Two middle names for Theodore...

WDYTO [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Bowie[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u] or [name_u]Fionn[/name_u]? ([name_u]Fionn[/name_u] pronounced more like Fyun than [name_u]Finn[/name_u])

We’re pretty set on [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u]/[name_u]Fionn[/name_u] but are thinking about going down the two middle name route (I have two as does the majority of my family) The meaning of [name_m]Bowie[/name_m] fits in with the meaning of [name_u]Finn[/name_u]/[name_u]Fionn[/name_u], both are Irish/Gaelic (which I am) and DH was a big [name_m]Bowie[/name_m] fan. I like [name_m]Bowie[/name_m] too… It’s different but not out there.

The only problem I have with two middle names is them being too long/clunky sounding which is what I find with both of mine so I want to find the right fit IF we do go for it.

I think it’s a little much since [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is such a long name and is formal compared to the two middles.

I actually think [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Bowie[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is a really cool combo. As far as length/clunkiness go, it’s not bad at all. The flow is good both visually and out loud! (What about [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Bowie[/name_m] [name_u]Flynn[/name_u]?)

Either way, [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is a solid choice.

I’m not a big fan of [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Bowie[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is way more formal than both [name_m]Bowie[/name_m] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. Maybe you could do [name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_m]Bowie[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u]? Or maybe save [name_m]Bowie[/name_m] for a brother’s middle name?

I like the way they all sound together too… I think two middle names (including my own two) can sound off when the ‘flow’ isn’t right and I don’t get that vibe from this combo. That being said I do agree and was worried about [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] sounding totally different in style.

Changing [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] to [name_u]Theo[/name_u] isn’t really an option as it doesn’t work with our surname plus I love the meaning of [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. I think [name_u]Theo[/name_u] and [name_m]Bowie[/name_m] together are a bit O heavy, also.

Not a big deal though as two middles is only a thought!

I think it’s totally fine. You have to get up to more like 10 syllables in the full name before I start getting squeamish about the length. A lot of people max out at just a couple of names, which always surprises me. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Bowie[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u]/[name_u]Fionn[/name_u] is only 6-7 syllables, so you still have plenty of room for the surname before it starts feeling “too long” to me.

I think the upbeat tempo of unexpected [name_m]Bowie[/name_m] in the middle helps keep the combo moving along. It WAS a bit of surprise coming right after [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], but I figured there must be a story for it. That always makes the best kind of name.

I like [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Bowie[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u]