Twins ... and lots of questions! *Updated - see second page*

A routine scan today revealed that I’m carrying twins, which isn’t a huge surprise (fraternal twins seem to run in my family - in fact my sister only gave birth to her twins a few days ago) but leaves us in the stressful position of having to choose the fourth and fifth names we have had to choose in a year!

These will be our last biological children, and so quite possible the last we will get to name, so it is especially important to us that we love the names.

We have one girls’ name and one boys’ name chosen, and so if it is boy/girl twins we are just fine - [name]Benjamin[/name] nn [name]Benji[/name] and [name]Dorothea[/name] nn [name]Dotty[/name]. For same gender twins, though, we are stuck on what to match to these.

Our boys’ list :
[name]Arthur[/name] nn [name]Artie[/name] (this is our favourite, but is it too vintage with [name]Benjamin[/name]?)
[name]Ernest[/name] (but I’m not a fan of [name]Ernie[/name], and a good nn is very important to us)
[name]Walter[/name] (but no good nns).

And for girls :
[name]Adelaide[/name] nn Lady - thank you [name]Rollo[/name]! I think this is so quirky, but I feel like I should find it tacky - opinions?
[name]Andromeda[/name] nn [name]Andy[/name]/[name]Annie[/name] - to me, this one sounds like a smush of [name]Ambrosia[/name] and [name]Dorothea[/name], but DH says he thinks it’s fine?
[name]Annaliese[/name] nn [name]Annie[/name] (pronunced ann-uh-leez-uh) - I’m not worried about pronunciation issues.
[name]Beatrix[/name] nn Bixie - thank you, [name]Jill[/name]!
[name]Magdalena[/name] nn [name]Maggie[/name] - I love this, and it satisfies DH’s love of [name]Maggie[/name], but is it too Hispanic? I speak Spanish, but that is as far as our connection to the Mediterranean goes, and I’m not sure if it helps or hinders that we already have a [name]Raphael[/name]. Also, what do you all think of [name]Marigold[/name] nn [name]Maggie[/name]?
[name]Matilda[/name] nn [name]Tilly[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name] nn [name]Miri[/name]/Mimsy - is this too plain next to [name]Ambrosia[/name]?
[name]Odessa[/name] nn [name]Dessie[/name] - would the upsetting history of the place put you off?

Also, I love the nn [name]Fancy[/name] (I think it’s so pretty and quirky - am I crazy?), but am not wild about [name]Francesca[/name], and [name]Frances[/name] is [name]Rosie[/name]'s middle - can anyone think of another way to get to [name]Fancy[/name]?

Our children at the moment are :
[name]Ambrosia[/name] [name]Frances[/name] [name]Sofia[/name] nn [name]Rosie[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Edmond[/name]
[name]Raphael[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name] [name]Peregrine[/name] nn [name]Raffy[/name].

Thank you all in advance!

CONGRATS!!

For boy I like: [name]Arthur[/name] nn [name]Artie[/name]
I think it’s cute and sweet

And for girls I like:
[name]Annaliese[/name] nn [name]Annie[/name]
[name]Odessa[/name] nn [name]Dessie[/name]

I think [name]Odessa[/name] will compliment the names better, but I really like both :slight_smile:

GOOD [name]LUCK[/name]!

[name]Felicity[/name] might work if you want to have the nn [name]Fancy[/name], and [name]Bea[/name] would be another cute nn for [name]Beatrix[/name]. [name]Dottie[/name] and [name]Bea[/name]…I think it’s cute!
For the boys I like [name]Arthur[/name] a lot, but I like [name]Art[/name] as the nn. [name]Benji[/name] and [name]Art[/name]!

I like [name]Beatrix[/name] the best for the second twin name.
[name]Rosie[/name], [name]Dottie[/name] and Bixie sound adorable as sisters!

I like [name]Arthur[/name] with [name]Benjamin[/name], but not so much with [name]Raphael[/name]. I also love [name]Walter[/name]… only nicknames I can think of are [name]Walt[/name], [name]Wally[/name] (though not the best nickname!)

