Twins!

A family member of mine has finally found out the gender of their babies (boy and girl!) ! I’m excited because I finally get to share and ask for name help! I’ve been very vocal about my name addiction to close family and friends, and so they asked you berries for help! A few things they would like (though aren’t prioritized are):

• Reflects their babies heritage (Mexican and Jewish)
  • Hopefully have some connection
  • Names flow nice!

A couple of their favorite names are for further help:

Mom likes flower names and space related names, also loves vintage names like [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], couple names they like: [name_f]Lavender[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], [name_u]Rosario[/name_u]

Partner loves names with historical meaning and empowerment: their favorite [name_f]Lyudmila[/name_f] (a known Nazi killer during WWII) in general loves names that have witchy background or have wonderful meaning their favorite so far are [name_f]Freya[/name_f] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f], and Nazar for boy

Names vetoed: [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Lyudmila[/name_f], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], [name_f]Ruth[/name_f], [name_u]Bowie[/name_u], [name_u]Jagger[/name_u], [name_f]Freya[/name_f], and [name_u]Rosario[/name_u]

Names agreed upon: [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] (iffy), [name_u]Basil[/name_u]

Completely clueless on boys though I recommend [name_u]Basil[/name_u] and they liked it enough that it’s stuck :joy: so hopefully we can help some more!

2 Likes

Marisol —[name_f]Mary[/name_f] for the Hebrew side, though the name itself is Mexican it combines some elements of both.

1 Like

Here are the names I found that fit both of the parent’s preferences.

GIRLS:
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] - Space themed, the name means ‘star’, which may appeal to the father’s love of good meanings. It feels kind of witchy and
[name_u]Nova[/name_u] - Similar to [name_f]Stella[/name_f]! [name_u]Nova[/name_u] is a star that releases a huge burst of energy, temporarily becoming incredibly bright.
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] - Similar feel to [name_f]Daphne[/name_f], and mom loves flower names. Dahlias are beautiful flowers!
[name_u]Abby[/name_u] - Popular Hebrew name, meaning ‘my father’s joy’, which may appeal thanks to the Hebrew connection and the delightful meaning, especially to the father. Also could be [name_f]Abigail[/name_f], nn [name_u]Abby[/name_u] for short.
[name_u]Eden[/name_u] - This could be a boys name too, but I see it more as a girls name. Reflecting on the Garden of [name_u]Eden[/name_u]!
[name_f]Eleora[/name_f] - “God is my light”
BOYS:
Aapeli - This name means ‘breathing’, and is the Finnish variant of [name_m]Abel[/name_m], who was [name_m]Adam[/name_m] and [name_f]Eve[/name_f]'s first son, as a nod to Jewish heritage.
[name_m]Elian[/name_m] - meaning ‘light’, of Spanish origin.
[name_m]Valentin[/name_m] - romantic and beautiful, Spanish origin, meaning “strong, healthy.”

That’s all I can think of for now, but if I think of anything else I’ll be back!

1 Like

@eireann These names are wonderful :yum: I’m rooting for them liking [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] and Aapeli! I love your name [name_f]Stella[/name_f] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: the name [name_f]Estella[/name_f] is popular in the latino community so [name_f]Stella[/name_f] is refreshing! [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] is actually a name used by the Jewish partner for their sister! Nickname [name_u]Abby[/name_u] too what a darling coincidence you would say that!

@voughtlori I love [name_f]Marisol[/name_f] it’s on my list :sob: I be so sad if it was taken but if it fits the criteria I’ll gladly suck it up

3 Likes

Congratulations to you and your family! Here are some names I hope the expecting parents will like:

[name_f]Alma[/name_f] - Although it mostly hints at the Mexican heritage, there are so many wonderful women who have carried this name that it gains historical significance. I also love how it has roots in ancient [name_u]Rome[/name_u]! It also has a lovely meaning and a slightly mystical and witchy feel.
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]- This may be an obvious and very popular choice, but it fits with the mother’s love of space names and I think the feminine and elegant vibe goes well with the names on their list. Also there is a hint to Mexican heritage.
[name_f]Paloma[/name_f] - I think this nicely could serve as a nod to the heritage of both parents. Obviously the name is hispanic in origin, but the meaninh of dove could also relate to [name_u]Noah[/name_u] releasing a dove following the great flood, which came back with an olive leaf, showing that [name_u]Noah[/name_u] and his family could return to the land and leading to God’s promise to [name_u]Noah[/name_u]. I also adore the sound of this name!
[name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] - A personal favourite which will maybe appeal to the mother’s love of space names, but I doubt it’ll check any of the other boxes for the couple.
[name_f]Artemisia[/name_f] - Obvious association to [name_f]Artemisia[/name_f] Gentileschi who has become a feminist hero - hopefully checking the historical significance box. [name_f]Artemisia[/name_f] is also a genus of plant, so maybe this will appeal to the mother’s love of flower names?
[name_f]Salome[/name_f] - Another personal favourite with Hebrew roots meaning peace - which is just about the loveliest meaning of a name in my opinion! I also think it has a great witchy feel. Although more common in [name_f]France[/name_f], I know three girls with the name in Spanish-speaking countries, so hopefully it could work.
[name_f]Zara[/name_f] - A Hebrew name with a Spanish vibe! Also love the witchy and powerful feeling of the name.
[name_f]Sappho[/name_f] - Who better to name your child after than [name_f]Sappho[/name_f]? And also the name has the greatest witchy and natural vibe!

Boys:
[name_m]Eneas[/name_m] - I just love this name and think it suits their style, but it’s not tied to the preferences you listed
[name_m]Jacob[/name_m] - A lovely and easy to pronounce name with Hebrew origin
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] - Spanish origin with a lovely modern but classic vibe
[name_m]Eliazar[/name_m] - Connection to Hebrew [name_u]Eli[/name_u] with a beautiful meaning of “God helps”. Has a lovely magical feeling.
[name_m]Mateo[/name_m] - Latin form of a Hebrew name with a great meaning and some many great namesakes!
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] - Another great Hebrew name with amazing namesakes, amongst them a personal favourite of abolitionist and suffragist [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_m]Heywood[/name_m]. The ‘Z’ also gives it that witchy feeling.

Unisex:
[name_u]Rosamel[/name_u] - A nod to Mexican heritage and love of flower names!

2 Likes

Paloma is a nice idea!

1 Like