Twin siblings for Eleanor

[name]Love[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] spelled with a C. [name]Don[/name]'t let anyone convince you to change it to a K…
If you don’t like [name]Cathy[/name] as nn (I do), another option is [name]Caddie[/name] (as in [name]Caddie[/name] Woodlawn).

I agree, funnily enough. I like [name]Katherine[/name], but I do think we all have a gut reaction to the spelling we like most. If [name]Catherine[/name] is yours, go for it. And I love [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Lily[/name],
[name]Love[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] spelled with a C. [name]Don[/name]'t let anyone convince you to change it to a K…
If you don’t like [name]Cathy[/name] as nn (I do), another option is [name]Caddie[/name] (as in [name]Caddie[/name] Woodlawn).[/quote]

I agree, funnily enough. I like [name]Katherine[/name], but I do think we all have a gut reaction to the spelling we like most. If [name]Catherine[/name] is yours, go for it. And I love [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Lily[/name],
If you don’t like [name]Cathy[/name] as nn (I do), another option is [name]Caddie[/name] (as in [name]Caddie[/name] Woodlawn).[/quote][/quote]

[name]Love[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Micah[/name] and [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Lily[/name]. I prefer [name]Catherine[/name] with a “C”. NN [name]Cate[/name] is so cute. Sorry I didn’t post on this thread sooner. For the last several days, I have been distracted.

[name]Catherine[/name] with a C sits better with me for some reason…not sure why…and it allows me to tie it to my grandmother’s name [name]Clara[/name].
If we use a nn i also thought [name]Cate[/name] would be cute. When we had our [name]Eleanor[/name] we thought her nn would be [name]Ellie[/name] or [name]Elle[/name] but for some reason she’s just [name]Eleanor[/name] so who knows if we’ll even use a nn.

hmm M for the boy and C for the girl…

[name]Matthew[/name] and [name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Mason[/name] and [name]Camile[/name]
[name]Max[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]

hmm well heres some twin names I like without that criteria,

[name]Jacob[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Ryan[/name] and [name]Kylie[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name] and [name]Mackayla[/name]
[name]Jeremiah[/name] and [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Liam[/name] and [name]Rachel[/name]
[name]Hayden[/name] and [name]Bailey[/name]
[name]Cooper[/name] and [name]Zoey[/name]

I think [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Micah[/name] are wonderful names, I just wanted to point out the potential nicknames of [name]Cate[/name] and [name]Nate[/name]. I don’t know how you feel about rhyming names for twins. I personally don’t care for them, but that’s just me. Best wishes to you and your family!

Like the pp, I wanted to point out the rhyming of [name]Cate[/name] and [name]Nate[/name]. As a [name]Katharine[/name] with a [name]Nathan[/name] for a brother, I always cringed when people did that to us. The bad thing was that they would call us that even though we did not go by those names (as children we went by [name]Katie[/name] and [name]Nathan[/name], now I use my fn).

If that is not an issue for you then it is not a big deal, I just know that I hated it as a child.

Also, I wanted to add that you could use the spelling [name]Catharine[/name] with the “a” in the middle. I think it makes the name look even more similar to [name]Clara[/name], so it could really pull it all together.

I like [name]Nathaniel[/name], but I don’t [name]LOVE[/name] either of your girl names. Here are more suggestions (I have starred my favorites to go with [name]Eleanor[/name])!

[name]Beatrice[/name] ([name]Bea[/name])*
[name]Cecile[/name] (Ceci)
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] ([name]Ellie[/name])
[name]Genevieve[/name] ([name]Genni[/name])*
[name]Helene[/name]*
[name]Josephine[/name] ([name]Jo[/name], [name]Josie[/name])*
[name]Lucille[/name] ([name]Lucie[/name])*
[name]Madeleine[/name] ([name]Maddie[/name])*
[name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Mathilde[/name]
[name]Pauline[/name]
[name]Rosemarie[/name]
[name]Therese[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]*
[name]Vivienne[/name]

[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Bernard[/name]
[name]Gustave[/name]
[name]Harvey[/name]*
[name]Henri[/name]*
[name]Leon[/name]*
[name]Marshall[/name]
[name]Olivier[/name]
[name]Percival[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]
[name]Sebastien[/name]*

All of these names are French, like [name]Eleanor[/name], so they have a connection. I also think they hold onto that classic elegance of [name]Eleanor[/name]. I don’t know what [name]Eleanor[/name]'s middle name is, but you could go with middle names of the same origin for the twins.

