Twins, Now its time to review the boys names

Hey everyone,

I made a post just like this on the girls forum so now its the boys names. I found out at our first ultrasound the other day we are expecting twins. Before my husband and I found out there were 2, we had narrowed it down to one girl name and one boy name, but now were back at the drawing board for the second name.

The first boys name we agreed on is [name_m]Roland[/name_m], so that will be one of the babies names. Last name is a color word name, starts with G (think color of grass). Middle names are going to be family names, but we will deal with that after we pick two first names.

Names on our list:
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_u]Jameson[/name_u]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]

I’m looking for any feedback, suggestions, anything. Thank you!

3 Likes

I love the name [name_m]Roland[/name_m]
And I think [name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] or [name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] look so good together

And congrats for you, your husband and your growing family

1 Like

Roland (to me) feels quite strong and traditional but also quite unique, not a name you necessarily hear all the time right now which is so cool! some of the names on your list: [name_u]Everett[/name_u], [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] and [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] are lovely but are quite trendy, and have a softer ‘vibe’ to them that in my opinion would clash a bit with [name_m]Roland[/name_m].

Gideon is my favourite from your list paired with [name_m]Roland[/name_m], they both share similar sounds but aren’t too matchy which is good! [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] is also really wonderful with [name_m]Roland[/name_m], they both share the strong ‘O’ sound and are classic names that aren’t super popular.

What do you think about the names [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] and [name_u]Stanley[/name_u]? To me they pair really nicely with [name_m]Roland[/name_m] :relaxed:

congratulations and good luck!!

1 Like

I think [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] fits perfectly with [name_m]Roland[/name_m]. They are both familiar but uncommon and I think they fit well together!

1 Like

I feel like Roland and Gideon go perfectly together! They both have a kind of regal, elegant, knight-like feel.

I also like Thaddeus and Tobias with Roland. They share the "famillar but rather uncommon: characteristic, plus nickname options like Thad and Toby are super cute to me.

Atticus is not my personal style but would work beautifully here too!

Some of the names on your list, for example Jameson and Emmett, seem very stylistically different from Roland to me.

What abot:
Roland & Frederick
Roland & Evander
Roland & Cecil
Roland & Cedric
Roland & Nicholas
Roland & Harrison
Roland & Arthur
Roland & Julius
Roland & Isidore
Roland & Amias
Roland & Elliott

Hope this helps and good luck!

1 Like

I love [name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u], [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] and [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] with [name_m]Roland[/name_m]

1 Like

I think [name_m]Gideon[/name_m], [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] or [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] would work!

1 Like

Roland is a great choice. I like [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], [name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] the best with [name_m]Roland[/name_m]. I’m seconding the suggestion of [name_u]Stanley[/name_u] as well! Congratulations on twins!!

1 Like

Sebastian, [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] or [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] are my favourites from your list. The best with [name_m]Roland[/name_m] to me is with [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] or [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], even though the latter is more traditional/commonly used than [name_m]Roland[/name_m]. But really, I think any of the above, as well as [name_u]Emmett[/name_u], [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] and [name_m]Gideon[/name_m], would complement [name_m]Roland[/name_m] well.

Other ideas:

Roland and [name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_m]Malachi[/name_m]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_m]Miro[/name_m]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_m]Stellan[/name_m]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_m]Bastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_m]Duncan[/name_m]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_u]Dexter[/name_u]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_u]Atlas[/name_u]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_m]Fraser[/name_m]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_u]Florian[/name_u]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_m]Phineas[/name_m]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_u]Saxon[/name_u]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_m]Hamish[/name_m]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_m]Xavier[/name_m]

1 Like

I like [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] the best with [name_m]Roland[/name_m]. Both have the same vibe.
I think some names ending in the en/an/on sound would work well with [name_m]Roland[/name_m].

[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] and [name_m]Roland[/name_m]- really love this!
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m] and [name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_u]Julian[/name_u] and [name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_m]Fenton[/name_m] and [name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u] and [name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_m]Deacon[/name_m] and [name_m]Roland[/name_m]- [name_u]Love[/name_u] this!
[name_u]Aiden[/name_u] and [name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_u]Hayden[/name_u] and [name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_m]Preston[/name_m] and [name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_u]Greyson[/name_u] and [name_m]Roland[/name_m]
Ethan and Roland
Dawson and Roland

Other names which I just think sound really great with [name_m]Roland[/name_m] are
[name_m]Otis[/name_m] and [name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_u]Maverick[/name_u] and [name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u] and [name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] and [name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_u]Penrose[/name_u] and [name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_m]Randall[/name_m] and [name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] and [name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_u]Axel[/name_u] and [name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_m]Lawson[/name_m] and [name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_u]Orion[/name_u] and [name_m]Roland[/name_m] love this!
Wyatt and Roland
Sheridan and Roland
Austin and Roland

1 Like

I like [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] the best!

1 Like

Hi there.

