Umm...

Well I’m not saying I have a problem, but its definitely something I wasn’t prepared for.

My mom is an identical twin. Her name is [name]Lisa[/name] and her twin’s name is [name]Linda[/name]. My aunt [name]Linda[/name] has a daughter who has twins of her own. I had a hunch based on how sick and fatigued I’ve been, but I was kind of hoping to be wrong.

We are expecting twins. Fraternals. While it would be wonderful to be having one of each and not have to worry about coming up with another girls name, we have to think about it. We’ve decided on [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] for one girls name, but we need another.

[name]Dan[/name] is still deciding on boys names, so unfortunately I have nothing to share on that front. :frowning:

Any ideas for names that could go well with [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name]?

[name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Imogen[/name] and …

[name]Cecilia[/name] - I just worry that this one would be hard to say with [name]Beatrice[/name] all the time. [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Cecilia[/name] … a lot of S sounds.
[name]Cecily[/name] - ditto [name]Cecilia[/name] and the S sounds.
[name]Coral[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Verity[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] - more popular than [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name], but still a classic. [name]Viola[/name] is a less popular alternative. [name]Violetta[/name] also would be worth a try, with the lovely nickname [name]Etta[/name]. I don’t know how you feel about ‘matchy’ names, but it would be a floral connection to [name]Beatrice[/name]'s middle [name]Lillian[/name], too. Actually, along this line I think that [name]Primrose[/name] and [name]Rosetta[/name] would both work so well, and maybe [name]Rosanna[/name] too.

Good luck!
[name]Auburn[/name]

With [name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name], I think I’d go with another Shakespearean name:

[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Cressida[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Nerissa[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Portia[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Silvia[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]

Otherwise, I think that these might fit, too:

[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]

[name]Will[/name] you be using a floral name, like [name]Bryony[/name] and [name]Lillian[/name]? If so, here are some:

[name]Amaryllis[/name]
[name]Aster[/name]
[name]Azalea[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Camellia[/name]
[name]Daffodil[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Fleur[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Fuchsia[/name]
[name]Hyacinth[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Jacinta[/name]
[name]Jasmine[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Jonquil[/name]
[name]Laelia[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Magnolia[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Orchid[/name]
[name]Peony[/name]
[name]Petunia[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Primrose[/name]
[name]Tansy[/name]
[name]Tulip[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Zinnia[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Wow, from one baby to three in a year–you have a lot to digest all of a sudden. As I think I mentioned in another post, I’m currently expecting an Irish Twin to my son born last [name]October[/name]–new baby girl will be here in just a little over a month. In addition to my son, I have a 4 year old daughter, so it’s a lot, I know, to get your head around! I’ve spent a lot of my pregnancy stressing, but my husband and I reason that it’s going to be one or two really insane years, and then it will be really wonderful. A lot of people have been telling me that the transition from one to two is much harder than from two to three… of course, I realize you’ll be making the whole transition in one fall swoop. I think the hardest thing is being so tired during one’s pregnancy with an infant who’s still not sleeping regularly, needing to be carried a lot, etc. Now that I’m entering the home stretch it’s really getting tough, but I do feel a lot more relaxed than I did at the beginning, I must say.

As for names, I love the name [name]Josephine[/name], and the nn’s [name]Jo[/name] or [name]Josie[/name]. I think I might steer away from another Shakespearean name, especially if it’s an obvious one. But that’s really a matter of personal preference and how much you want or don’t want a ‘theme’. I think the name [name]Violet[/name] (as someone else suggested) goes well with [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] (I think I mentioned in my last post that I have a [name]Beatrice[/name] and might name baby girl [name]Imogen[/name]?) [name]Vi[/name] is a cute nickname, or I think [name]Vivi[/name] also works. I also think a rarely used classic like [name]Jane[/name] would go well. I’ve always found [name]Jane[/name] strong but sweet in the way [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] also are, and it also has a real history like the other two, which is nice. If you did want to stick with a Shakespearean theme, what about [name]Marina[/name]? I’ve always found it lovely and unexpected, and the nickname [name]Mari[/name] would be adorable. It also doesn’t scream Shakespearean so that may be a subtle way to keep a theme going without hitting people in the head with it. Another name I’ll just throw out there is [name]Edith[/name] nn [name]Edie[/name], just because I adore it…I also like [name]Frida[/name] and find it strong like [name]Beatrice[/name]/[name]Imogen[/name], but it seems that name may be a hard sell for most. I think one could use the nn [name]Edie[/name] with [name]Frida[/name]–it’s not so much of a reach.

