Twin Girls

Y’all. I need help.

I’m having twin girls. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I already decided on [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] & [name_f]Opal[/name_f]. All of a sudden he’s changing his mind on [name_f]Opal[/name_f].

So what goes with Ruby?? He doesn’t do old fashioned unless I correlate it with anime or a video game.

We have a [name_f]Korra[/name_f] already so I got to keep my old fashioned name with an anime spelling.

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is staying because we both love it and it’s from a few different shows we like.

I’m so torn. I wanted [name_f]Opal[/name_f] too.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Opal[/name_f] but what about… [name_f]Jade[/name_f]?

I love that too but korras middle name is [name_f]Jane[/name_f] so I thought it would sound weird. I call her [name_f]Korra[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] a lot.

Damn. Maybe…

[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Kaia[/name_f]
Peia
[name_f]Inez[/name_f]
[name_f]Aria[/name_f]
Maya/Maia
Rosa/Rose
[name_f]Ella[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f]

1 Like

Thank you. I’m going to throw some of these at him tomorrow. He really likes [name_f]Amaya[/name_f] but I wasn’t a huge fan. [name_f]Maya[/name_f] is close to that.

1 Like

Also just thought of

[name_f]Mila[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]

1 Like

That’s such a bummer! I hope you’ll fall in love with something else. I’d love to see a flower name paired with [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]. I don’t know much about anime or videogames, but maybe there’s a cool reference for one of them :upside_down_face:

With [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], I especially like:

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] (Ruby and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is sooo precious!)
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]
[name_f]Verbena[/name_f]

2 Likes

Ooooo I love the flower idea thank you!

2 Likes

I’m not great with this, but I’ll give it a go.

[name_u]Eren[/name_u]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_u]Nico[/name_u]
[name_f]Nami[/name_f]
[name_f]Riza[/name_f] → I think it would correlate with [name_u]Risa[/name_u]?
[name_f]Winry[/name_f]
Misa
[name_f]Lina[/name_f]
[name_f]Mira[/name_f] → There is an anime character Mirajane
Morgiana
Juvia
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f]
[name_f]Lara[/name_f]
[name_f]Jill[/name_f]
[name_m]Aran[/name_m]
[name_f]Ellie[/name_f]
[name_f]Tifa[/name_f]
[name_f]Alyx[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Sonya[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Joanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_f]Faith[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
Triss
[name_f]Cassie[/name_f]
[name_f]Miranda[/name_f]
[name_f]Aya[/name_f]
[name_f]Morrigan[/name_f]
[name_f]Mai[/name_f]
[name_f]Mona[/name_f]
[name_f]Liara[/name_f]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_f]April[/name_f]
[name_u]Ryan[/name_u] → maybe [name_u]Rhyan[/name_u]?

1 Like

I recognize some of these from games. I’ll tell him about these as well. Thank you :blush:

1 Like

What about Mei/May from Tottoro??

1 Like

Firstly congratulations :partying_face::partying_face:

I love [name_f]Opal[/name_f] it’s a shame that he’s gone off the name. [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] & [name_f]Opal[/name_f] would have been so sweet.

You’ve had a few suggestions so count any repeats as me being in agreement with the berries

So I’m not familiar with video games/anime but did a google search and these could be an idea apparently they are related to them
[name_f]Kira[/name_f] ~ [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] & [name_f]Kira[/name_f]
[name_f]Faye[/name_f] ~ [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] & [name_f]Faye[/name_f] :heart:
[name_f]Hana[/name_f] ~ [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] & [name_f]Hana[/name_f]
[name_f]Lina[/name_f] ~ [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] & [name_f]Lina[/name_f]
[name_f]Lara[/name_f] ~ [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] & [name_f]Lara[/name_f] :heart:
[name_f]Anya[/name_f] ~ [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] & [name_f]Anya[/name_f] :heart:
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] ~ [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] & [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] :heart:
[name_f]Zelda[/name_f] ~ [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] & [name_f]Zelda[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] ~ [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] & [name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] ~ [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] & [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Aveline[/name_f] ~ [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] & [name_f]Aveline[/name_f]
[name_f]Ellie[/name_f] ~ [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] & [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] ~ [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] & [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]

Hopefully this has helped and I’ve put this emoji :heart: after my favourites for you!

Good luck

1 Like

Thank you everyone!

I’m trying so hard to keep [name_f]Opal[/name_f].
So far I have

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Carolynn[/name_f] (our moms middle names combined)
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Amaya[/name_f]? (So he can keep an anime name for the middle)

[name_f]Do[/name_f] they flow? Honestly I don’t like [name_f]Carolynn[/name_f] but I want to honor our moms. Korras middle name is [name_f]Jane[/name_f], after my grandma who passed. So maybe keeping family names work. But I don’t have one for [name_f]Opal[/name_f].

I’m thinking if she hates her name she can use [name_f]Amaya[/name_f] but that’s not one of my faves. But it’s one of his.

I like [name_f]Korra[/name_f] with [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]. [name_f]Opal[/name_f] is nice too, but a bit themey to me.

Other ideas:
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Wendy[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Aria[/name_f]
[name_f]Wanda[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecelia[/name_f]

1 Like

I think both combos sound nice said aloud. I love [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and [name_f]Opal[/name_f] together too so that would be a nice solution if there is a middle name for [name_f]Opal[/name_f] that makes your husband like it. If you dont love [name_f]Carolynn[/name_f], could you use one or more of your moms’ first names instead of middle to make something you like better?

1 Like

What about [name_f]Esme[/name_f]?
[name_f]Korra[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and [name_f]Esme[/name_f] (Ez-may)

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] &…

[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_u]Florence[/name_u]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and…

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Amy[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Mila[/name_f]

1 Like

This might not be your type, but I’ve always LOVED the pair [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]. If I ever had 2 twin girls I would name them [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]. It’s pronounced like [name_f]Alice[/name_f] but with an E instead of an A and means “kind and benevolent.” [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] just sound so magical together and make a lovely pair alongside [name_f]Korra[/name_f]!

1 Like