We have one girls’ name and one boys’ name chosen, and so if it is boy/girl twins we are just fine - [name]Benjamin[/name] nn [name]Benji[/name] and [name]Dorothea[/name] nn [name]Dotty[/name]. For same gender twins, though, we are stuck on what to match to these.

Our boys’ list :
[name]Arthur[/name] nn [name]Artie[/name] (this is our favourite, but is it too vintage with [name]Benjamin[/name]?) - My favorite on your list. But [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Arthur[/name] are kind of different. I would just put them together if you are wild about both of them. [name]Arthur[/name] goes great with [name]Dorothea[/name].
[name]Ernest[/name] (but I’m not a fan of [name]Ernie[/name], and a good nn is very important to us) - Yeah, I don’t like [name]Ernie[/name].
[name]Walter[/name] (but no good nns). I am not used to this name yet. Naming trends in G.B. are ahead of me. I think if I heard this name more often, I would love it more.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Arthur[/name] the most by far.

And for girls :
[name]Adelaide[/name] nn Lady - thank you [name]Rollo[/name]! I think this is so quirky, but I feel like I should find it tacky - opinions? - I really don’t like Lady, sorry!
[name]Andromeda[/name] nn [name]Andy[/name]/[name]Annie[/name] - to me, this one sounds like a smush of [name]Ambrosia[/name] and [name]Dorothea[/name], but DH says he thinks it’s fine? - For some reason [name]Andromeda[/name] makes me think of a big spider.
[name]Annaliese[/name] nn [name]Annie[/name] (pronunced ann-uh-leez-uh) - I’m not worried about pronunciation issues. - love
[name]Beatrix[/name] nn Bixie - thank you, [name]Jill[/name]! - love!
[name]Magdalena[/name] nn [name]Maggie[/name] - I love this, and it satisfies DH’s love of [name]Maggie[/name], but is it too Hispanic? I speak Spanish, but that is as far as our connection to the Mediterranean goes, and I’m not sure if it helps or hinders that we already have a [name]Raphael[/name]. Also, what do you all think of [name]Marigold[/name] nn [name]Maggie[/name]? - I love [name]Marigold[/name] nn [name]Maggie[/name]!
[name]Matilda[/name] nn [name]Tilly[/name] - love!
[name]Miriam[/name] nn [name]Miri[/name]/Mimsy - is this too plain next to [name]Ambrosia[/name]? - This one is so cute! I don’t know if it’s too plain next to [name]Ambrosia[/name]. Need to think about it. [name]How[/name] about [name]Mirabelle[/name] nn [name]Miri[/name]. Or [name]Mirabel[/name] or [name]Mirabella[/name]. Those names are pretty fancy!
[name]Odessa[/name] nn [name]Dessie[/name] - would the upsetting history of the place put you off? - Makes me think of a port, I think it is a post. I think of a real post with all the fish smells, not a romantic port like [name]Mariel[/name].

[name]Love[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Mirabella[/name] the most. NN’s [name]Tillie[/name]/[name]Tilda[/name] or [name]Mira[/name]/[name]Miri[/name]. These names sound different than your other children’s names. I like that. Different first letter on both first names and nicknames.

Also, I love the nn [name]Fancy[/name] (I think it’s so pretty and quirky - am I crazy?), but am not wild about [name]Francesca[/name], and [name]Frances[/name] is [name]Rosie[/name]'s middle - can anyone think of another way to get to [name]Fancy[/name]? - Again, I think in GB, the naming trends are different than where I live. Can’t imagine [name]Fancy[/name]. But I bet in several years it will make sense to me! [name]Love[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] so much! Oh, but I wouldn’t use [name]Francesca[/name] because I see that [name]Ambrosia[/name]'s middle name is [name]Frances[/name]. Anything to do with [name]Frances[/name] is taken imo. Your children have such beautiful names!

Our children at the moment are :
[name]Ambrosia[/name] [name]Frances[/name] [name]Sofia[/name] nn [name]Rosie[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Edmond[/name]
[name]Raphael[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name] [name]Peregrine[/name] nn [name]Raffy[/name].

I was wondering if you would update on the other topic you posted. I kept checking to see if anyone replied after my post.

