Twins starting with the same letter...

What do you think about naming twins with the same letter? I love alot of names that start with the same letter, so do you think it would be okay to name twins with the same letter.
My favorite boy/girl set-
[name]Maxwell[/name] and [name]Madison[/name]
[name]Seth[/name] and [name]Sarah[/name]
[name]Do[/name] you like these names?

I see no problem with it as long as they aren’t too matchy. I think that those names together sound fine, they don’t sound tacky and too matchy. As long as their middle names don’t start with the same letter, I think you’ll be good.
[name]Maxwell[/name] and [name]Madison[/name] is definitely my favorite of the two, as I’m not a big fan of the name [name]Seth[/name]. [name]Max[/name] and [name]Maddie[/name] would be cute nicknames :slight_smile:

But I know the problem you have, because most of my favorite names start with the same letter too. [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Audra[/name], and [name]Anderson[/name]. [name]Liv[/name] and [name]Luke[/name]. But if you love the names, it shouldn’t matter.

I agree with rachelmarie.

Some are just TOO matchy for my liking, ie:
[name]Ella[/name] and [name]Emma[/name]
[name]Logan[/name] and [name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Madison[/name] and [name]Mason[/name]
[name]Evan[/name] and [name]Ethan[/name]
[name]Jayden[/name] and [name]Jordan[/name]

But ones like this aren’t too matchy: (just my opinion of course)
[name]Roman[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] and [name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Dawson[/name] and [name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that helps :slight_smile:

I’m a twin and I’ve never cared for matching letters and names. It is just too obvious then, and it doesn’t seem as special. I’d find two names that are in the same style and use those! Like [name]Sarah[/name] and [name]Maxwell[/name], perhaps [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Madison[/name] and [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Seth[/name], even.

I feel that it is better to have a different letter of the alphabet.

Eg [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Stephen[/name] (not [name]Seth[/name]) and [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Madison[/name], [name]Max[/name] and [name]Sarah[/name], that is lovely.

For me twins and siblings need their own individual initial.

I think its ok to use the same initials once the names are very different eg [name]Samuel[/name] and [name]Sophie[/name]. I’m not a fan of [name]Max[/name] or [name]Madison[/name] but I think [name]Sarah[/name] and [name]Seth[/name] are nice. Then there is the issue if you have another baby after the twins, will you carry on the theme. But if you love the names and they just happen to have same initial and you dont have a problem with it, just go for it:)

I have twins, and although i loved the idea of having the same letters when i was younger (you know how you do!) I don’t care for it much now. I decided to go with different letters so they can have that initial letter for their own.

However, i do agree with others, i think [name]Maxwell[/name] and [name]Madison[/name] is ok, much better than [name]Jason[/name] and [name]Mason[/name] for instance, or [name]Addison[/name] and [name]Madison[/name]! x

For me, I would shy away from anything which makes it seem as though the twins are a pair, and for that reason I would never use names beginning with the same sound, i.e. not [name]Lucy[/name] and [name]Lorcan[/name], cute as it would be, but [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] would be fine.

That said, I think it rather quaint to give twins names with the same or related meanings, such as [name]Nathaniel[/name] and [name]Dorothea[/name], both of which mean ‘gift of God’.

You could go with twins who have the same distinct letter but different initials.
For example, [name]Xander[/name] has a strong Z so it could be paired with [name]Hazel[/name]. They don’t even visually both have the Z though so they don’t look like a pair.
Or [name]Victor[/name] and Neave.
[name]May[/name] and [name]Grayson[/name].
[name]Alexander[/name] and Xina (the X is very noticable but pronounced differently.)

It means the names fit together but aren’t one half of a whole as it were.

i [name]LOVE[/name] seth & sarah!