Twin Names Spiraling out of Control

I was all set on [name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Natalia[/name] [name]Cecile[/name] and then I started second guessing it.

For a while I was thinking I would replace [name]Natalia[/name] but I felt stuck, so then I rethought it and experimented with replacing [name]Sylvie[/name]. It’s a weird feeling because I thought I was settled on that one.

What do you think? [name]How[/name] great is [name]Sylvie[/name]?

My little girl is [name]Eva[/name] [name]Simone[/name], so if I have an [name]Eva[/name] and a [name]Sylvie[/name], what would the second twin be? Would the name end in A? PLEASE SUGGEST!

Now I am thinking:

[name]CAROLINA[/name] [name]ESTELLA[/name] (that is [name]CaroLEEna[/name], Spanish pronunciation not like the states)
or
[name]CECILIA[/name] [name]ESTELLE[/name]
and
[name]NATALIA[/name] [name]CECILE[/name] (or some other middle name if I use [name]Cecilia[/name])

[name]SYLVIA[/name] is also possible but I really prefer [name]SYLVIE[/name].

Which is better as a [name]Cecilia[/name] variant? [name]Cecilia[/name], [name]Cecile[/name], [name]Cecily[/name] or [name]Celia[/name]? My husband won’t go for [name]Cecily[/name] I don’t think. [name]Celia[/name] could be the short form.

I feel so disorganized and unsure! Help!

Oh I’m sorry you’re second-guessing yourself! I loved the names you had picked out!!

I probably already told you this but I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Eva[/name] [name]Simone[/name]. You have impeccable taste - these babies will have beautiful names.

I still really like [name]Sylvie[/name] or [name]Sylvia[/name]. I think [name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] is a really fantastic name.

I like [name]Natalia[/name] too and think [name]Cecile[/name] pairs quite well. I’m just not quite as in love as I am with [name]Sylvie[/name].

Unfortunately, I think [name]Cecilia[/name] and [name]Sylvie[/name] are too “hissy” of a pair for twins, but I do like [name]Carolina[/name].

I know that you mentioned [name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] on another post (I love that too!). If you used that, would you consider [name]Josephine[/name] as a first name? [name]Eva[/name], [name]Sylvie[/name], and [name]Josephine[/name]?

Good luck! All of your choices are gorgeous - you’ll pick the right ones!

I was all set on [name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Natalia[/name] [name]Cecile[/name] and then I started second guessing it.

It is so fun to think about names when you’re expecting!

For a while I was thinking I would replace [name]Natalia[/name] but I felt stuck, so then I rethought it and experimented with replacing [name]Sylvie[/name]. It’s a weird feeling because I thought I was settled on that one.

What do you think? [name]How[/name] great is [name]Sylvie[/name]?

[name]Love[/name] [name]Sylvie[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Natalia[/name] [name]Cecile[/name]

My little girl is [name]Eva[/name] [name]Simone[/name], so if I have an [name]Eva[/name] and a [name]Sylvie[/name], what would the second twin be? Would the name end in A? PLEASE SUGGEST! [name]Eva[/name] [name]Simone[/name] is an adorable name! [name]Both[/name] [name]Eva[/name] and [name]Sylvie[/name] have “v’s” in them. [name]Do[/name] you want a third name with a “v” sound:
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name] nn [name]Vera[/name]
[name]Flavia[/name] - so different
[name]Genevieve[/name]

Also thought of [name]Miranda[/name] because it’s so pretty. Also love [name]Iris[/name]. And [name]Delphine[/name]. And [name]Celeste[/name], of course.

Now I am thinking:

[name]CAROLINA[/name] [name]ESTELLA[/name] (that is [name]CaroLEEna[/name], Spanish pronunciation not like the states) sounds great, too
or
[name]CECILIA[/name] [name]ESTELLE[/name] - To me, these names are too similar. What is your last name?
and
[name]NATALIA[/name] [name]CECILE[/name] (or some other middle name if I use [name]Cecilia[/name]) - this is very pretty! Also love [name]Nathalie[/name].

[name]SYLVIA[/name] is also possible but I really prefer [name]SYLVIE[/name]. Me, too!

My favorite or the [name]Cecilia[/name] names is [name]Cecily[/name].

Thanks [name]Kim[/name] and [name]Susan[/name]. You’re right, [name]Susan[/name], this should be fun, I’m being silly.

Still would like input on whether to keep [name]Sylvie[/name] and what goes with it.

I went to the hospital with 3 names with my first so I can do that this time too.

I think [name]Natalia[/name] and [name]Eva[/name] [name]Simone[/name] are beyond incredible together. For some reason, probably my associations, [name]Sylvie[/name] doesn’t have [name]Eva[/name] and [name]Natalia[/name]'s exotic, ultra-feminine feel.