[name]Fancy[/name] - Apparently [name]Fanchette[/name] is a name though I have never heard it before. [name]Francille[/name], [name]Francine[/name] and [name]Francina[/name] could also be options.

[name]Adelaide[/name] - [name]Lovely[/name] name although I prefer [name]Addy[/name] instead of Lady for a nickname. Lady sounds a bit prim and proper to me.
[name]Andromeda[/name] - I love [name]Andie[/name] as a NN but maybe with [name]Rosie[/name], [name]Dotty[/name], [name]Raffy[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] people may assume it’s a boy and short for [name]Andrew[/name]? Not sure. I think [name]Andromeda[/name] stands out a little too much next to [name]Dorothea[/name], [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Rapheal[/name] too. Maybe [name]Andrea[/name], [name]Andorra[/name] or [name]Andrina[/name] would fit better.
[name]Beatrix[/name] - I’ve never heard Bixie as a NN before. I would use [name]Trixie[/name] or [name]Bea[/name] perosnally but Bixie is ok. Makes me think of biscuits a little. I like [name]Beatrix[/name] though and it goes well with [name]Dorothea[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] especially.
[name]Magdalena[/name] - I like [name]Maggie[/name] (without it being short for [name]Margaret[/name]). Personally I’d go with [name]Magda[/name] because [name]Magdalena[/name] makes me think of [name]Mary[/name] [name]Magdalen[/name] but it’s a nice name.
[name]Matilda[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it. It goes perfectly with [name]Dorothea[/name] in my opinion.
[name]Miriam[/name] - I don’t think [name]Miriam[/name] is plain at all. I think it has a lovely soft, classic feel to it. It follows the soft gentle sounds of [name]Ambrosia[/name] and [name]Dorothea[/name] perfectly to me. I also like [name]Miri[/name] as a grown up NN and Mimsy as an affectionate NN when she’s young.
[name]Odessa[/name] - Fits with [name]Ambrosia[/name] but not [name]Dorothea[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] so much. [name]Dessie[/name] is an ok NN but feels more like having a NN for the sake of it.

Favourites:
[name]Matilda[/name] & [name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name]

I’m not keen on [name]Arthur[/name], [name]Ernest[/name] or [name]Walter[/name]. [name]Artie[/name] is quite a cute nickname though. They all just seem like old man names to me.
The names I most readily associate with [name]Benjamin[/name] are things like [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Oscar[/name], [name]Peter[/name], [name]Michael[/name], [name]William[/name], [name]Toby[/name], [name]Freddie[/name], [name]Sammy[/name], [name]Jake[/name], [name]Jesse[/name], [name]James[/name]. Things like that.

And think, when you choose the first names you have all the middles to deal with too.

Congratulations! What a coincidence that your you and your sister will have twins the same age!

You have a nice list of names to work with.

I don’t think [name]Arthur[/name] is overly vintage with [name]Benjamin[/name]; although, I do prefer [name]Walter[/name] (and I like the nn [name]Walt[/name]).

On your girl’s list, I especially like [name]Magdalena[/name] (nn [name]Maggie[/name]). I do not think of [name]Magdalena[/name] as a Spanish name. I have several [name]German[/name] ancestors named [name]Anna[/name] [name]Magdalena[/name]. The name was super popular in parts of Germany in the 1800s.

[name]Marigold[/name] is cute and would work for the nn [name]Maggie[/name]. I do prefer the distinguised name [name]Magdalena[/name].

[name]Annaliese[/name] is another pretty choice!

Congrats!
What about: [name]Rosie[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Raffy[/name],:
GB: [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Dorothea[/name], [name]Benji[/name] and [name]Dotty[/name]
GG: [name]Dorothea[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Dotty[/name] and [name]Maggie[/name]
GG: [name]Dorothea[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Dotty[/name] and [name]Tilly[/name]
BB: [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Albert[/name], [name]Benji[/name] and [name]Bertie[/name]

[name]Bertie[/name] is so cute! [name]Love[/name] [name]Dotty[/name] and [name]Tilly[/name]. [name]Benji[/name] makes me think of a little doggie. My age is showing. There was a [name]Benji[/name] movie in the '70’s about a little dog.

