Twins ... and lots of questions! *Updated - see second page*

Okay… so I love [name]Frederick[/name] instead of [name]Arthur[/name], it goes better with your other children’s names and with [name]Benjamin[/name]. I also love the suggestion of [name]Magdalene[/name] instead of [name]Magdalena[/name], but both are really pretty!

B/G: [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name]
B/B: [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Frederick[/name]
G/G: [name]Dorothy[/name] and [name]Magdalene[/name]/a

So cute!

what about adelaine, then you have Lainee… a vintage name with a current NN…

I like a few of the names you’ve suggested.

I like [name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] in particular. Together I think that they are even cuter.

Bump!

Hey, twinkle! Did you like any of the suggestions or are you sticking to the originals? I’d be curious to see where you are at in the name game now… :slight_smile:

twinkle, I forgot you are a [name]Winnie[/name]! Well, I was right - it fits right in!
My thoughts, for what they’re worth
Boys :
[name]Arthur[/name] nn [name]Artie[/name] - I think [name]Arthur[/name] and [name]Benjamin[/name] go nicely, but worry that [name]Benji[/name] and [name]Artie[/name] are too matchy. And I have a personal problem with naming twins A and B names - it reminds me of how they’re sometimes called in utero. This may be just me :slight_smile:

[name]Frederick[/name] nn [name]Fritz[/name] - I can’t tell you how much I love this! (I know, I’m the one who suggested it originally, but I want to tell you some more). [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Frederick[/name] are such a handsome pair; [name]Benji[/name] and [name]Fritz[/name] match in playfulness and unexpectedness while not sounding remotely the same. Fits right in with [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Raphael[/name] too. I think not having another -y nn helps [name]Jasper[/name] fit it too - would it be strange to have [name]Raffy[/name], [name]Benji[/name] and [name]Artie[/name] with [name]Jasper[/name] left out? [name]Raffy[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Benji[/name] and [name]Fritz[/name] seems more cohesive to me, with plenty of individuality for each of the boys.

Girls :
[name]Annaliese[/name] nn [name]Annie[/name] ” I agree the full names [name]Annaliese[/name] and [name]Ambrosia[/name] share a lot of sounds. But [name]Rosie[/name] and [name]Annie[/name] don’t, and that’s what they will be called most often. I think this one has to be up to you. I might avoid it just so that their given names have different initials.

[name]Magdalena[/name] nn [name]Maggie[/name] ” too much Spanish vibe imo.

[name]Marigold[/name] nn [name]Maggie[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] this! So cute with [name]Rosie[/name] and [name]Dotty[/name] and [name]Marigold[/name] is a lovely, unexpected name. I like how [name]Ambrosia[/name], [name]Dorothea[/name] and [name]Marigold[/name] share O’s and R’s but it’s not too obvious so just serves to make a cohesive unit.

[name]Matilda[/name] nn [name]Tilly[/name] ” I like [name]Matilda[/name] with [name]Dorothea[/name] but I don’t really like [name]Dottie[/name] and [name]Tilly[/name] together for some reason.

[name]Miriam[/name] nn [name]Miri[/name]/Mimsy - I do like [name]Miri[/name] but not nearly as much as [name]Marigold[/name] nn [name]Maggie[/name].

Thank you for your suggestions, [name]Lemon[/name]! We don’t mind about the names ending in the same sounds, because most nns we like end in -ee sounds, anyway.

I quite like [name]Eulalie[/name] nn Lelie (lee-lee; I’m not sure how we would spell that) but am yet to win DH round.

We both love [name]Pippi[/name], but are not so fond of [name]Philippa[/name] … Any other suggestions on how to get to the nn would be much appreciated!

I love [name]Jezebel[/name], too, but not the associations.

We like but can’t use [name]Phineas[/name], and other [name]Finn[/name] names, [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Tobias[/name] nn [name]Toby[/name]. We like [name]Dorian[/name], but it would nix [name]Dorothea[/name], unfortunately.

At the moment, we are slightly favouring [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Frederick[/name], and [name]Dorothea[/name] and [name]Marigold[/name].

Thank you all once again!

twinkle~
You make me smile!
Yes [name]Marigold[/name], [name]Rosie[/name] and [name]Peregrine[/name] (spelled [name]Peregrin[/name]) are all LOTR names-- although [name]Marigold[/name] isn’t even close to being a main character! I believe if my memory serves me right, she is a daughter of [name]Sam[/name] and [name]Rosie[/name].
[name]Rosie[/name] is [name]Sam[/name]'s wife and [name]Peregrin[/name] is [name]Pippin[/name]'s full first name. :slight_smile:
I know, I know, I’m a total nut.

All right! From your current list:
I definitely prefer [name]Frederick[/name], nn [name]Fritz[/name]. I think [name]Fritz[/name] fits so beautifully with your other children’s names!

For girls I’m torn between [name]Marigold[/name] nn [name]Maggie[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] nn [name]Tilly[/name]. I think both fit nicely with [name]Dorothea[/name] nn [name]Dottie[/name]!
If your husband gets on board with [name]Eulalie[/name], I actually think that’s adorable too!

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Pippi[/name]!
As for other names that could lead to [name]Pippi[/name] I think any P- name would work
[name]Piper[/name] (not your style, I know. Most of these probably won’t be…)
[name]Pippa[/name]
[name]Pacifica[/name]
[name]Padma[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Padget[/name]
[name]Padrika[/name]
[name]Petra[/name]
[name]Patricia[/name]
[name]Patsy[/name]
[name]Pansy[/name]
[name]Patience[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Philomena[/name]
[name]Paula[/name]
[name]Paulette[/name]
[name]Pauline[/name]
[name]Phyllis[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] **my fav – and it’s even got the double P sound!
[name]Portia[/name]
[name]Priscilla[/name]

I know how it is with crazy pregnancy hormones so I wanted to assure you again that you will pick beautiful names! Follow your instincts!

