redhead)

Agree it’s a bit too matchy matchy for my taste. If you like [name]Lily[/name], what about [name]Lillian[/name] instead? Bloth classic names, both have the flower feel to them without being too over the top.

They’re cute on their own. But I don’t like giving twins “matchy” names. So giving them both flower names is too for me.

Plus, there is also a movie called [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Daisy[/name] about two teen assassins.

I think if you want an obvious theme, [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Daisy[/name] would be an ideal choice. [name]Violet[/name] is also a color name and [name]Daisy[/name] is also a literary name (The Great [name]Gatsby[/name]). I personally love [name]Daisy[/name] but it was vetoed by DH because he couldn’t picture it on a woman. I argued that [name]Daisy[/name] was an adult in the book but it didn’t work. You might run into the same problem but since we are from different countries, maybe not! If [name]Daisy[/name] doesn’t work in your favor I’d go with [name]Lily[/name] or [name]Calla[/name]. [name]Daisy[/name] is my all time favorite though!!

I think [name]Lily[/name] ages better than [name]Daisy[/name]. [name]Violet[/name] is one of my favorite names, and [name]Ruby[/name] too!

I’ll be in the minority and say that I [name]LOVE[/name] matchy names for twins! Yes, the theme is obvious. That’s the point… At least they don’t rhyme! Anyway, violet and daisy are very nice, however I feel like violet is a lot more serious than daisy. If it were me, I would probably do two “more serious” sounding florals (is there really such a thing?) like [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Rose[/name] OR two “more carefree” florals like [name]Daisy[/name] and [name]Poppy[/name]. FYI, if we ever had twin girls, they would also have nature themed “matchy” names. :wink:

Totally agree with all these posters points - [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Daisy[/name] don’t match well, but I don’t think [name]Daisy[/name] ages well either, I think you’d be doing your daughter a disservice… I can’t see a [name]Daisy[/name] getting as much serious consideration for a job for instance as management, as someone else would. [name]Daisy[/name] would be seen as possibly fluffy and air-brained!

I do [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] however, I think they match very well.

I find that to be cheesy and uncreative, tbh. :confused:

If you like [name]Lily[/name], then agree with the PP of going with [name]Lillian[/name], or [name]Lilia[/name], [name]Liliana[/name]. [name]Lila[/name] is a nature name meaning [name]Lilac[/name].

I think it looks a little tacky, to be honest. I think if you are going to do a theme, the names either need to be very uncommon or more subtle.

What about [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Clover[/name]? I think they are adorable together…they match in that they are both flower names but it is a bit more creative than [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Daisy[/name]. PLus I love that they both contain the letters to spell [name]LOVE[/name]…such a sweet and subtle twin connection!