Ugh, Dodge is out! Need new MN for Donald!

So as I think all the berries probably know by now, [name]Donald[/name] is going to be the name of my first boy, after my beloved grandfather [name]Donald[/name]. At first it was going to be [name]Jack[/name] [name]Donald[/name] [name]Dodge[/name], but then [name]Jack[/name] skyrocketed to popularity and hubby and I decided we would both be fine with just [name]Donald[/name] [name]Dodge[/name]. (the D______ [name]Dodge[/name], double middle name is something all the boys on my dad’s side have)

Now there’s been a sudden, huge rift between me and my dad’s side of the family. I’m not speaking to any of them, and since [name]Dodge[/name] is a family name from that side, I don’t think it would be appropriate to use it. So I’m down to just [name]Donald[/name], no middle name. I only really want one middle, the double-D middle name was a family thing also from dad’s side. To make things worse, we have a really difficult last name… Hoagland. It’s not that bad on paper, but it’s so clunky that it’s ruined a lot of good names for me.

So far my options are…
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Oscar[/name] Hoagland - hubby’s father and grandfather’s MN are both [name]Oscar[/name]. Are initials DOH okay or not?
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Christopher[/name] Hoagland - hubby is [name]Christopher[/name] [name]Raymond[/name] after his father, so continuing that line.
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Paul[/name] Hoagland - my grandfather’s full name.
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Raymond[/name] Hoagland - hubby’s father and grandfather’s FNs are both [name]Raymond[/name].
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] Hoagland - after [name]Chris[/name]'s brother, [name]Matthew[/name].

I’m not in love with any of these, though. I’d be happy with any name that sounds good in the middle since the first name has SO MUCH meaning to us. Can you suggest any?

I hope that things get better between you and your family soon. From the other options you listed, I like [name]Donald[/name] [name]Christopher[/name] and [name]Donald[/name] [name]Paul[/name]. Here are some other ideas:

[name]Donald[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Russell[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Clyde[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Charles[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]John[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Warren[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Simon[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Joshua[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Owen[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Clark[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]George[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Liam[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Levi[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Tyler[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Campbell[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Reid[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Zachary[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Asher[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Ian[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Eli[/name]

Anything appeal?

Wow, thanks for your list! I like a lot of the combos you suggested, but my favorites are:
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Warren[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Clark[/name]

My mom suggested a few more family names for me, also. WDYT of…
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Wallace[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Stewart[/name]
[name]Donald[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] (these are all old family surnames)

My favorite from your list are [name]Donald[/name] [name]Christopher[/name] and [name]Donald[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]. [name]Just[/name] as a side note, for middle names for boys my mental fall-back is always [name]James[/name]. (It compliments most boys’ names fairly well imo.)

I think that [name]Donald[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] would make an outstanding choice. [name]Patrick[/name] is classic, handsome, and you can’t go wrong with it. From your mom’s suggestions, I love [name]Donald[/name] [name]Henry[/name]. The others sort of fall flat with me.