Typecasting the Berries

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! So, everyone’s noticed certain patterns when it comes to nameberry users. So, I decided to create some categories for names people seem to like. Here’s what I have:

The traditionalist: [name_f]Mary[/name_f], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], [name_m]Archibald[/name_m], [name_m]Bernard[/name_m]

The fantasy lover: [name_u]Endellion[/name_u], Camelot, [name_m]Fintan[/name_m]

The greek admirer: [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], [name_u]Artemis[/name_u], [name_f]Circe[/name_f]

The _____ admirer: All names that fit a specific culture/place (e.g. Saoirse & Caiomhe or Colette and Delphine)

(NOTE: Greek just gets its own thing because it’s definitely a more prominent one)
(Also, I guess one could say that the traditionalist is like the old-english admirer- but I don’t mean old english like the official language, I mean old english like a long time ago in england)

The transitional (old but modern): [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]

The eclectic: Likes both [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] and [name_u]Madison[/name_u], Lilianinona and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]

The uncommon-but-known-ist: [name_f]Harriet[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Faye[/name_f]

The botanist: [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Daffodil[/name_f], [name_f]Azalea[/name_f], [name_u]Cedar[/name_u], [name_m]Sylvan[/name_m]

The meaningful-nameist: [name_f]Promise[/name_f], [name_f]Hope[/name_f], [insert family name]

The mood-swing follower: [name_f]Monday[/name_f]: [name_f]Kiki[/name_f] [name_u]Scout[/name_u]; [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f]: [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Gardenia[/name_f]; [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f]: Adrasteia Klytie

The simplisticist: [name_f]Ava[/name_f], [name_u]Kit[/name_u], [name_f]Bree[/name_f]

The nicknamer: Lou, Ted, Charlie

The Nostalgic: Literally invented for @leafsgirl44, it’s names like Heather and Courtney

The normal-ist: [name_u]Harlow[/name_u], [name_f]Jade[/name_f], [name_f]Cara[/name_f] (you know those names that just sound normal , even if they’re not too common?!?)

The traveler: [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f], [name_f]Athena[/name_f], [name_f]Liesel[/name_f]

The frilly-in-a-good-way lover: Like @choupette, it’s long and elegant names like Valentina Colette

The… Brave (er… whimsical) namer: Quintessa, Oceana, Echo

The classic berry: [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]

What category would you say that you are? What other categories do you see in people’s user cards? Most people are a combination of these, but these are the major trends that I’ve seen. What about you?

19 Likes

I think I’m the “classic berry”, but I’d also like to add:

The nicknamer: [name_u]Billie[/name_u], [name_f]Pippa[/name_f], [name_u]Freddie[/name_u], [name_u]Laurie[/name_u]

10 Likes

Classic [name_u]Berry[/name_u]! Also traditionalist, transitional, botanist and uncommon-but-known-ist :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel like I am a mixture of a few: The traditionalist, The transitional, The eclectic, The uncommon-but-known-ist & The meaningful-nameist.

1 Like

I feel like I’m a mix of the traveler, the mood-swinger, and the botanist!

I’m somewhere around the uncommon-but-known-ist and the traveler, I think!

1 Like

I am a mix of these styles:

The [name_f]Fantasy[/name_f] Lover
and
The Uncommon-But-Known-Ist
and
The [name_u]Traveler[/name_u]

and just the weirdo

5 Likes

I am the traditionalist, the traditional, the botanist and the simplisticist!

ohh this is sooo goood!! i feel as though i’m a mix between the traveller, classic berry, and nicknamer!!

I know most of us fit many of these categories but man I feel like I have a limb in every corner and not enough of them…

But… I’d say I’m mostly [name_m]Greco[/name_m]-[name_m]Roman[/name_m] eclectic botanist.

omg mood-swing follower just @ me next time :joy::joy::joy::joy: if i had the incentive to change my signature every hour i would!

6 Likes

I am a mix of several of these I think: the fantasy lover, the greek admirer, the uncommon-but-known-ist, and the classic berry!

Haha!

I’m an uncommon-but-known simplistic traveller in the first name spot, and a traditional uncommon fantasy-loving traveller in the middle spot.

:exploding_head:

Would also like to put forward “connoisseur of clunkiness” as a sub-category of “tradtionalist” :wink:

6 Likes

I think I’m a meaningful nameist to a fault! Although some of my guilty pleasures are in other categories you listed!

I’m definitely normal-ist and I suppose traditionalist? I’ve got a few that could fall under the traveller and the nicknamer too.

@dogs_books - ooh I love the nostalgic!! i’m honoured :tipping_hand_woman:t3::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I think I’m mostly on the uncommon-but-known list, with a few favourites in other categories like the traditionalist and classic berry.

I’m not really sure what category my taste fits into. I would say I like uncommon but familiar names, often with spiritual or historical significance. So a bit of the uncommon-but-known-ist, and a bit of the meaningful-nameist.

I’m also a lover of [name_u]French[/name_u] names, so I would suggest a new category, “the [name_u]French[/name_u] admirer”.

2 Likes

My suggested category: Whimsical

(names like [name_f]Quintessa[/name_f], [name_f]Oceana[/name_f], [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f], [name_m]Varian[/name_m], [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u], [name_m]Caledon[/name_m], [name_u]Echo[/name_u], [name_u]Ember[/name_u], [name_f]Arabesque[/name_f], Perseverance, etc)

4 Likes

@Gia.berry, I’d definitely peg you as a traditionalist!

1 Like

Okay- editing the original post to add the suggested categories!

1 Like