Twin Name Help!

My husband and I are expecting twins and although we have to wait another week to confirm their genders we are pretty sure they are B/G twins. We have our girls name set with [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and have a favorite boys name but not sure if it’s too matchy-matchy. Our favorite boys name now is [name_m]Brody[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] (yes I know the initials aren’t great but [name_u]James[/name_u] is after my father and I don’t want to switch them). [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] and [name_m]Brody[/name_m] are too matchy? Also, our last name ends with an “n” so we are trying to avoid names ending in “n”. Any other suggestions to go with [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]?

Thank you!

Ooh… B/G twins is fun! Update us when you find out! :slight_smile:

I like the set. It’s not too matchy, but has the repetition of Bs and Y-ending. They are each great names in themselves too. I wouldn’t worry about the BJ thing, not many people will ever know his middle name and it has meaning that can’t be replaced.

Some other suggestions (love [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] BTW):

[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] & [name_m]Archer[/name_m]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] & [name_m]Abner[/name_m]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] & [name_m]Bryant[/name_m]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] & [name_m]Calloway[/name_m]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] & [name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] & [name_f]Garnet[/name_f]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] & [name_u]Hartley[/name_u]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] & [name_m]Huxley[/name_m]

Thank you! Last name starts with a D and is 3 syllables and is Irish (also a popular first name). :slight_smile:

[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] is pretty and more modern. [name_m]Brody[/name_m] is fine, but the BY ending is too matchy. If the middle is set on [name_u]James[/name_u], then don’t use a B boy name.
Suggestions:
[name_u]Niall[/name_u]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_u]Reed[/name_u]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]
[name_m]Teague[/name_m]
[name_u]Cody[/name_u]

I agree with most of the people above. [name_m]Brody[/name_m] is too matchy because BOTH the first and last letter and sound are the same. One or the other I think would sound and look a lot better. I don’t mind BJ so much…but yeah, I think the names shouldn’t be so similar.

Of what’s been suggested, I really like [name_u]Cody[/name_u], [name_u]Parker[/name_u], and [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m]. They all go well with [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] and [name_u]James[/name_u].

I agree with previous posters; I strongly recommend not using [name_m]Brody[/name_m] or another B name for the boy if you’re set on [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] for your daughter. One idea: the heavy L sound in [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] could coordinate well with a boys name that starts with an L or has the L sound as well. [name_u]James[/name_u] is a great middle name, and I’m pretty sure your last name is one of my favorite boys names =)

Here are some ideas:
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m]
[name_u]Tyler[/name_u]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Lincoln[/name_m]
[name_m]Patrick[/name_m]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_u]Kyle[/name_u]
[name_m]Cormac[/name_m]
[name_m]Landon[/name_m]
[name_m]Conrad[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]

I don’t think they are too matchy. Would [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] have a nickname? e.g., [name_f]Bella[/name_f] & [name_m]Brody[/name_m] is less matchy. There are also plenty of ppl with the initials BJ in their names, I wouldn’t worry about that. Unless it’s their nickname, people don’t usually go by their first and middle initial anyway, they go by first and last.

I do however love the idea of [name_m]Archer[/name_m] and [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] both of the names but I think [name_u]Grady[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] would be perfect! Super close to [name_m]Brody[/name_m], isn’t too matchy and doesn’t have the BJ initials.

Loving all the feedback! [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] would either be [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]/[name_f]Ella[/name_f] or [name_f]Emme[/name_f] for short (both after other relatives) and I think [name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is a super cute nn as well. :slight_smile: My husband is really set on the name [name_m]Brody[/name_m] but some others we like are [name_u]Carter[/name_u] and [name_u]Parker[/name_u] as mentioned, [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] (although becoming very popular) and [name_u]Carson[/name_u].

I agree that it’s a little matchy with the “B” beginnings and the “Y” endings–what about [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] and [name_m]Broderick[/name_m] nn [name_m]Brody[/name_m]? If you’re worried about the initials, you could always give them two MNs. Something like [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and [name_m]Broderick[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]?

I’m all for [name_m]Brody[/name_m], though, for what it’s worth–it’s a huge favorite of mine, and I do like [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] and [name_m]Brody[/name_m] together.

Good luck!

I think they’re too matchy.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] and:

[name_u]Tatum[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]

[name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the previous poster’s suggestion of [name_m]Broderick[/name_m]! Totally gets rid of the matchy name problem. They’d be [name_m]Broderick[/name_m] and [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] or [name_m]Brody[/name_m] and [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]/[name_f]Emme[/name_f]. The whole BJ problem is still there, which would probably bother me enough to rethink [name_m]Brody[/name_m], but at the same time it is rare that people even know each other’s middle names so it might be an avoidable teasing thing.

I immediately thought of [name_u]Grady[/name_u], as I see pp suggested. I feel [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] (love!) and [name_m]Brody[/name_m] are too “matchy” for twins. Twin names should flow stylistically, yet sound different. I suggest you change [name_m]Brody[/name_m] and keep [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u], since you seem really set one that one.
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] & [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] & [name_m]Cooper[/name_m]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] & [name_m]Ryder[/name_m]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] & [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] & [name_m]Garrett[/name_m]