Two Phoebes in the Family?

Recently I’ve begun to really like the name [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], and I want to add it to my list of names. However, my Aunt has recently named her daughter [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], and while I love my aunt to death I don’t spend that much time with her or her family. So I feel that if I end up naming a daughter [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], that our children wouldn’t see much of each-other – so having matching names wouldn’t be that much of an issue.

Though I’m not too sure if that is a good idea, let me know your opinions. Thanks.

I don’t think it would be a problem especially as the girls would be some years apart in age. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] is such a sweet name!

I think it will be fine if they won’t be seeing each other very often.

I don’t think it’s a problem.

It really depends on the dynamics in your family. If you think it would be fine and you don’t see your aunt that often, then I think there shouldn’t be any problem! I love the name [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f].

In general, it seems people naming the second child don’t see a problem with it and parents of the first child with the name usually do. I agree it also depends on family dynamics. It would be nice to have a conversation with your aunt and let her know how much you love the name and would like to use it. I do think you can use it but be prepared that some people may be bothered by the decision.