Congratulations again, twinkle!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Benji[/name] and [name]Dottie[/name] (and [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Dorothea[/name]) with your brood!

[name]Arthur[/name] nn [name]Artie[/name] - I think [name]Arthur[/name] fits ok with [name]Benjamin[/name] ([name]Raphael[/name] kind of sticks out here I think) but I also think that [name]Benji[/name] and [name]Artie[/name] may be too cutesy/matchy for twin brothers.
[name]Ernest[/name] - I don’t like this one and if nn is very important, I would skip it
[name]Walter[/name] - yeah, the best nn I can think of is [name]Wally[/name].

[name]How[/name] about [name]Frederick[/name] or [name]Ferdinand[/name] nn [name]Fritz[/name]? (I really, really like [name]Fritz[/name] with [name]Rosie[/name], [name]Raffy[/name] and [name]Benji[/name])
[name]Barnaby[/name]/[name]Barnabas[/name] nn [name]Barney[/name] (not the best with [name]Benji[/name], actually)
[name]Augustus[/name] nn [name]Gus[/name]/[name]Augie[/name]

[name]Adelaide[/name] nn Lady - love [name]Dorothea[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name] but it leaves [name]Ambrosia[/name] out and I don’t like Lady nn, sorry.
[name]Andromeda[/name] nn [name]Andy[/name]/[name]Annie[/name] - I don’t care for this one
[name]Annaliese[/name] nn [name]Annie[/name] (pronunced ann-uh-leez-uh) - love this, fits great with both [name]Dorothea[/name] and [name]Ambrosia[/name] and [name]Annie[/name], [name]Dottie[/name] and [name]Rosie[/name] is adorable.
[name]Beatrix[/name] nn Bixie - I like this one especially with the Bixie nn - I wouldn’t like it nearly so much for you with [name]Bea[/name] or [name]Trixie[/name].
[name]Magdalena[/name] nn [name]Maggie[/name] - I prefer [name]Marigold[/name] nn [name]Maggie[/name] for you and [name]Rosie[/name], [name]Dottie[/name] and [name]Maggie[/name] works well
[name]Matilda[/name] nn [name]Tilly[/name] - a little too ordinary with [name]Dorothea[/name] and especially [name]Ambrosia[/name] I think
[name]Miriam[/name] nn [name]Miri[/name]/Mimsy - the Mimsy nn is good with [name]Rosie[/name] and [name]Dottie[/name], [name]Ambrosia[/name] and [name]Dorothea[/name] but the full name [name]Miriam[/name] is maybe to ordinary? Not sure what I think about this one.
[name]Odessa[/name] nn [name]Dessie[/name] - I agree with pp that [name]Dessie[/name] feels forced

I’m not wild about [name]Fancy[/name], but how about [name]Winifred[/name]? Too much of a stretch to get [name]Fancy[/name]? I do like [name]Winnie[/name] though. [name]How[/name] about [name]Philomena[/name] - such a lovely meaning - nn [name]Fifi[/name].

My favorites for girls are: [name]Marigold[/name] nn [name]Maggie[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name] nn Bixie.

Good luck!

Aw, congrats twinkle!

I like [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Dorothea[/name]!

I like [name]Arthur[/name] and [name]Walter[/name] a lot! Maybe your [name]Walter[/name] could go by his mn?

From your girls, I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] nn Lady! This is sooo cute! I like just [name]Maggie[/name] but itself, but [name]Magdalena[/name] is cute, too. I don’t really like [name]Marigold[/name]… [name]Matilda[/name] is wonderul

With your children already, I think [name]Magdalena[/name] works best, with [name]Arthur[/name] from your choices.

Congrats again and good luck!

twinkle,
Congrats! Goodness there seems to be a lot of twins in the Nameberry community lately! :slight_smile:
What a wonderful surprise!

Here are my picks from your list:

[name]Ambrosia[/name] ([name]Rosie[/name]), [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Raphael[/name] ([name]Raffy[/name]) and…

BB:
[name]Benjamin[/name] nn [name]Benji[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name] nn [name]Artie[/name] ([name]Don[/name]'t think it clashes with [name]Benjamin[/name] at all!)