Good luck.

CONGRATS!!! This is very exciting! I love [name]Emmeline[/name] and think it works well with [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name]!

Wow, [name]Bryony[/name]! From a twin to an expectant mom of twins, I offer you my sincere congratulations!

Okay, so you mentioned in your other thread that you had decided on [name]Emmeline[/name], a name I love, but I share some of the concerns of other posters about the closeness of [name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name]. You asked if we had ideas, and here are some of mine:

[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Bryony[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Lillian[/name], and…

[name]Amabel[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Georgina[/name]
[name]Jemima[/name]
[name]Rosamond[/name]

Also loved the [name]Shakespeare[/name] idea, so here are my thoughts:

[name]Cassandra[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] - From Much [name]Ado[/name] About Nothing, like [name]Beatrice[/name]. Fun connection for twins!
[name]Paulina[/name]

Or, some more ideas:

[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Philippa[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]

My favorites with [name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] are [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Georgina[/name], [name]Helena[/name], [name]Louisa[/name], [name]Margaret[/name], and [name]Ramona[/name]. I especially love [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Louisa[/name], and [name]Ramona[/name]! So, so perfect together, if you ask me. For flower middle names, I’d also stick with that three-syllable pattern, and some I like are:

[name]Daffodil[/name]
[name]Gardenia[/name]
[name]Hyacinth[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name]

I also think the very classic [name]Violet[/name] fits perfectly with [name]Bryony[/name] and [name]Lillian[/name], though the natural [name]Clementine[/name] would be fun, too. So, overall, I’d pick [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Violet[/name], [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Marigold[/name], [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Violet[/name], [name]Ramona[/name] [name]Violet[/name], or [name]Ramona[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] for [name]Gen[/name] and [name]Bea[/name]'s sister! [name]Louisa[/name] would be nice so all three girls have one-syllable nicknames - [name]Gen[/name], [name]Bea[/name], and [name]Lou[/name], though they could use the two-syllable [name]Immy[/name], [name]Beah[/name], and [name]Lulu[/name], too! [name]Just[/name] some ideas…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I had no idea that [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] were both Shakespearean (sp?) names. I would’ve thought that [name]Dan[/name] (our history/literature nut) would catch that connection. Is that going to seem like a trend then? [name]Leopold[/name] isn’t Shakespearean is it?

I do like [name]Margaret[/name] but it is currently 187? right now, where [name]Imogen[/name] isn’t even in the Top 1,000 and [name]Beatrice[/name] is 860.

[name]Adelaide[/name] is one we adore! But if we have two girls, it would be [name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] (A & B)…is that a bad thing?
We like [name]Georgina[/name], but its too close to [name]Georgiana[/name], which is [name]Ingrid[/name]'s first mn.

I’ve always had a thing for [name]Lucy[/name], is there any variation of that name that would work well with [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name]?

I like [name]Rosamund[/name] and [name]Rosamond[/name] in theory, but I can’t imagine myself saying it 100 times a day. What about [name]Rosalind[/name]? That one I like, and it kind of already has a flower in the name…

Aww, crap! ([name]Hope[/name] that’s not considered cussing…lemme know if it is)

[name]Rosalind[/name] is Shakespearean…from As you Like it according to my literature nut hubby.

Maybe its meant to be.

