Two weeks to go -- take one final poll for me?

See the results of this poll: What’s your favorite combo?

Respondents: 84 (This poll is closed)

• Hazel Francine : 37 (44%)
  • Ivy Frances : 40 (48%)
  • Maxine Veda: 7 (8%)

I voted for [name]Hazel[/name]. [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] would be AMAZING.

1 [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Frances[/name] - A blend of spunk and vintage.
2 [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Francine[/name] - An unusual pair that works.
3 [name]Maxine[/name] [name]Veda[/name] - I like both names but [name]Veda[/name] seems a little too exotic with the no-nonsense [name]Maxine[/name].

Tough choice between [name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name]. I voted for [name]Ivy[/name]. [name]Maxine[/name] doesn’t hold a candle to them.

Thanks you guys! We love both [name]Hazel[/name] and [name]Ivy[/name] and are mostly concerned about popularity at this point. [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Ivy[/name] will take a bigger leap because of the [name]Beyonce[/name] connection?

I [name]Love[/name] [name]Hazel[/name], it reminds me of beautiful green eyes with a bluish tint…and [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Francine[/name] sounds so beautiful together! I hope this name is chosen!

I voted for [name]Hazel[/name], because I love it. I want to like [name]Maxine[/name], but it makes me think of the old lady on the greeting cards. [name]Ivy[/name] is just ok for me. It’s no [name]Hazel[/name].
I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name].

I love [name]Ivy[/name], and [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Frances[/name] is my favorite from your lsit!! My second choice is [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Francine[/name]. [name]Both[/name] combos are nice choices. In my realm (southern [name]California[/name]), [name]Hazel[/name] is not popular, but more so than [name]Ivy[/name]. I don’t recall [name]EVER[/name] meeting any one named [name]Ivy[/name], and I don’t know anyone considering [name]Ivy[/name] for a future daughter. The other names, [name]Maxine[/name] and [name]Veda[/name], are not my style. To avoid your fear of having her hate her name, I would pass up [name]Maxine[/name], which seems the riskiest in that regard.

1. [name]Maxine[/name] [name]Veda[/name] – gorgeous combo!
  2. [name]Ivy[/name] [name]Frances[/name] – another great combo.
  3. [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Francine[/name] – this one is a distant third.

I had a coworker whose wife was named [name]Maxine[/name] and when I first heard him talk about her, I was so thrown off because I disliked the name so much, but the more I heard it and got to know her, the more I loved it and now I find this name quite charming and unique. I would [name]LOVE[/name] to meet a little [name]Maxine[/name]! I think this is one of those names that’s all about association. If people don’t have someone positive to associate it with, they don’t like it, but once you meet one who leaves a positive impression on you, that all changes. I hope that helps. Good luck!

P.S. [name]Just[/name] a note that you can’t possibly know what your daughter’s style will be and therefore can’t possible predict what names she’ll hate and what names she’ll love. The probability that she’ll hate [name]Ivy[/name] or [name]Hazel[/name] is just as high as the probability that she’ll hate [name]Maxine[/name]. You can’t possibly know, so don’t drive yourself crazy thinking about it. If she doesn’t like it, she can change it or go by her middle name. Or she could go by [name]Max[/name], which is ironically almost the total opposite of [name]Maxine[/name] in terms of name style on a girl. :slight_smile:

I voted [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Francine[/name]. I think [name]Hazel[/name] is trendy, but not as overly popular/trendy as [name]Ivy[/name]. Plus, [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Francine[/name] just sounds so amazing together!

I voted for [name]Hazel[/name] [name]Francine[/name]. I love the way the names sound together.

[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Francine[/name] (My favorite…striking!)
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Frances[/name] ([name]Just[/name] Ok, but nothing special)
[name]Maxine[/name] [name]Veda[/name] (I like [name]Maxine[/name] but [name]Veda[/name] does nothing for me)

[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Frances[/name] is beautiful! :slight_smile:

I think [name]Hazel[/name] is enchanting and [name]Francine[/name] sounds so pretty. When they are together they have a special something. I just love it!