GG:
[name]Dorothea[/name] nn [name]Dotty[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] nn Bixie

A couple thoughts on your other girl name suggestions:

I love [name]Odessa[/name] with your other girl’s names but worry about the negative associations as well. Would you consider [name]Odette[/name]?

I actually quite like [name]Marigold[/name] nn [name]Maggie[/name] (Makes me feel like you have a little bit of a LOTR theme with [name]Rosie[/name] and [name]Peregrine[/name]!) but
felt it clashed with your other girl’s names.

[name]Miriam[/name] did sound a little plain, although I love [name]Miri[/name]!

[name]Magdalena[/name] did make me assume you had some connection to Spain (with [name]Raphael[/name] in the mix as well).

[name]Andromeda[/name] sounds awfully close to [name]Ambrosia[/name] for my liking and seems to contrast strongly with [name]Dorothea[/name].

I also agree that [name]Anneliese[/name] will have pronunciation issues, although if she goes by a nn, it won’t be nearly as much of an issue!

Lastly, I’m personally not feeling the nns [name]Fancy[/name] or Lady – all I can envision is very cute and very fluffy lap dogs. Sorry for that but I thought I ought to be honest!

The names you have already picked for your children are gorgeous! I’m sure you will do an excellent job naming these children as well! Best of luck to you!

Congratulations. We’re expecting twin too and believe me,I get you. It’s tricky to name two at the time.

2 boys: [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Arthur[/name] sound very good together. Serious and classic.

Other names that could work:

[name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Edmond[/name] (instead of [name]Ernest[/name])
[name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Elliot[/name] (same)
[name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Alexander[/name]

2 girls:

[name]Dorothea[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name] is my favorite. So refined and strong =)

[name]Annaliese[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name]
All lovely.

I know a little [name]Odessa[/name]. I truly love her name but I think the other options fit better with [name]Dorothea[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name] and your other children’s names.

Good luck, I’m sure you’ll pick lovely names for the new members of the family. Your options are all very nice.

My favorites:
[name]Arthur[/name]
And for girls :
[name]Marigold[/name] nn [name]Maggie[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] nn [name]Tilly[/name]
But please, no [name]Odessa[/name]. It certainly would remind me of massacre, Battleship Potemkin and famine.

[name]Ambrosia[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Raphael[/name] and…

BG: [name]Benjamin[/name] ([name]Benji[/name]) and [name]Dorothea[/name] ([name]Dottie[/name]) - these two are great choices!
BB: [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Arthur[/name] - I can see these together, they complement each other even though their styles aren’t the exact same, as do your other children’s names.
GG: [name]Dorothea[/name] and [name]Magdalena[/name] - this combo is great! They both go well with [name]Ambrosia[/name]/[name]Annie[/name] really well too, love [name]Annie[/name], [name]Dottie[/name] and [name]Maggie[/name]! I do also like [name]Beatrix[/name] but it would be the odd one out with [name]Ambrosia[/name] and [name]Dorothea[/name] because it is a lot shorter.

Still think [name]Albert[/name] and [name]Benjamin[/name] make good twinset - [name]Bertie[/name] and [name]Benji[/name]!

Thank you all so much for the suggestions, opinions and congratulations!

Mrswoolfsimmons ” I really like [name]Felicity[/name] nn [name]Fancy[/name], DH isn”t sold on the nn, unfortunately, so I have agreed to forgo it.

[name]Susan[/name] ” Thank you, I love my children”s names, and it”s nice to hear that others do, too.

[name]Kiki[/name] ” I”m sorry you”ve been waiting! I thought it would be better to start a new thread, though, now that we are looking for twins. Thank you for your suggestion of [name]Matilda[/name] on the other thread; it went straight on our list. I see your point about the nn [name]Andie[/name] with [name]Rosie[/name] and [name]Dottie[/name], too. I love your boys” name suggestions, but most have been used by close friends or our cousins. I love [name]Jacob[/name] nn [name]Jake[/name], but I feel that it is too popular for a brother to [name]Raphael[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name], and we have a [name]Jessica[/name] nn [name]Jessie[/name] as a niece, so [name]Jesse[/name] is out, unfortunately. I know, four middle names to think of! Luckily, we have quite a few guidelines for the middles this time around, so they will be easier, I hope.

