Uncommon Biblical name- thoughts?

I found a new name (to me at least)- used by a family on youtube. I’ve always liked biblical names more for the name than anything but this family have used one I’ve never come across before Hannahniah (pronounced Han-na-ny-ah/Han-na-ny-uh, with the ‘uh’ option being quite soft). After some name research this tends to be a boys name but they used it on their girl and I really love it and had to share!

Has anyone else come across this name before? And what are your thoughts, more for a boy or girl or in general?

I’ve never heard of this name, I would assume Hannahniah was a girl due to the very obvious [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]. However I don’t like it, I like [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] alone but it seems made up with the -niah part on the end.

I’ve never came across this name and it doesn’t give me a particularly insight on gender solely based on sound. I think it leans more to boy for me, though. It sounds nice enough, reminiscent of [name_m]Jedediah[/name_m] to my ears. I’m not a fan of the spelling, though, and am not that fond of the name in general personally (it sounds almost made up [which I know that it is not], honestly). I do think I’d raise my eyebrows a little at meeting a little Hannahniah, though, just because I’m not familiar with any Biblical connection.

ETA: Hananiah is a much better and functional spelling, as well as being true to the Biblical connections.

Never heard of it, but I would have assumed it to be female because of [name_f]Hannah[/name_f], and I actually like [name_f]Naia[/name_f] for a girl. It does sound like a deliberate smoosh of those two, but that doesn’t turn me off. I think it has a nice sound but that you’d end up calling her either just [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] or [name_f]Naia[/name_f]. For a boy…idk, Han? [name_m]Nye[/name_m]? Written out it looks like too too much. I think spelling it Hananiah cleans it up and makes it slightly more masculine.

There are actually several characters in the Bible named this or [name_m]Ananias[/name_m] (a variant). Is that how they spell it? Because it’s generally Hananiah. It feels masculine to me, but I’ve grown up with it.

I prefer [name_m]Ananias[/name_m].

I have heard of that name, and it’s not my favorite, because of the length. But it might make a great middle, and you could call her [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]. I love [name_f]Hephzibah[/name_f], [name_f]Hosanna[/name_f], and [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f], personally. The Bible is rich in great H names, but all three of those I’d put in as middles, too.

Echoing @ash - the spelling used in the Bible is Hananiah and it’s a male name.

Yes, I’m familiar with Hananiah. It’s a male name. I guess they chose the spelling to “feminize” it but Hannahniah convoluted.
I prefer [name_m]Ananias[/name_m]

I have met the name on the Bible but not on a real person. There’s an actress who has this name as a surname {say something like [name_m]Johnson[/name_m]}, I think she’s Greek but I am not sure.
I am neutral towards it, I wouldn’t use it but I don’t hate or dislike it. In my language there is a low possibility for something to be mispronounced but I don’t know if it would be easily pronounced in [name_u]America[/name_u].
I think it would be interesting to meet someone with this name.

If I used this name, it would be on a boy. I really dislike unisex names and using the name for the opposite gender