Two Middle Names

I think [name]Harlow[/name] [name]Dacy[/name] [name]Shae[/name] is really cute, [name]Harlow[/name] [name]Dacy[/name] [name]Shane[/name] would work, too, I think. You mentioned [name]Harlow[/name] [name]Shae[/name] [name]Dacy[/name] in your other thread, but I think [name]Dacy[/name] [name]Shae[/name] sounds much better.

If it was good enough for Albus [name]Percival[/name] Wulfric [name]Brian[/name] Dumbledore, then three middle names are good enough for me!

I’m kidding. Mostly. My current plan is two middles, one from each side of our family. That way I can still have a first name that I like and still honor important relatives without either side feeling left out.

I have two middle names which are hyphenated so I always thought of them as one middle name. Most forms only have room for a middle initial anyways so I use the initial of the first middle name since the hyphen effectively makes them one name. Some computer systems which do not accept hyphens usually smoosh the names together or leave a space instead of a hyphen neither of which is really a problem. I’d say for two middles I have it easy because both middle names are very short: one four characters and the other three so it isn’t cumbersome.

Some friends of mine gave their son two middle names to accommodate a cultural tradition of giving a son his father’s name and including a name from mom’s side of the family too.

I like two middle names because there are a lot of family I’d like to honor in addition to names I like. If my husband and I have just two children as we are planning we might need those extra spots to get all the names we like in!

I think one or two middle names is good. I don’t think the purpose of a middle name is to honor everyone (or even every name you like) all in one heap. If you say them all, and really when are you going to even say them all, you will sound like [name]Cletus[/name] from the Simpsons, or just that you were so indecisive you went with total nonsense.

I am also in favor of a two-word first name, like [name]Mary[/name] [name]Ann[/name] but cool, but then I would definitely stick to one middle name. I guess I’m in favor of mostly business-like with a little flair as opposed to giving one child enough names for 3 or 4 children. In addition to the goldfish idea or writing fiction, maybe start a company that makes purses or fine china, or something else where you could give things names instead of model numbers.

My daughter has two middle names & I have not encountered any issues. Her social security card is two lines which is cute. I don’t worry about it, I plan on giving other children two middle names as well. Her name is [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Marie[/name] [name]Anne[/name], so chic & simple.

I have two middle names and it has never been a problem. Social Security, Drivers License…everything has both names and it has never become an issue. However, both of my middle names start with the same letter. So initials have never been a problem. I only sign one “L” like it stands for both names.

My oldest daughter(16) has two first names, [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Roxanne[/name]. My son(5) has two middle names, [name]William[/name] [name]Thayne[/name] [name]Arthur[/name]. No problems thus far…