Everwaiteing ” I know, isn”t it! Our mother is beside herself ” she”ll have four new grandchildren in the space of 7 months! I was thrilled to hear about your [name]German[/name] ancestors being named [name]Magdalena[/name]; DH and I lived in [name]Berlin[/name] for a year, and I utterly love the country and language.

Limike ” DH adores [name]Margaret[/name], but I just can”t get on board; that”s why we”re tossing around [name]Magdalena[/name] and [name]Marigold[/name], so that he can still have a little [name]Maggie[/name]. [name]Bertie[/name] is sweet, but I”d like to avoid having two nns of the same initials. I”m just very sensitive about getting match-y for twins, because growing up my brother and sister, who are twins, they always felt like they were treated as a unit.

Gwensmom ” Oh, I love [name]Frederick[/name] nn [name]Fritz[/name]! DH isn”t completely convinced, but it”s been added to our list. [name]How[/name] funny that you suggested [name]Winifred[/name] ” my name is [name]Winifred[/name]!

Emrasmus ” I love [name]Walter[/name], too! Perhaps we can use it as a middle. And it”s nice to find someone else who likes [name]Adelaide[/name] nn Lady, too. Unfortunately, I think it has been relegated to my dream world ”

Dove14 ” I was thinking that, too! I imagine people are more concerned about naming twins (I know that I worry I won”t find two names which I love equally, which I know is trivial, but still ” hormones!). [name]Odette[/name] is beautiful, but DH”s sister is [name]Henrietta[/name] nn [name]Ettie[/name], and if we had a Dettie/[name]Ettie[/name] it would get confusing (and lovely as she is, if we honour her, we would feel as though we had to honour his other three siblings, too). Are [name]Marigold[/name], [name]Rosie[/name] and [name]Peregrine[/name] all LOTR names? I confess I”m not a LOTR expert, and my knowledge doesn”t stretch beyond [name]Frodo[/name], Gollum and [name]Gandolf[/name]! Thank you so much, it is always lovely to hear that people like my children”s names.

[name]Nana[/name] ” More twins! Might I ask what names you are considering? I love [name]Edmond[/name], but have already used it as one of [name]Jasper[/name]”s middles.

Our lists now are :

Boys :
[name]Arthur[/name] nn [name]Artie[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] nn [name]Fritz[/name]

Girls :
[name]Annaliese[/name] nn [name]Annie[/name] ” I am concerned that this shares many of the same sounds as [name]Ambrosia[/name]; what do you think?
[name]Magdalena[/name] nn [name]Maggie[/name] ” still worried about the Spanish vibe.
[name]Marigold[/name] nn [name]Maggie[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] nn [name]Tilly[/name] ” is this going to get popular? I don”t have an issue with using popular names if I really love them (I can”t imagine [name]Benjamin[/name] is very unusual), but if it will get to top 20 proportions, I don”t feel like it will fit with our other children”s names.
[name]Miriam[/name] nn [name]Miri[/name]/Mimsy.

Are there any suggestions?

I still wasn”t sure about Lady (and [name]Addie[/name] reminds me of [name]Addison[/name], unfortunately), so we have decided against [name]Adelaide[/name].

[name]Odessa[/name] is off, although I adore it, because I am not sure about using the name of a place which I have not visited, and also because I am not comfortable with twins [name]Dottie[/name] and [name]Dessie[/name].

DH has nixed [name]Beatrix[/name], because he says he cannot forget his ”horrible” first girlfriend, [name]Beatrice[/name] (I pointed out that he was fourteen at the time, and should really be over it, but he said ”Honestly, [name]Winnie[/name], she was awful. No-one liked her; spoilt, and stupid, too. [name]Do[/name] you want our daughter to be stupid?”).

I agree with [name]Kiki[/name] that [name]Andie[/name] would seem masculine next to [name]Dotty[/name] and [name]Rosie[/name], so unfortunately we have decided against [name]Andromeda[/name], too.