[name]Henri[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Sarah[/name]
[name]Leon[/name] [name]Sebastien[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Lucille[/name]

[name]Eleanor[/name] was one of our options for our girl’s name; we also liked [name]Tessa[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], and [name]Laura[/name]. She ended up being [name]Isla[/name], which is decidedly on the wacky side of that list, but she just seemed like an [name]Isla[/name]! I am also a big fan of [name]Catherine[/name] nn [name]Cate[/name].

I also thought of the potential problem of [name]Cate[/name] and [name]Nate[/name]. I agree that rhyming names aren’t ideal. The idea was to call him [name]Nathaniel[/name] and call her [name]Catherine[/name] or [name]Cate[/name] depending on what suited her but I get that sometimes people will call them whatever they want to including the awful [name]Cate[/name] and [name]Nate[/name] combo.

I’ve been reconsidering the girl twin name (again) as for some reason [name]Catherine[/name] just isn’t resonating nor is [name]Lily[/name]. We’re really at a standstill since all of the names I really love (many of them on your lists) like [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Clara[/name], [name]Claire[/name] my husband has nixed. (So far he has only mentioned three names that he likes: [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Catherine[/name], and most recently [name]Gwendolen[/name] - which I think is a mouthful given our last name beginning with a D.) I am really at a loss and have no idea which way to go! One thing I do know is that I really love [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Micah[/name] so I’d like to stick with that.
The other girl names that I liked are unfortunately N names like [name]Natasha[/name], [name]Natalie[/name] or [name]Nicole[/name] and I just didn’t want to have two N names for the twins and have poor [name]Eleanor[/name] feel left out.
The other issue is that my husband comes from a HUGE family with tons of cousins and 2nd cousins all now having babies and he is adament about not repeating names which means that [name]Molly[/name], [name]Rachel[/name], [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Ava[/name], etc. are also out.
BTW, we gave [name]Eleanor[/name] my last name (which i continue to use) as a middle name so she’s [name]Eleanor[/name] F (2-syllables) D(1-syllable). I may also add my last name to the twins names and give them 2 middle names.
What do you think of [name]Aviva[/name] [name]Claire[/name] D – ? As an Israeli name I’m wondering if it’s just too different from [name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name]? On the other hand, I think it’s really beautiful.

I like [name]Aviva[/name] [name]Claire[/name] a lot, but not with [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Micah[/name]. I’m sorry, but it just doesn’t seem to fit.

I also wanted to suggest [name]Caroline[/name] or [name]Carolina[/name] as a possibility. It has the same qualities as [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name], that your husband seems to like. And I think that it is a way to honor your grandmother [name]Clara[/name]. In fact, every letter in [name]Clara[/name] is also in [name]Carolina[/name]. [name]Just[/name] thought I would suggest it.

I don’t think [name]Aviva[/name] [name]Claire[/name] matches up with your other children’s names at all. I think the suggestion of [name]Caroline[/name] is a good one.

[name]Aviva[/name] reminds me of the beautiful [name]Ava[/name] and the combo for that is [name]Ava[/name] [name]Caroline[/name].

Here are some quirky name suggestions.

[name]Finella[/name] or [name]Finola[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Nerissa[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]

I think that [name]Aviva[/name] works with [name]Nathaniel[/name], but not with [name]Eleanor[/name]. :frowning:

I can’t recall, but have you considered :

[name]Vivian[/name]/[name]Vivienne[/name]/[name]Vivien[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name]/[name]Sylvia[/name]

All of them have the V sound of Avivia. [name]Aurelia[/name] comes to mind, too.

[name]Don[/name]'t worry, because you’ll find the perfect name to work with [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Micah[/name]. :slight_smile:

Take care!