Two current favorites..toughts?

I am pregnant with my third, and this little one is a big surprise! The older brother and sister both have unusual, but lovely names. Neither of them have biblical names, and both of our top boy choices are very biblical. Not sure if that will clash with a hungarian name and a greek name? Anyway, our top choices are [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] and [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m]. Any thoughts?

I don’t think there will be an obvious clash, since it’s not like your eldest two have names from the same source, but it’s difficult to say without knowing their names!

My favourite by far of your two options is [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] - I think it’s handsome, bright and jazzy. [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] has never really appealed to me for some reason.

I like them both! Prefer [name_m]Gideon[/name_m], but zeke is great nn

[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] is very biblical to me and I could easily see it sounding strange with a non biblical name.

[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] on the other hand I wouldn’t have even known was biblical. [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] seems to fit with the popular English and Irish names like [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m], [name_m]Ronan[/name_m], [name_m]Patrick[/name_m], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], etc.

I love [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]! It’s so classy and distinguished-sounding, but still modern. I had no idea it was Biblical; it doesn’t sound like it to me. I think of a prep school kid.

Agree with the previous poster that [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] is super Biblical. I think 19th-century rednecks - not a fan.

[name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] is lovely, and the laid back nn [name_m]Zeke[/name_m] doesn’t sound biblical to me at all- it gives me a cool surfer vibe

I prefer [name_m]Gideon[/name_m].

I prefer [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m], but [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] feels less biblical. I know it is, but it doesn’t feel as obvious, in the same way that names like [name_m]Joseph[/name_m], [name_m]Matthew[/name_m], and [name_m]Peter[/name_m] don’t feel necessarily biblical.

I don’t really like [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m], but I really like [name_m]Gideon[/name_m].

I don’t think that they will necessarily clash. Out of all the Biblical names that you could pick, they are a couple of the more obscure. They are still quite unique in that way.

Thanks everyone! I personally prefer [name_m]Gideon[/name_m], but my husband likes [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m] better, and my son has told me that he’ll disown me if I name the baby [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] (seems a little melodramatic, but he’s almost 12…). We still have lots of time to discuss. [name_u]Baby[/name_u] isn’t due until september.

I like [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] more, though I do like the nickname potential for [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m]. Are there any nicknames for [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]?

I can’t think of any intuitive nicknames for [name_m]Gideon[/name_m]. With it being a three syllable name, a short nickname would be nice.