Two middle names?

Next month I am going to have my first child. I have not yet fallen in love with any names I have come across until today. I really like [name]Rory[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. The thing is, I really want to use [name]Marie[/name] for a middle name. It means alot to me and is a tradition of sorts in my family. I don’t want to risk saving it for my next girl in case I don’t have another one.
So I am looking for advice. Is [name]Rory[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Marie[/name] too much? What do you all think of two middle names? I have never really thought of it. I’m not really a fan of hyphens either. And I think [name]Rory[/name] [name]Marie[/name] is too much [name]Ree[/name] in a row. Any comments about the name are encouraged, because I’m not really sure how I feel about it.

I think [name]Rory[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Marie[/name] will work cause [name]Elizabeth[/name] & [name]Marie[/name] flow really well, just on their owns. so when you add thwm to a name like [name]Rory[/name], its a really nice name. Cause [name]Rory[/name] is unisex and with names girly names like [name]Elizabeth[/name] & [name]Marie[/name]. So in short, go for it.

I have two middle names and plan on passing it down to my children :] Go for it!

There’s nothing wrong with giving your child two middle names. My three kids have two middle names each (and our baby on the way will too) and it’s never been a problem for us at all. I love it because it’s given us the opportunity to honor more people and use more names that we love. :slight_smile:

[name]Rory[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Marie[/name] is a great name.

Are you set on just [name]Rory[/name]? [name]How[/name] about [name]Aurora[/name]? I think [name]Aurora[/name] is a stunning name that allows for her to go by [name]Rory[/name] but still have a more feminine and formal name to fall back on later in life if she so chooses. It also solves your mn problem because [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Marie[/name] works just fine (even if you call her [name]Rory[/name] most of the time, you would rarely use the nn next to the middle - it would be either the nn or the full formal first and middle). You can then avoid the confusion that comes with double middles and save [name]Elizabeth[/name] for the next daughter.

I’ve lived with double middle names for 24 years and never had any confusion. On forms you either put in both initials/names or the first of the two if there is only one slot for it.

Ohh, now I really like [name]Zoey[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Marie[/name] as well.

I like [name]Rory[/name] better than [name]Zoey[/name] cuase to me [name]Zoey[/name] seems like early 2000’s and [name]Rory[/name] being more now. But that’s what i think.

I think two middle names is kind of unnecessary, but there’s really nothing wrong with it. I know plenty of two middle-named people who’ve never had a problem. The only thing with it is that I think siblings should have the same number of names- I have one middle name and my brother doesn’t have one at all, and he’s always hated that.

Yeah, if I use two middle names for her I will have to use two for all of them.