I picture [name]Eva[/name] [name]Simone[/name], [name]Natalia[/name] [name]Cecile[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] it!) and:

[name]Annabella[/name]
[name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Carolina[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] [name]Natalia[/name] and [name]Carolina[/name] with [name]Eva[/name]!)
[name]Camille[/name] (but not with [name]Cecile[/name])
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Eloisa[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name] (ooh…I love this with [name]Eva[/name] and [name]Natalia[/name]!)
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Luciana[/name] (nn [name]Lucy[/name])
[name]Mirabella[/name]
[name]Natasha[/name] (if you’re not set on [name]Natalia[/name])
[name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Raphaela[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name] (nn [name]Thea[/name])
[name]Viviana[/name]
[name]Zara[/name]

If [name]Sylvie[/name]'s the name you keep, I personally would stay away from using “s” heavy names ([name]Cecily[/name], [name]Cecile[/name]) for her twin, because it’s a tongue twister waiting to happen (at least for me!).

Good luck! You will, without a doubt, find the perfect names. :slight_smile:

Thanks [name]Jill[/name]. You always give good advice. Maybe it will be [name]Eva[/name], [name]Natalia[/name] and [name]Carolina[/name]. I do like those and my husband does too. I’ll read your list again more carefully, and everyone else’s ideas too. (Some of [name]Kim[/name]'s and [name]Susan[/name]'s suggestions were good but I can’t use for one reason or another – for instance we have a [name]Delphine[/name] and a [name]Veronique[/name] in our social circle already and even though they are nice I don’t want to name my children ‘after’ them.) I am sure I’ll post again.

Anyone else want to suggest I am all ears.

I love the names [name]Eva[/name] and [name]Sylvie[/name]. I think they are both semi exotic, but also more like antique names that are now coming back. For me [name]Natalia[/name] doesnt match them in that way. I agree that it would be best to avoid [name]Cicily[/name] etc because of the “s” sounds, it just seems like too much. Here are some ideas I came up with…

[name]Sylvie[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name] and [name]Flora[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name] and [name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name] and [name]Viola[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name] and [name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name] and [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name] and [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name] and [name]Violette[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name] and [name]Eugenie[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name] and [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name] and [name]Lilah[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name] and [name]Virginie[/name]

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Thanks [name]Bluebelle[/name]. If it weren’t for my husband, I’d have picked [name]Flora[/name] months ago! Also [name]Violette[/name] (or [name]Violet[/name]) has been at the top of my list for years. But he says no to those. I like some of your other ideas too. [name]Elodie[/name] in particular. Thanks.

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Pomme[/name]. :slight_smile: I’m glad my preference for [name]Eva[/name] and [name]Natalia[/name] didn’t upset you! ([name]Don[/name]'t want to cause more stress!) :slight_smile:

For me, when [name]Natalia[/name] is paired with [name]Eva[/name], [name]Eva[/name] borrows [name]Natalia[/name]'s exotic, forein vibes, and they match like bookends.

Along those lines, when [name]Sylvie[/name] is paired with [name]Eva[/name], [name]Eva[/name] borrows [name]Sylvie[/name]'s “woodsy” charm, as you once stated. Neither name feels exotic to me, but more spunky, along the lines of [name]Daphne[/name] or [name]Beatrix[/name] as siblings.

[name]Eva[/name]'s similarity to [name]Natalia[/name] outweighs its similarity to [name]Sylvie[/name] for me, which is why [name]Sylvie[/name] ends up being the oddball of the trio when they’re all put together.

I absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Eva[/name], [name]Natalia[/name], and [name]Carolina[/name]. [name]LOVE[/name] IT! It feels and sounds so perfect!

Have you thought about giving a potential [name]Carolina[/name] a French middle name to match those of her siblings?

[name]Carolina[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Carolina[/name] [name]Cecile[/name] (unless it’s set for [name]Natalia[/name])
[name]Carolina[/name] [name]Cosette[/name]
[name]Carolina[/name] [name]Ciel[/name]
[name]Carolina[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] (I know it’s a family name, but I want to see what it looks like with [name]Carolina[/name]…Pretty) :slight_smile:
[name]Carolina[/name] [name]Fleur[/name]
[name]Carolina[/name] [name]Giselle[/name]
[name]Carolina[/name] [name]Lisette[/name]
[name]Carolina[/name] [name]Mireille[/name]
[name]Carolina[/name] [name]Roselle[/name]
[name]Carolina[/name] [name]Sylvette[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Jill[/name], I am not going to get upset, I want honest input. I know the original post sounds high strung but criticism is fine with me!

