Undecided again...

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all

Sorry to keep posting. I am undecided again about the spelling of my name. A few days ago I settled on [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. However I keep coming back to the spelling [name_f]Lucie[/name_f]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think I meant to be [name_f]Lucie[/name_f] and not [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]? I know they are same name just different spellings. As a reminder [name_f]Lucie[/name_f] is my family’s spelling.

So I am asking again. Which spelling do you prefer and why? [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucie[/name_f].

Thanks in advance.

My sister is a [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], despite the fact that we are of [name_m]French[/name_m] descent and Frenchies usually spell it [name_f]Lucie[/name_f]. People will ask her, “L-U-C-Y?” and sometimes will misspell it as [name_f]Lucie[/name_f]. Although one time, she was Luch on a school form and now her nn is Luch shrugs shoulders.

I prefer [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], just because I think it is more natural in an English-speaking country. Go find a rack of name keychains - [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] will be on there, and [name_f]Lucie[/name_f] will not.

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is a great name, BTW, you’ve made an excellent choice :slight_smile:

I say go with [name_f]Lucy[/name_f].

I love both but I eventually chose [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] because of the [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] Pevensie reference. If you’re not bothered about the occasional spelling correction, I think [name_f]Lucie[/name_f]'s really nice (especially since it’s a family name for you!), but personally [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is my pick.

Personally I prefer [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], it’s the one I would use on a child. I just prefer ‘y’ ending to ‘ie’ endings, they look neater.

However, I think [name_f]Lucie[/name_f] is the one for you. You seem to like it more, it has a family connection, and I don’t think you having to spell it out occasionally is going to be that big a deal - even people with really common names/spellings have to spell them out sometimes.

Thank you everyone for posting. I am still confused so is there any more opinions?

I’ve always liked [name_f]Lucie[/name_f] and [name_f]Luci[/name_f] (as a nn for [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], probably) more than [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], and [name_f]Lucie[/name_f] being a family name is even more of a bonus! I would say [name_f]Lucie[/name_f], especially if you keep coming back to it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I strongly prefer [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and it would be easier to live with. However, you seem to really love [name_f]Lucie[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Lucie[/name_f] is for you.