Twins: Hilton and Marriott

As a teacher I have come across many interesting names and today my best friend (also a headteacher) called me to let me know about a set of girl twins she came across when visiting a school (age 6): [name]Hilton[/name] and Marriott. With an older brother named [name]Rad[/name]- yes, you guessed it, full name being Raddisson. (!)
I couldn’t believe my ears! But each to their own I guess. :slight_smile:

[name]Gracie[/name]

Hopefully their next isn’t Super8…

:wink:

oh those poor girls… how they’ll get made fun of when they get older. :frowning:

Maybe the parents travel alot-and this is where each of the three were conceived (ha, ha LOL :))

Oh, you’re kidding! That’s awful. Those poor kids.

that is so sad what are people thinking? I think thats just it THEIR NOT!

These people planned poorly - [name]Hilton[/name] is a boy’s name and Radisson goes with [name]Madison[/name] and [name]Addison[/name] for a girl’s name. Marriott, in all seriousness, if it wasn’t a hotel, would be the prettiest name out of the three. I wonder if these parents are banking on a special deal someday - sometimes companies offer free goods or services if your name is _______. Technically, I have only heard this about ski lift tickets before, once over the name [name]Kelly[/name] or [name]Patrick[/name] ([name]St[/name]. [name]Patrick[/name]'s [name]Day[/name]), or ski for a dollar if your name was [name]Bill[/name] or [name]Billie[/name].

This is probably the worst name story I have ever heard though. On [name]Bill[/name] Cosby’s show “Cosby” after “The Cosby Family” series ended, his character was named [name]Hilton[/name], so that seems fairly easy to go with, aside from the hotels and hotel heiress, [name]Paris[/name] [name]Hilton[/name], but not if one’s twin is Marriott. I hate to say I think some parents actively hate their children, to name their daughters, especially, after famous hotels. [name]Westin[/name], what about [name]Westin[/name]!? I am stayin’ at the Marriott, ho-ho, tee-hee. [name]May[/name] I ask you what are your rates? Can I get room service? This is the worst name story ever!

Wow! I’m just about rolling on the floor laughing right now. What are these people thinking?

LOL! Please, [name]Gracie[/name], say it isn’t so! (Seriously. I beg you!)

On the bright side, they could have been [name]Howard[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] (nn HoJo), Motel 6, and Econolodge. :slight_smile:

Sometimes I do frankly wonder if giving kids names like these could be construed as a form of abuse!

I can normally forgive (at a push) theme-naming. But did they not think of all those bad jokes from boys that little [name]Hilton[/name] and Marriott will be on the receiving end of once they get to high school?

wow i dont even have a comment for raddison but hilton and marriott are both hotels! those poor kids!

Radisson is a hotel, too! Isn’t it unbelievable?

[name]How[/name] terrible! Did anyone else hear about the kid named AirAsia who got free plane tickets for life?

What?! Seriously?!

If they had stopped at either [name]Hilton[/name] for a boy or Marriott nn [name]Mary[/name] for a girl it would be fine.

My uncle’s name was [name]Hilton[/name] and my grandmother’s maiden name was [name]Hilton[/name]. That was fine. But when adding Marriott to [name]Hilton[/name] is just horrible. Maybe they should name their dog Watergate.