Ugh Vera.. Maybe Vereya?

What’s your honest opinion on Vereya?
I realize its a city not a name. Pn - [name_m]Veer[/name_m]-ray-uh
Still a little hung up on [name_f]Vera[/name_f] looking for something similar.

I love [name_f]Vera[/name_f]…just [name_f]Vera[/name_f]. Beautiful!

I think you keep coming back to [name_f]Vera[/name_f] for a reason.

Maybe try calling her [name_f]Vera[/name_f] for a few weeks, see how it feels, and if it feels right, change it. I think if you keep looking for the perfect compromise between what you like and what others like she’ll never have a new name.

Out of curiosity, what have you been calling her in the meantime, since you decided to rename her? Is she getting to an age where she’ll start recognizing her name?

I do enjoy vera, my mom claims she hates it seems to familar & old. Also has a bad connection to verawang for both of us but I try to not associate that. At this point im also leaning towards [name_f]Mary[/name_f] in total honor of my [name_f]Nan[/name_f] but I hate the familiarity &plainness I get from it, or [name_f]Stasia[/name_f]/[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] which seems full.

Its been longer than I like after contemplating this so I tried going back to Auriana again to see if id come around. She’s almost 5 months & I said I wouldnt do it after that mark. She responds most the time to my voice so its hard to tell, I dont think shw has a concept of names yet. I kinda agree with you on the compromise part, wish I woulda avoided that from the start! Lol

It doesn’t sound like you’re going to be happy until you change her name to [name_f]Vera[/name_f]. Your mother will get over it. It’s her granddaughter; all of her negative associations with the name will soon be replaced by your baby’s smiling face. I think you should just go for [name_f]Vera[/name_f].

That said, I’m not a fan of Veraya. [name_f]Verona[/name_f], maybe?

I think you just need to go with [name_f]Vera[/name_f], or something like [name_f]Verona[/name_f] nn [name_f]Vera[/name_f] like the pp suggested. [name_f]Mary[/name_f]-[name_f]Vera[/name_f] or [name_f]Vera[/name_f]-[name_f]Mary[/name_f] would make a lovely double barreled name if you wanted to go that direction. You love [name_f]Vera[/name_f], and it sounds like your daughter is [name_f]Vera[/name_f]. Vereya sounds like another compromise name, which got you in trouble the first time around. Use the name you love, your mom will come around. Let your mom call her “V” as a nn if she really doesn’t like [name_f]Vera[/name_f]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] use [name_f]Vera[/name_f], you know that’s what you want and you’ll regret not naming her [name_f]Vera[/name_f], now go for it!