I’m glad you like [name]Eulalie[/name] and [name]Dorian[/name], but I guess I didn’t realize [name]Dorothea[/name] was a given for one baby - should you have at least one girl…

A once knew a [name]Pippi[/name], sister of [name]Everett[/name], but her name was actually [name]Alexandra[/name]. I have no idea why she was called [name]Pippi[/name], but I do agree that [name]Philippa[/name] is a bit of a mouthful.

As for [name]Eulalie[/name], I think you could easily get away for the [name]LeeLee[/name] nickname, but another cute one is [name]Lolly[/name]! Should your husband have a problem with the sound of [name]Eulalie[/name], perhaps her cousins, [name]Eulala[/name] and [name]Eulalia[/name], could entice him - though I personally find them to be tongue twisters when compared to the elegant, flirty [name]Eulalie[/name]! [name]Eulalie[/name] always reminds me of [name]Eulalie[/name] Mackecknie Shinn, the mayor’s wife in “The [name]Music[/name] [name]Man[/name]” - what a splendid musical.

Some more - [name]Aurelia[/name] ([name]Aura[/name], [name]Aurie[/name], [name]Lia[/name], [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Elia[/name]), [name]Marina[/name] ([name]Mari[/name], [name]Mara[/name], RiRi, [name]Rina[/name]), [name]Sibylla[/name] ([name]Sibyl[/name], [name]Sibby[/name], [name]Billie[/name]), [name]Lolita[/name] ([name]Lola[/name], [name]LiLi[/name]), [name]Annora[/name] ([name]Annie[/name], [name]Nora[/name]), [name]Margery[/name] ([name]Marge[/name], [name]Margie[/name], [name]Maggie[/name], [name]Geri[/name]), and [name]Hermione[/name] ([name]Hermie[/name], [name]Hero[/name], [name]Miya[/name], [name]MiMi[/name])…

If you are okay with letting go of [name]Dorothea[/name], some cute pairings might be:

[name]Eulalie[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Margery[/name] and [name]Annora[/name] - [name]Rosie[/name], [name]Maggie[/name], and [name]Annie[/name] is too cute!
[name]Sybilla[/name] and [name]Hermione[/name]

I, for one, am not a fan of names ending in such similar ways as [name]Ambrosia[/name] and [name]Dorothea[/name], but if it doesn’t bother you, then go for it. I don’t think it matters if the nicknames end similarly, however - it is rather cute.

I like [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Frederick[/name] a great deal, together and apart, but I can’t help but feel that both, especially [name]Benjamin[/name], are a bit, well, tame when compared to [name]Raphael[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], and [name]Ambrosia[/name]. However, [name]Benjamin[/name] is my brother’s name, and, in general, I adore it. [name]Frederick[/name] “[name]Fritz[/name]” is really special, too!

Some more - [name]Harold[/name] ([name]Harry[/name]), [name]Reginald[/name] ([name]Reggie[/name], [name]Gino[/name]), [name]Leopold[/name] ([name]Leo[/name]), [name]Barnaby[/name] ([name]Barney[/name], [name]Barnes[/name], [name]Abi[/name], [name]Abe[/name]), [name]Bartholomew[/name] ([name]Bart[/name], [name]Ollie[/name], Oli), [name]Lancelot[/name] ([name]Lance[/name], Lot), [name]Alphonse[/name] ([name]Alfie[/name], Alphe, [name]Al[/name], [name]Fonzie[/name]), and [name]Sidney[/name] ([name]Sid[/name])…

Some cute pairings might be:

[name]Leopold[/name] and [name]Sidney[/name] - [name]Leo[/name] and [name]Sid[/name]! Darling.
[name]Alphonse[/name] and [name]Bartholomew[/name]
[name]Harold[/name] and [name]Barnaby[/name]

Good luck, twinkle!

Dove14, thank you for your reassurement; I definitely needed it! I did a bit of [name]Lord[/name] of the Rings googling, and while I couldn’t find any information on [name]Marigold[/name], [name]Rosie[/name] seemed like a lovely character. I don’t think I mind about the slight theme, as I can’t see many people seeing it, especially with [name]Peregrine[/name] being a middle. But don’t all of the charcters have such brilliant names?!

Thank you for the [name]Pippi[/name] suggestions. Sadly, the ones I like are all out of bounds :
[name]Paloma[/name] (I love this one so much that I used it for the cat DH bought me when we married!)
[name]Pansy[/name] (the negative responses when I mention this one have been quite overwhelming)
[name]Penelope[/name] (my best friend’s baby girl).

[name]Lemon[/name], I love [name]Lolita[/name], but can’t really get by the connotations, and we both love Batholomew nn [name]Olly[/name], but don’t want to use a name with the same initials as [name]Benjamin[/name] (and [name]Dorothea[/name] and [name]Benjamin[/name] are set).

I think that I will make a poll about this.

twinkle~
I do love all the names in LOTR! We actually picked our next boy’s name from there! The Silmarillion has become a supplemental baby name book for me! :slight_smile:

And yes, I was mistaken-- [name]Marigold[/name] is not one of Samwise’s daughters. He had a Goldilocks, and many other daughters with flower names, hence my confusion! :slight_smile:

Speaking of [name]Marigold[/name]-- I do believe it’s become my favorite of your girl names (with [name]Dorothea[/name] of course)!

Now I’m going to go find your poll so I can vote in it!