[name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Guinevere[/name]
[name]Gwendolyn[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Millicent[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Louise[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Marion[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Althea[/name]
[name]Agnes[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]

Any MN ideas for [name]Rosalind[/name]?

[name]Bryony[/name],

No, the [name]Shakespeare[/name] theme is very subtle. [name]Even[/name] [name]Dan[/name] didn’t catch on at first, and he knows literature, right? And, no, I don’t think [name]Leopold[/name] is Shakespearean…

[name]Adelaide[/name] is absolutely perfect with [name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name], and there is nothing wrong with using A and B, even for twins. It’s not a big deal, and I’m saying this as a twin. It actually could make naming them “simpler” - Twin A could be [name]Adelaide[/name] and Twin B could be [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Lillian[/name]. I think [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Violet[/name] would be perfect with [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Bryony[/name]…

And, [name]Rosalind[/name] is gorgeous, as is the also-Shakespearean [name]Rosaline[/name]. My only concern there is that [name]Rose[/name] is a flower name. Would you give her a nature middle name, too? [name]Rosaline[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] is pretty! [name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Hyacinth[/name] is fun, too!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I like [name]Rosalind[/name] the least of your choices although it is still nice. I prefer [name]Emmaline[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name]. Maybe you can use [name]Lucy[/name] in the middle spot.

To be honest, I’m not sure how many people will pick up on the [name]Shakespeare[/name] connection, and it’s certainly subtle enough that it wouldn’t stand out if you later picked a non-Shakespearean name for another child. I’m familiar with a lot of [name]Shakespeare[/name]'s plays and it honestly didn’t occur to me. [name]Imogen[/name] is a popular name here in [name]England[/name], so it’s linked enough with real people for me that I only think of [name]Shakespeare[/name] if I’m really doing an in depth analising of the name. [name]Beatrice[/name], too, is just a lovely vintage name for me, and the first literary connection I think of is [name]Dante[/name].

It’s different from choosing very rare and obviously Shakespearean names such as [name]Hermione[/name] or Touchstone, or from choosing the most well-known Shakespearean names, those ingrained in pop culture, like [name]Juliet[/name]. Certainly most people who aren’t ‘name nerds’ probably won’t make the connection.

In short, I really don’t think it’s a problem, and it shouldn’t stop you using a name you adore.

Good luck! [name]Auburn[/name]

I’m seconding these suggestions! [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] are brilliant names on their own, as twins, and as sisters to [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Bryony[/name]. I also adore all [name]Rose[/name] names, including [name]Rosalind[/name] and [name]Rosaline[/name]. If [name]Rose[/name] plus another flower is too floral for you, another nature name could loosely fit with the middle name theme, still (although I think you could abandon it altogether if she already has a floral first, if you wanted to). Maybe a plant name like [name]Clover[/name] or [name]Ivy[/name]; a herb name like [name]Sage[/name], [name]Ginger[/name] or [name]Saffron[/name]; a fruit name like [name]Plum[/name] or [name]Clementine[/name]; a bird name like [name]Lark[/name] or [name]Wren[/name]; or maybe even the quirky [name]Meadow[/name].

Good luck! [name]Auburn[/name]

Since [name]Beatrice[/name] means “she who brings happiness” and will be followed with a flower name, you could follow [name]Rosalind[/name] (a flower like name) up with a name that means happiness. Here are a few…

[name]Rosaline[/name] [name]Feliz[/name] (or [name]Felicity[/name])
[name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Aine[/name] (or [name]Anya[/name])
[name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Alisa[/name]
[name]Rosaline[/name] [name]Bliss[/name]
Rosline [name]Leda[/name]

I also think that [name]Harriet[/name] or [name]Charlotte[/name] (to avoid repeats) could go well with both [name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name].

Ultimately, I love the suggestion of [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Violet[/name] with [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Bryony[/name]…if you ever have a boy though, it might make for some interesting naming issues. :slight_smile:

Best of [name]Luck[/name]!