Twins in Sci Fi story

I have twin siblings - one boy, Y, and one girl, X - as the protagonists of a story I’m struggling to title, but I can at least do that on my own.

Y grows up in a city where twins are considered bad luck, so X should have been killed immediately in order to cover this up. Obviously she wasn’t, and ended up growing up in a city where twins are fine, and considered to be little different to any other children.

Anyway, these twins meet, and main plot with conflict ensues. As stories tend to do.

The names of these siblings is… yeah. I want names that seem futuristic that aren’t just names with creative spellings, or particularly difficult to pronounce. I don’t have a working surname, but currently tossing between Iterum because it sounds pretty cool and Fract because fracture. So names that work with either of those would be great!

What about [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] or [name_m]Cian[/name_m] (Kee-An) for Y and [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f] (SER-sha) or [name_f]Xena[/name_f] for X?

2 Likes

Was that helpful?

1 Like

So I was thinking maybe star/space related names because that’s what I tend to think of in sci-fi/future universes.
For X: [name_f]Astrid[/name_f], [name_f]Astraea[/name_f], [name_f]Calytrix[/name_f], [name_u]Vesper[/name_u], [name_f]Vesta[/name_f], [name_f]Vela[/name_f], [name_u]Nova[/name_u], [name_u]Lux[/name_u] (could tie into castor/Pollux twins)

For Y: [name_m]Castor[/name_m] (also a [name_u]Gemini[/name_u] Twin), [name_u]Antares[/name_u], [name_m]Elio[/name_m], [name_m]Alioth[/name_m], [name_u]Zenith[/name_u]

1 Like

Some names that come to mind:
[name_u]Ari[/name_u], [name_u]Britt[/name_u], [name_f]Cae[/name_f], [name_u]Jem[/name_u], [name_m]Pitt[/name_m], [name_u]Rue[/name_u], [name_u]Nyx[/name_u], [name_m]Kitt[/name_m], [name_u]Mika[/name_u], [name_f]Pru[/name_f]

1 Like

Twin Y: [name_m]Eros[/name_m], [name_m]Talin[/name_m], [name_m]Jex[/name_m], [name_m]Caruso[/name_m], [name_u]Sacha[/name_u], [name_u]Gentry[/name_u]

Twin X: [name_f]Thora[/name_f], [name_u]Vale[/name_u], [name_m]Amias[/name_m], Forbyn, [name_f]Cybele[/name_f]

1 Like