Ugh. George was our frontrunner. What would you do?

I don’t think you should let The [name]Royal[/name] [name]Baby[/name] affect your decision. I think most people will understand that you picked out the name before the prince was born. Besides, its not like its a terrible association.

Secondly, even though you might not like the negative associations (like [name]George[/name] Zimmerman) keep in mind all of the POSITIVE associations. If you look really hard enough you’ll probably find something bad about [name]EVERY[/name] name.

Now, personally. I don’t really care for [name]George[/name]. I think its a bit boring for my tastes. But hey, that’s just me. If I met a little [name]George[/name] its not like I would pull a face. It may not be my cup of tea, but it ain’t awful.

I thought the same thing today. [name]George[/name] [name]Washington[/name]…would definitely quiet someone up if they brought up the [name]Prince[/name].

Everyone’s comments are so good to hear. The points about [name]George[/name] being a classic is exactly the reason we picked [name]Henry[/name]. They are so traditional you cant really associate just 1 person with names like these. I think I just got swept up in the moment with all the news of the prince. Thank you for making the big picture clear again all.

Go with [name]George[/name]. I don’t see any reason not to.

[name]George[/name] Peppard. Breakfast at [name]Tiffany[/name]'s.

It is a glorious name. Totally go for it!!!

I think you should keep it. In the states, I bet many people won’t make the connection to the royal baby. Plus, people who know you already have a son named [name]Henry[/name] probably won’t assume that you’re copying the royal couple since [name]George[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] are the same style. It fits perfectly with [name]Henry[/name]. If you want, you can tell people you had it picked out beforehand. Especially if you love it (which it sounds like you do)…keep it.

Quite honestly, when I hear [name]George[/name], [name]George[/name] [name]Washington[/name] is the first name to come to mind and always will be. I strongly disliked [name]George[/name] [name]Bush[/name] and think the [name]George[/name] Zimmerman thing is a travesty, but still, I believe [name]George[/name] is a great, historic name. Too good of a name with too much history to be ruined by some bad [name]George[/name] seeds. Best wishes!

I think that [name]George[/name] is a classic choice that sounds great with [name]Henry[/name]. If you will lose your mind if you hear, “Oh, like [name]Will[/name] & [name]Kate[/name]'s little [name]George[/name].” or if you will scream if someone calls your son a little prince, maybe you should move on. If you could care less about comments like that, and if you really adore the name, I think you should go ahead and use it. As the years pass so will the association.

[name]January[/name] is a long way away. I doubt met people will even make the association by then, especially since [name]George[/name] isn’t an unusual name.

As for George Zimmerman, that association will fade even sooner. It’s only on everyone’s mind because the verdict came in within the last couple of weeks.

All that to say I would use George without any reservations!

I think I would keep [name]George[/name]. I love that name. It is one that we are looking at. ( even with the new prince).

1. No (don’t seriously reconsider).

2. No (it’s not a bad choice).

3. [name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]

and

[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Felix[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Leopold[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] [name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Louis[/name] [name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name] [name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Philip[/name] [name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Simon[/name]
[name]Walter[/name] [name]Julius[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]Jasper[/name]

I would stick with [name]George[/name].

I’m not overly fond of the name [name]George[/name] (thought I do [name]LOVE[/name] both [name]George[/name] [name]Bush[/name] and [name]George[/name] W [name]Bush[/name].) [name]George[/name] Zimmerman was found not guilty so that’s not an issue for me either. I probably wouldn’t stick with it because this year, it will gain popularity and it will appear that you just “jumped on the bandwagon” even though you didn’t. I suggest choosing another name or calling him by his middle name if you stick with [name]George[/name].

[name]George[/name] is a boring-ish name, like [name]Micheal[/name]. I would suggest something more interesting, like [name]Alfred[/name] [name]Richard[/name], nn [name]Alfie[/name].

I’d stick with [name]George[/name], you baby and the prince are far enough apart that most people won’t think they have anything to do with it. I could see changing if he was due next week or you had pick [name]George[/name] [name]Alexander[/name].

1. I’d say keep it if you love it.

2. [name]George[/name] is a nice name. I prefer [name]Georgia[/name], the female version, though.

3. [name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]

[name]Desmond[/name]
[name]Cyrus[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Quentin[/name]
[name]Norman[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Byron[/name]
[name]Ivan[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Virgil[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Jorah[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Ezekiel[/name]

Edited for privacy.

I agree with all of this!

[name]George[/name] [name]Frederick[/name] is a great name! I don’t think you should change your selection because of the royal baby. While [name]George[/name] isn’t very common nowadays, it’s still a classic that reaches beyond the monarchy. Everyone in the royal family has a very traditional name. [name]William[/name], [name]Harry[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Kate[/name], [name]Charles[/name]. It isn’t an homage to [name]Windsor[/name] Castle to use one this handsome classic!

I love [name]George[/name]! I would use it even with the [name]Prince[/name] of Cambridge, maybe even because of the [name]Prince[/name] (who wouldn’t want to have the same name as a prince?). I agree with the previous comments that [name]George[/name] [name]Frederick[/name] sounds like [name]Fred[/name] and [name]George[/name] Weasley, but if that doesn’t bother you, GO FOR IT!

I have to second [name]Frederick[/name] [name]George[/name]! What a great name!

Depending where you live, the answers could vary. But most importantly, if you REALLY loved [name]George[/name], you wouldn’t be questioning it. I mean if you don’t care about popularity and you REALLY love the name you wouldn’t be needing our help. It sounds like you had some reservations pre-prince [name]George[/name]. Assuming you live in [name]America[/name], the [name]Bush[/name] association has faded but the Zimmerman case is extremely relevant right now. However, I don’t think [name]George[/name] has extreme ties to Zimmerman because he’s mostly known as just that- Zimmerman. Basically, the last name is more associated with him. I think you should look at more names, you’ve got a while and I think you should look for a name that you won’t sway on.

That being said, here are some classic names that might spark your interest-

[name]Albert[/name]
[name]Alfred[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
Leopald
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Martin[/name]
[name]Philip[/name]
[name]Raymond[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Victor[/name]
[name]Walter[/name]

Also, why not use [name]Frederick[/name] as the first name? If not, I suggest keeping it in the middle as he is quite handsome.