Twin Name

Hi! So, I’m practicing character diversity in my stories and am writing two mystery stories, one named Synaesthesia with a nonbinary character named [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] Kadeyan and another, All The Words For Murder, with a genderfluid character, birth name [name_f]Renee[/name_f] [name_u]Elliott[/name_u]. This character has a twin, and this is the thing I’m struggling with. I’ll simply call the genderfluid character ‘R’ in this question. Anyway, R’s twin is a cis girl, and the name should obviously fit well with ‘[name_f]Renee[/name_f]’. ‘E’ names are 100% out of the question because I am not having a character named something silly like ‘[name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_u]Elliott[/name_u]’.

Character Description (going to call R’s twin ‘X’ for the purpose of this): X is fourteen years old (the story is set in 2020, though this whole pandemic thing never happened in the story-world) and has long blonde hair and brown eyes. X is extremely… defensive?.. of her sibling, and when R is misgendered then X is very quick to correct the person who did it. X is also fairly extroverted and enjoys creative subjects in school as well as creative activities outside it. Anyway, X can be impulsive and rushes into things head-on a little too often for anyone’s liking. She can also be fairly aggressive at times.

Hope that helps you! Sorry if the letters are confusing, by the way.

1 Like

I find a helpful way to find similar names is to look at ones that have the same amount of syllables and/or that come from the same language. Thinking of that, what about:

French & 2 syllables:
[name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_f]Odette[/name_f]
[name_u]Julie[/name_u]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_u]Camille[/name_u]
[name_f]Lucille[/name_f]
[name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]/Margaux

Just [name_u]French[/name_u]:
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_u]Clare[/name_u]
[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Melanie[/name_f]
[name_f]Melodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelie[/name_f]

Just 2 syllables:
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Liza[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Rachel[/name_f]
[name_f]Jada[/name_f]
[name_u]Willow[/name_u]

1 Like

For some reason the name [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] jumped right out at me. [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] & [name_f]Renee[/name_f] sound good together. Or perhaps something like [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] or [name_u]Louise[/name_u]?

Some other suggestions:

Michelle & [name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_u]Holly[/name_u] & [name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicole[/name_f] & [name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_f]Jessica[/name_f] & [name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] & [name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_f]Amber[/name_f] & [name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] & [name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_u]Ariel[/name_u] & [name_f]Renee[/name_f]

1 Like