Ugh, could I have a Max and Emme?

Due any day with a boy and scrambling for a name. Dd is already [name_f]Emme[/name_f] and I don’t care about a matching sibset per se, more the pop culture reference. I didn’t set out to have kids the same names as JLo, not even a fan of hers. But we aren’t agreeing on names and I would like to keep a back up list, of which I kind of like [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m]. But should I shy away from it?

No…I didn’t know what her kids’ names are, and I’m a fan.

I think [name_f]Emme[/name_f] and [name_u]Max[/name_u] make a very nice sibling set. I had no idea JLo’s kid’s are [name_f]Emme[/name_f] and [name_u]Max[/name_u]. I wouldn’t let that bother me or stop me. I am guessing the majority of people in this world would not know JLo’s children’s names were [name_f]Emme[/name_f] and [name_u]Max[/name_u].

Well, techhhhhnically, they’re [name_f]Emme[/name_f] and [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m]. :slight_smile: I think [name_f]Emme[/name_f] and [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] are adorable together, though. Is [name_f]Emme[/name_f] short for something (like [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] or [name_u]Emerson[/name_u]?) or is it just [name_f]Emme[/name_f]? I think if it was [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] and [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m], I would worry even less. But either way, [name_f]Emme[/name_f] and [name_u]Max[/name_u] are adorable together, and obviously it doesn’t seem like most people know, so I wouldn’t be too worried. :slight_smile:

The only reason I knew that [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_f]Emme[/name_f] were JLo’s kids name is because I’m a complete dork and took a “what should you name your kid” quiz and it was on there…so i think it’s safe to say most people don’t do that. But to answer your question, yes you can definitely have a [name_u]Max[/name_u] and an [name_f]Emme[/name_f]. [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] is a great name and they make a great sibset. If we weren’t able to use celebrities name or their kids names, what names would us common folk have left anyways!!! Go for it!!

I immediatly though of one of my sons’ favorite shows, Dragon Tales, where the main characters are [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] and [name_u]Max[/name_u]. I am also aware of JLO’s [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_f]Emme[/name_f]. It is too much pop culture reference for my taste, but cute sibset and I wouldn’t think terrible of someone if they had the sibset. I would just assume they like Dragon Tales or JLO.

I didn’t even know they were her kids’ names. I think you’re safe. Plus, I don’t think you should let anyone else dictate what you can and can’t name your kids. If you like [name_f]Emme[/name_f] and [name_u]Max[/name_u], go for it.

Go for it!! No one remembers celebrity kids names, don’t let it hold you back! I love [name_f]Emme[/name_f] and [name_u]Max[/name_u]

I think it’s fine. The average person doesn’t know the names of JLo’s children. [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and [name_u]Max[/name_u] are both common names anyway.

I had no idea either. They do sound good together. If you’re uncomfortable with it though, I sure you could come up with another name you like as much. Maybe another short but strong name, like [name_m]Jack[/name_m], [name_u]Sam[/name_u], [name_m]Eli[/name_m], [name_m]Levi[/name_m], [name_u]Rhys[/name_u], [name_u]Reid[/name_u]/[name_u]Reed[/name_u], etc.

I had no idea JLo’s kids were [name_f]Emme[/name_f] and [name_u]Max[/name_u], and even now that you mention it it doesn’t ring any bells. It’s totally fine to use them for a sibset.

I had no idea what her kids names or do I care I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the name [name_u]Max[/name_u] and that’s why my son who is due in Oct is going to be named that:) I think it sounds absolutely adorable with [name_f]Emme[/name_f]!! [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t let someone who had nothing to do with your life have an influence on what you name your baby especially when the name is [name_u]Max[/name_u] no one is going to associate it with her just an awesome name:) people tell me all my kids are dog names [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] who is 3 [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] who is 22 months and my new baby [name_u]Max[/name_u] but I don’t let that stop me:))

I knew JLo’s kids were [name_f]Emme[/name_f] and [name_u]Max[/name_u], but with the popularity of [name_u]Max[/name_u]/[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] and [name_f]Emma[/name_f]/[name_f]Emily[/name_f]/[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]/[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]/[name_u]Emery[/name_u]/[name_f]Emme[/name_f] I can’t imagine that they’re the only sibset on [name_f]Earth[/name_f] that could be called [name_f]Emme[/name_f] and [name_u]Max[/name_u]. They sound really good together - current but classic. If it bothers you, I think it would be less noticeable if you called the boy [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m]. And to put it in some amount of perspective: If your daughter was named [name_f]Willow[/name_f] and you were considering naming your son [name_u]Jaden[/name_u], it would be a different story - that combination screams [name_m]Will[/name_m] and [name_f]Jada[/name_f] Pinkett [name_m]Smith[/name_m]'s children, whereas to me, [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_f]Emme[/name_f] don’t have nearly that strong a connection to JLo.

I too had no idea what the reference was until you said! I think you’d be safe with [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_f]Emme[/name_f].

Too Jlo fo rme.

When you said “Could I have a [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_f]Emme[/name_f]?” [name_f]My[/name_f] first thought was of the children’s TV show “Dragon Tales”. The main characters’ names are [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_f]Emme[/name_f]. I had no idea they were the names of JLo’s kids. That being said, I think they make a wonderful sib set.

I had no idea they were the names of JLO’s kids! They are hardly in the spotlight I don’t think many people know. I’d say you are safe.

Well, pre-JLo there was a kid’s cartoon called Dragon Tales where the two children are named [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_f]Emmy[/name_f]. It’s my niece’s favorite show so I think of that, personally.

Disregarding both associations I think it’s a great sibset. [name_f]Emme[/name_f] and [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] “[name_u]Max[/name_u]” would be nice.