I know what you mean about bookend. One big reason I picked [name]Eva[/name] is, it works in lots of languages. It’s Hebrew, but used in Slavic countries, as well as Spanish speaking countries. [name]Natalia[/name] is also used in Slavic and Spanish speaking countries and I believe [name]Carolina[/name] is as well based on supermodel [name]Karolina[/name] Kurkova being Czech.

I like that woodsy feeling but if you think about it, there’s lots of woodsiness in eastern europe. … woods, howling wolves, fairy tales…

Anyway I was thinking [name]Carolina[/name] [name]Estelle[/name]. Or, [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Estella[/name] but as you point out if I go with [name]Estelle[/name] they all have French middle names.

Am I done? Wow… Surely not. Surely I have to agonize some more. :slight_smile:

I mean, [name]Carolina[/name] [name]Estella[/name]. Sorry. Typo.

I really love the names you’re considering. All of them. The multicultural [name]Dahlia[/name]/[name]Dalia[/name] and [name]Eliana[/name] remind me of [name]Eva[/name] and [name]Natalia[/name], too. I once knew a lovely [name]Dalia[/name] (no h) from [name]Argentina[/name], and know of an Israeli [name]Dalia[/name]. I completely feel the tie between [name]Eva[/name] and [name]Natalia[/name], and even though [name]Natalia[/name]'s not Hebrew, the [name]Talia[/name] in [name]Natalia[/name] stands out to me, further connecting it to [name]Eva[/name].

As you said, [name]Carolina[/name] falls along these lines, too. I think [name]Estella[/name] is really, really pretty. I just have a personal issue with back-to-back vowels at the end of a first name and at the beginning of the middle name. Because of this, I have to pause between [name]Carolina[/name] and [name]Estella[/name] when I say the name. Like I said, it’s just me. I love your idea of [name]Estelle[/name] with [name]Carolina[/name].

You honestly can’t lose. I think [name]Every[/name] single name you’re considering is great! :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Pomme[/name]! I love all your names, you can’t go wrong.

I think [name]Natalia[/name] [name]Cecile[/name] and [name]Carolina[/name] [name]Estelle[/name] are both gorgeous, and are perfect with the equally beautiful [name]Eva[/name] [name]Simone[/name]!

Thanks [name]Jill[/name] and Bklyn for the encouragement! I used to live in Bklyn, Bklyn. I miss it all the time.

[name]Dahlia[/name]/[name]Dalia[/name] is nice but my sister-in-law’s brother’s daughter’s name is [name]Dahlia[/name]. They live in Bahrain and I see them very very rarely but I think it’s too close anyway. It might be sad for my sister-in-law, I know she loves her brother and never sees him. (She’s in Bklyn too! :slight_smile: )

[name]Talia[/name] is probably what we’ll call [name]Natalia[/name]. Or [name]Tali[/name]. Which are Hebrew/Israeli. [name]Carolina[/name] might be [name]Lina[/name] and might be [name]Coco[/name]. Is [name]Coco[/name] cute or too like a clown or a pet? [name]Estelle[/name] is like [name]Esther[/name] so we’re good there, I think. [name]Both[/name] mean star.

Thanks so much!

I love [name]Talia[/name] for [name]Natalia[/name]. I’ve known a few Talias in my life, and they’ve all been darling and bright. I think [name]Lina[/name] and [name]Coco[/name] are great nicknames for [name]Carolina[/name], too. [name]Coco[/name] is the elegant [name]Coco[/name] [name]Chanel[/name] to me, and after that, I think of little [name]Coco[/name] Arquette. I personally don’t think of a clown or a pet, but that made me laugh. :slight_smile: With [name]Simone[/name] and [name]Talia[/name], I think [name]Lina[/name] works better than [name]Coco[/name], but that’s just me.

I really like [name]Estelle[/name], too.

You’ve really got some awesome names here. [name]Eva[/name] [name]Simone[/name], [name]Natalia[/name] [name]Cecile[/name], and [name]Carolina[/name] [name]Estelle[/name] are a STUNNING sibling set! Seriously stunning…

I know you’re still searching for names, but I don’t see how it can get better than this! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Talia[/name] and [name]Coco[/name] as nicknames! [name]Coco[/name] is adorable.

Yes, [name]Brooklyn[/name] is wonderful - although it does present unique naming issues. Probably much more likely to find Penelopes and Eleanors on the playground than Addisons and Madisons.

I adore [name]Sylvie[/name]! [name]Sylvie[/name] and [name]Viola[/name] are a standout pair and keep the “v” continuity going among all three girls. [name]Natalia[/name] is lovely but I find [name]Natalia[/name] and [name]Carolina[/name] almost too matchy for twins.

I don’t think you can go wrong with any of your choices! Yet, I am still completely in love with [name]Sylvie[/name] so here are some more names that might go well with it…

[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]/[name]Juliette[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]