Two Middle Names...

I am interested to know what people think about having two middle names? I kind of like the idea, and many of the men in my family have two middle names so it isn’t a strange concept to me, but my husband thinks it would be annoying in later life when our son would be learning to write his name and then as an adult filling out forms etc etc. Thoughts?

I dont think its a big deal if it’s a part of your culture, but Im always surprised when my American friends have multiple mn’s unless theyre Catholic and its a confirmation name they incorporated. I think as long as you do it carefully and with names that work well so it doesnt look like youre trying too hard to just include all the names you like then it can be done.

[name]LOVE[/name] two MNs! I am about 99% all of my children will have two MNs. In my combos, usually I do the FN I love, a MN to honor family (sometimes the FN honors family, too, as is the case for [name]Violet[/name], [name]Liliana[/name], and [name]Jack[/name] in my signature), and then a MN that either symbolizes a virtue/practice/etc. that I want to pass onto my children, or just another name I really like. I wouldn’t mind writing two MNs down all the time! I would love it, lol. I know some people who utterly can’t stand it, but a lot of people I know of who have two MNs haven’t really had any problems with it and like it a lot, which is why I’m leaning toward it. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I am leaning toward two MN’s myself. A lot of people have them and I think it can be great especially if you are honoring people :slight_smile: