twin girls

I’m expecting twin girls this spring but my husband and I need some help with names!
These are the three combos that we both like so far:
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] & [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] & [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] & [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f]

As you can see, two of the names are inspired by Russian royalty and [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] is my best friend’s middle name. We can’t really choose which ones though because we both love all of these three names so much! Which one is your favorite combo? We are still open for more name combos as well, we like classic, elegant and long names!
emilie

[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] and [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] is my favourite set!

[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] and [name_f]Evelina[/name_f]
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] and Emmelina
[name_f]Adelina[/name_f] and [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] and [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f] and [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] and [name_f]Emiliana[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] & [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] best :slight_smile:

[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] & [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] is my favorite combo! It sounds very cosmopolitan and both names are slight unexpected. I also like [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] and & [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f].

[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] & [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] - beautiful!

[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] and [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] are just beautiful together!!

They are all beautiful! In the quest to help you narrow it down, with long names they often get shortened by the time of adulthood (at least where I live), so thinking of that, are there two favourites should they become [name_f]Annie[/name_f] for [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f], [name_u]Alex[/name_u] for [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f], and [name_f]Esme[/name_f] for [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]? Thinking of that I would choose [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] and [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]!

Thank you for all the answers! Now after reading everything, we will probably go with [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] and [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]. Yes, they will get nicknames since their names are so long, we have already settled for [name_f]Esme[/name_f] but are still thinking of a nn for [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] (my mom is called [name_f]Anne[/name_f] so therefore we think that [name_f]Annie[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Ana[/name_f] and [name_f]Anya[/name_f] are a bit too close, but thanks for the suggestion!). Again, a huge thank you!
emilie

[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] & [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f]

[name_m]Just[/name_m] going to point out that if you think [name_f]Ann[/name_f] names are too close as nicknames, I’d avoid the name. We don’t actually get control over the nicknames our children have. They themselves may say very young they want to go by particular nickname, or in school they may get called a particular nickname. It is hurtful to deny a child the nickname they want, it’s their identity. So if you are really so opposed to it I would just avoid it altogether. [name_f]Ann[/name_f] names are obviously going to come out of [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f], to me this looks like denying a [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] baby [name_u]Sam[/name_u] names, it’s unfair. People should have full access to get the nicknames from their names that make sense and they want.

Other than that, [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] is definitely my favourite from your list. Followed by [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f], but I think they are too matchy-matchy as sibling names, just my opinion though. I don’t like [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] but I do think [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] and [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] would make a nice sibset, I don’t think [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] and [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] really do as much.

• [name_f]Vera[/name_f]

[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] & [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] :slight_smile:

[name_f]Adelina[/name_f] and [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] is my favourite set! I love [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] and [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] but together they feel very Disney to me.

I love [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] & [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] so gorgeous!

That was a fair point [name_f]Vera[/name_f]! Something that I haven’t thought of at all actually, maybe because [name_f]Em[/name_f] has always been my nickname ever since I was little and I didn’t choose that myself (I love my nickname though). But you’re certainly right, maybe we need to rethink our decision? I have also heard a lot of [name_f]Stasia[/name_f]-, [name_m]Stassie[/name_m]- and [name_m]Stas[/name_m]-nicknames for [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] which I kind of like but as you said, I think it’s fair that she gets to decide herself.
emilie

Sorry if I sounded too harsh btw!! But it was just something I felt was important to bring up for the sake of the baby who gets the name. I do think [name_f]Ann[/name_f] nicknames are very pretty, [name_f]Annie[/name_f] is very cute, so if you could overcome your opposition to them, I would totally go for the name,but I still think if you can’t get over the possibility of her being called them, I would go for another name. I still think [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] and [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f] are a great combination and you won’t go wrong there!!

• [name_f]Vera[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] and [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]!!

What about [name_f]Tia[/name_f] as a nn? I really like the idea of [name_f]Anya[/name_f], it still sounds different enough to [name_f]Anne[/name_f].

[name_f]Anya[/name_f] & [name_f]Esme[/name_f] <3

I love the suggestion of [name_f]Anya[/name_f] and [name_f]Esme[/name_f]!

No you didn’t sound harsh [name_f]Vera[/name_f] and thank you all for the replies! After thinking about it, I kind of like [name_f]Anya[/name_f] and [name_f]Esme[/name_f] but I’m not 100% sure and it’s still up to them when they grow up to decide their nicknames, however I might end up calling them [name_f]Anya[/name_f] and [name_f]Esme[/name_f] when they’re babies and then if they don’t like the nn when they grow up they can decide themselves!
emilie

@emmm

I think [name_f]Anya[/name_f] & [name_f]Esme[/name_f] are really sweet nicknames! Loving it. :slight_smile:

I loooove [name_f]Anya[/name_f], goes beautifully with [name_f]Esme[/name_f]!