Twins being induced next week...

I’m thinking of [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Ethan[/name] [name]James[/name]. Our surname begins with an S and is 3 syllables long. [name]Do[/name] these names go?

Oh. What beautiful names. I think they are lovely together. And I pretended your surname was [name]Sullivan[/name] and they went beautifully with that.

Thank you, I had a dream when I was 12 that I had a baby [name]Ethan[/name] and I’ve just wanted it ever since. I was just hoping that [name]James[/name] went well with it

That’s such a great naming story for him one day. I think [name]Ethan[/name] [name]James[/name] is very strong.

I don’t like all these modern names which seem more like nicknames. I felt [name]Ethan[/name] was a firm name which will stand by him all the way thru!

[name]Hi[/name]!

I love [name]Lydia[/name]! [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is such a sweet combination, even if [name]Grace[/name] is a bit of a popular middle name. Great choice for your daughter!

I think [name]Ethan[/name] [name]James[/name] sounds very nice as a whole! I do think [name]Ethan[/name] is a bit on the trendy side compared to [name]Lydia[/name], more of a vintage classic, and it does always sound a bit young to me (but then there is [name]Ethan[/name] Hawke, so…). However, I think your combination is lovely, and you’ve always wanted an [name]Ethan[/name], so I say go for it!

Good luck with [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Ethan[/name]!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Congratulations on your twins! [name]Ethan[/name] [name]James[/name] is a very handsome and solid name! [name]How[/name] nice that he will literally be a dream come true! [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is beautiful! Seeing that your name appears to be [name]Claire[/name] (and being that I love that name)… I couldn’t help but notice that [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Claire[/name] would be gorgeous too. You picked really great names!

The names are beautiful and they compliment one another perfectly. Good luck!

Right now at the very last minute I’m contemplating [name]Ethan[/name] [name]David[/name] instead of [name]Ethan[/name] [name]James[/name]. But [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] may also become [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Claire[/name]…thank you for your suggestion. Induction date has been moved forward to tomorrow evening!!

good luck!!! i would definitely go w/ [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] & [name]Ethan[/name] [name]James[/name] - gorgeous!! :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] your names- [name]Lydia[/name] has always been a favorite of mine!

[name]Hi[/name]!

I think both names are beautiful. My only hesitation is that the end sounds of both middles ([name]Grace[/name] and [name]James[/name]) would attach to the the first letter of your last name, perhaps sounding like:

[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Gray[/name] [name]Smith[/name] or [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Mith
[name]Ethan[/name] [name]Jame[/name] [name]Smith[/name] or [name]Ethan[/name] [name]James[/name] Mith
or maybe just slightly slurred?

I don’t think it’s a huge deal, especially since their full names (with middles) aren’t likely to be said all that often, but our last name begins with an S as well and s-sound endings (for both first and middles names) were something we tried to avoid (well, that I tried to avoid–I don’t think this bothered my husband) when we named our daughter. Anyway, I really love [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Claire[/name] and [name]Ethan[/name] [name]David[/name] is nice as well, but I don’t think you could go wrong either way.

Best of luck with your birth!

[name]EDIT[/name]: oh, sorry, I just saw that your last name is 3-syllables, so obviously “[name]Smith[/name]” wasn’t the best example!

I love that sibset! And if, as [name]Lemon[/name] mentioned, it bothers you at all about the styles, [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]James[/name] is also magnificent. Either way, good luck!

NameGoddess

Either way, you can’t go wrong with [name]Ethan[/name] [name]James[/name] or [name]Ethan[/name] [name]David[/name]. I do think [name]Ethan[/name] is ideal with a one-syllable name, like [name]James[/name]. I understand the concern about the s/s sounds. However, it’s really not bad, and, as I recall, [name]James[/name] was significant to you. Go with what feels right to you.

I think your daughter would feel very special to get [name]Claire[/name] as her middle name! (I have always felt good that my mother chose to give me part of her name for my middle name.)

We wish you all the best as your babies are born!! Let us know how all of you are doing. Also, please let us know whether [name]Ethan[/name] or [name]Lydia[/name] was born first and your final decision on their names!

[name]Ethan[/name] [name]James[/name] - 02/07/2010 - 19.57 - 6lb 8oz
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Claire[/name] - 02/07/2010 - 20.02 - 6lb 5oz

And we’re home already, everyone doing fine

Congratulations and great name choices!

Congrats to you and your family.

Congratulations, and the twins weighed in with wonderful weights too, all the best.

rollo

Many congrats on [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Ethan[/name] - lovely choices!

Best wishes to you and the whole family.

Thank you everyone! Twins have just slept all day so far except for feeding.