Thank you all so much!

[name]Glad[/name] you like [name]Matilda[/name]. If you’re worried about it getting too popular (although I’m not sure it ever will be too much) then maybe you could go for the more exotic [name]Matilde[/name]. Or maybe [name]Melissa[/name] (Lissy) or [name]Melisande[/name] (Lissy/[name]Sandy[/name]).

Also for [name]Jake[/name], I agree [name]Jacob[/name] is very popular but what about the slightly different [name]Jacoby[/name] (Jah-ceh-bee)
[name]Jameson[/name] - [name]Jimmy[/name], [name]Jamie[/name]
[name]Zachary[/name] - [name]Zach[/name]
[name]Ezekiel[/name] - [name]Zeke[/name]

[name]Hi[/name], twinkle! I haven’t commented before, but I wanted to chime in now. So, you have [name]Raphael[/name] ([name]Raffy[/name]), [name]Jasper[/name], and [name]Ambrosia[/name] ([name]Rosie[/name])…

Of your boy names, I like [name]Frederick[/name] the best because it has a different ending than [name]Raphael[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], and [name]Ambrosia[/name]. [name]Fritz[/name] is really cute, too! For girls, though I do like [name]Anneliese[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name], it bothers me that [name]Ambrosia[/name] starts with an A, like [name]Anneliese[/name], and ends in an A, like [name]Matilda[/name]. Might you consider [name]Magdalene[/name] instead of [name]Magdalena[/name]? It has less of a Spanish feel in my opinion…

You might also like these…

Adelphie - Though you said [name]Addie[/name] reminds you of [name]Addison[/name].
[name]Eulalie[/name] - You could call her [name]LaLa[/name], [name]Leila[/name], or something…
[name]Hyacinth[/name] - [name]Cindy[/name]?
[name]Philippa[/name] - [name]Pippi[/name] or [name]Pippa[/name] is really darling…
[name]Thessaly[/name] - [name]Tess[/name]?

Others I might suggest are [name]Jezebel[/name] ([name]Jessie[/name], [name]Belle[/name]), [name]Bellamy[/name] ([name]Bella[/name], [name]Belle[/name], [name]Amy[/name]), [name]Bryony[/name] ([name]Brie[/name]), [name]Marguerite[/name] ([name]Maggie[/name], [name]Margie[/name], [name]Rita[/name], [name]Meg[/name]), and [name]Estella[/name] ([name]Essie[/name], [name]Stella[/name])…

[name]Eleazer[/name] - [name]Eli[/name]?
[name]Ichabod[/name] - I think this would be an amazing middle name!
[name]Lazarus[/name] - [name]Russ[/name], Russy?
[name]Phineas[/name] - [name]Finn[/name]!
[name]Tobias[/name] - [name]Toby[/name] is so cute…

[name]Andreas[/name] - [name]Andy[/name]?
[name]Dorian[/name] - Middle name?
[name]Sebastian[/name] - [name]Seb[/name], [name]Bastian[/name]?
[name]Thaddeus[/name] - [name]Thad[/name], [name]Tad[/name] (like a little tad-pole…)
[name]Simeon[/name] - [name]Just[/name] a cool name!

As for classics you might like, [name]Archibald[/name], [name]Benedict[/name], [name]Fitzgerald[/name], [name]Henrik[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], [name]Oscar[/name], [name]Regis[/name], [name]Silas[/name], and [name]Vincent[/name] are nice!

Good luck, and congratulations!

For [name]Magdalena[/name]: Here are some statistics I derived from searching the online 1920 U.S. census on the number of immigrants in the U.S. with the name, including variants: [name]Magdalene[/name], Magdalina, etc.

Birth places / Number of people with the name Magdaln in the U.S.:

Australia = 5
[name]Austria[/name] = 538
Belgium = 29
[name]Brazil[/name] = 1
[name]Canada[/name] = 101
Chile = 0
[name]China[/name] = 1
[name]Colombia[/name] = 0
[name]Cuba[/name] = 10
Czechloslovakia = 28
Denmark = 97