Two middle names?

My boyfriend and I–though we are quite a few years from having kids!–were discussing baby names the other day, and I told him that I intend to give any daughter I have the middle name of [name]Marie[/name]. I know it’s a little on the dull side, but it’s my middle name (obviously), my mother’s middle name, and my grandmother’s middle name after her aunt, who was very important to her. I would really like to continue to honor the women in my family in this way. At that point, BF expressed his desire to give his daughter the same middle name as his mother, [name]Louise[/name]. That kind of got me thinking…what do you guys think of giving a baby two middle names? Is it took much for kids to deal with? What do they put on forms where it says “middle initial”? Thoughts?

All three of my kiddos have two middle names and I love it! Our oldest is 15 years old and she has never complained about having two middle names & in fact helped name her two younger siblings, with two middle names. When we have to put middle initial, we use both, if there is only space for one middle initial, we use her 1st middle name initial.

I think it is fine, it is not my style but I respect it especially if there is a family tradition of it, or a family desire to really use two names on one child. In this case, I think [name]Marie[/name] [name]Louise[/name] or [name]Louise[/name] [name]Marie[/name] is a nice mn combo, and the names have some history of use together, so I actually would really stand by [name]Marie[/name]-[name]Louise[/name] or [name]Louise[/name]-[name]Marie[/name] for the middle ([name]Marie[/name]-[name]Louise[/name] more, as that looks more familiar). I also think [name]Louise[/name] [name]Marie[/name] or [name]Marie[/name] [name]Louise[/name] as a first and middle combo is pretty nice. Good luck!

My daughter has two middle names, and they got it wrong on her Social Security card and only included her first middle name, even though both are on her birth certificate. This has been difficult to fix. She is 11 weeks old now, and I’m still having problems because they won’t accept her birth certificate as a form of ID. I’m still glad that I was able to honor two relatives, but I am anticipating the occasional problem like this. I would do the same thing over again, but there can be problems when what you’re doing isn’t the cultural norm where you are

I love the idea! I don’t have any experience with it yet but it doesn’t seem like it would be a huge hassle. I definitely plan on using two mns for each of my children! I think [name]Marie[/name] [name]Louise[/name]/[name]Louise[/name] [name]Marie[/name] are both lovely and I would think it would pair really well with just about any first name. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Our newborn has two middle names - [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Joy[/name] [name]Mirabelle[/name]. I love it so far. I do anticipate some small inconveniences down the road, but nothing that prevented us from giving her the name. My family uses the two middles commonly and we all like it. For awhile my brother dropped one, but he ended giving his daughter two middle names. Anyway, I say go for it!

I like the idea as soon as the second MN isn’t very long. I’m even thinking to name my daughter [name]Grace[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Anne[/name] because [name]Anne[/name] is my FN (I’m called by my MN) and it also has the same meaning as [name]Grace[/name].