Uh Oh, "Vowel Run-on"

[name]Hi[/name], Berries.

My 8 month old daughter is named [name]Alice[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Emery[/name]. Sometimes I still have doubts about our choice! I have no intention to change her name, I’m simply curious to hear your thoughts on this matter.

Vowel run-on: How First / Middle / Last Names Can Play Nice Together

Does [name]Alice[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Emery[/name] have good flow? Does [name]Alice[/name] [name]Emery[/name] blend together too much? Did we commit vowel run-on in a bad way?

Looking forward to your replies!

[name]Cordelia[/name] ends with a different sound than what sound [name]Emery[/name] begins with, so it doesn’t run together in a way that, let’s say, [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Alice[/name] would. It’s a beautiful combo, I wouldn’t change it.

It’s not an over the moon fantastically flowing combo, but it’s not bad. I actually really like [name]Alice[/name] [name]Emery[/name]–it has a lovely sound.
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Emery[/name] has different enough cadence that I think it’s works okay.
What might have been a tad better is a 1 or 2 syllable final name: [name]Alice[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Mae[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Maisy[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Eve[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Ember[/name]

Interesting feedback! [name]Emery[/name] is the last name, so I’m glad you like [name]Alice[/name] [name]Emery[/name]!

Oh! I thought from the link you posted with all the double middles that it was a second mn. [name]Even[/name] better. Then I love it!

Oh, yay! I’m happy to hear that!

[name]Love[/name] it it sounds fine

Gorgeous name! I wouldn’t worry about it. It sounds fine.

Excellent. Thanks for the replies. [name]Man[/name], THE PARADOX OF CHOICE when it comes to baby naming can really come back to haunt a person!

[name]Alice[/name] ends in an S sound, so it doesn’t smoosh an E sound at all. It just rolls off the tongue more easily when you say her name. [name]Alice[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Emery[/name] is a lovely name.

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name] is a little clunky, but not bad. They’re both great names and [name]Alice[/name] [name]Emery[/name] is perfection. You don’t have anything to worry about. You have a beautifully named little girl!

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Emery[/name] is really pretty. :slight_smile:

I think it’s a great name! You don’t really have “vowel run-on” happening. [name]Alice[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Emery[/name] is lovely :slight_smile:

I agree -I think [name]Alice[/name] [name]Emery[/name] is great. She will also have a fun nickname with her initials, [name]ACE[/name]!

I think you chose an A.C.E. of a name! If she’s as sweet as her name, you are lucky parents!

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Emery[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name] are both fabulous! Your daughter has a lovely name.

TBH, I didn’t read the article – just going on instinct here: [name]Alice[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] [name]Emery[/name] both sound amazing and gorgeous!!! I can’t find anything at all to dislike about these combos. [name]Just[/name] gorgeous!!! Fantastic naming, if you don’t mind my saying. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Oh my goodness, I [name]JUST[/name] realized there was a whole second page of comments that I hadn’t read before posting ‘Thank you!’. Yeesh. I’m excited to read them now. Heh.

Aw, those are such positive thoughts! Thank you all for sharing. It helps to know our squishy little love’s name is appreciated by others.
We are tremendously lucky parents, indeed!