Here are my thoughts on the boys:

Everett-This is totally perfect w/Roland. It has the same dapper sharp slightly vintage vibe. It’s a bit popular though, if that bothers you.

Jameson-This is nice too. I like this spelling as well. And the nn [name_u]Jem[/name_u]. It also seems like a great fit w/Roland. Polished & smart & a little bit outdoorsy. Not quite as common as [name_u]Everett[/name_u], but well known. You may get an occasional [name_u]Jamie[/name_u], so hopefully you don’t hate that.

Gideon-Another nice choice. I don’t like it quite as much as some of the others. It just sounds a little bit too stuffy geeky. Like [name_u]Sheldon[/name_u] on Big Bang [name_u]Theory[/name_u]! But some days I think it sounds clever & sweet.

Jasper-I can’t get into this one either. It reminds me of the word jester, so it feels goofy. Most people seem to love it.

Thaddeus-This is nice. Similar vibe as [name_m]Roland[/name_m]. Fairly uncommon but not overly complicated. Lots of great nns like [name_m]Thad[/name_m], [name_m]Tad[/name_m], [name_m]Thatch[/name_m], Thax & [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]. I like [name_m]Thatch[/name_m] best w/Roland.

Tobias-Not a bad name at all. [name_m]Just[/name_m] not my personal favorite. I think it’s the ‘toe’ part. But it’s a good solid name. Not too popular but not too out there. Has a slightly nature-y yet smart & down to earth vibe.

Emmett-Pretty cute. I like it more in theory than the actual sound. But it’s a nice name that goes well w/Roland.

Theodore-I adore this name. It’s getting popular, but I guess for a good reason. It’s smart & charming & classic.

Atticus-I like this one a lot. It has a similar vibe to [name_m]Roland[/name_m] too. It has a vintage yet fresh feeling at the same time.

Sebastian-A bit more popular than some of the others, but probably my favorite in general. So handsome & lovable. Really nice w/Roland. I like the nns for it as well. Like [name_m]Satch[/name_m], [name_m]Seb[/name_m], Sebby & Bash.

A few more ideas:

August

Bastian

Calvin

Desmond

Louis

Malcolm

Sullivan

Vincent

Walter

Whitman

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love [name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u] together! :blush:

1 Like

Roland and [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] are my favorite pair!!! I also love [name_m]Roland[/name_m] with [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]!!

1 Like

Hmmm I feel for me [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] and [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] are the likely two. I’d say [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] for sure I would just want you to be sure you were ok with the alliteration in general but also then only one twin having it. But I do love it paired with [name_m]Roland[/name_m].

The only one That stood out to be as “ummm maybe nix this” was [name_u]Everett[/name_u]. Paired with your color of grass last name [name_u]Ever[/name_u]- (color of grass) sounds even more like the name of a tree or shade of color. While it may pair well with [name_m]Roland[/name_m] I wouldnt say it pairs with the last name.

1 Like

Thank you for all the feedback and suggestions. I think my favorites now are leaning towards [name_m]Gideon[/name_m], [name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u], [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] and [name_m]Tobias[/name_m].

I also love the suggestions of [name_m]Evander[/name_m], [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], [name_m]Julius[/name_m]/Julian, [name_m]Lucian[/name_m], [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m], [name_u]Atlas[/name_u], [name_m]Phineas[/name_m], [name_m]Xavier[/name_m], [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] ( though I can’t use this) [name_u]Grayson[/name_u] (again last name issues), [name_u]Beckett[/name_u], [name_m]Matthias[/name_m], Emmerick, [name_m]Leander[/name_m], [name_m]Emrys[/name_m], [name_m]Burke[/name_m], [name_m]Victor[/name_m], [name_m]Vincent[/name_m], and [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]. I’ll have to bring these up to my husband and see if he likes any of them.

Thank you!

1 Like

Names from your list I think go well best [name_m]Roland[/name_m] and what I assume your surname is:

Everett
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

Suggestions:

Francis
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]Jules[/name_u]
[name_m]Leonardo[/name_m]

Roland and [name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

seem to work the best! But really, any of them would work fine except for [name_u]Emmet[/name_u] and [name_u]Jameson[/name_u], which don’t feel like they go with the vibe of [name_m]Roland[/name_m] (but are of course still perfectly usable if you love them).

Roland and [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] “[name_u]Rory[/name_u] and [name_u]Kit[/name_u]”
[name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u] “[name_u]Rory[/name_u] and [name_m]Thatch[/name_m]”
[name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] “[name_u]Rory[/name_u] and [name_u]Theo[/name_u]”
[name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] “[name_u]Rory[/name_u] and Bash”

All very cute options!

2 Likes

I love [name_u]Jameson[/name_u] and [name_m]Roland[/name_m] together!

I’ll suggest [name_u]Hendrix[/name_u], I feel like it goes lovely with [name_m]Roland[/name_m]!

1 Like

Gideon gmv!

1 Like