Undecided

I have a huge problem… I absolutely love the name [name]River[/name] for a boy.
The problem is friends and family dislike this name they associate “old man river” with it.
Should I just go with it?

Second, the middle name…here’s my thoughts so far and keep in mind the daddy’s last name is actually the word French and he wants the name to flow…
Middle name choices: [name]Chace[/name], [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Phoenix[/name], [name]Grayson[/name].

[name]River[/name] [name]Grayson[/name] French would be my choice of the ones you listed.
I think of [name]River[/name] [name]Phoenix[/name] the actor when I hear the name [name]River[/name]. Because of that I wouldn’t use the middle name [name]Phoenix[/name] unless it doesn’t bother you or you really really love it.

[name]River[/name] and rio are on my short lsit for my baby boy due in feb. Like you I haven’t gotten good response on it. Most people say river phoenix when I mention the name. A middle name to go with river also seems a little difficult. I do really like all your middle name choices but I think none work with river. [name]River[/name] works better w a more traditional minute especially since the last name is french. Maybe try [name]Charles[/name], oliver, benjamin. Sorry I wasn’t more help.

If you love [name]River[/name], use it. More recently than [name]River[/name] [name]Phoenix[/name], [name]Kerri[/name] [name]Russell[/name] used it for her son. I think it has a cool vibe too it.

My daughter was in a gymnastics class with a girl named [name]River[/name]. I think it works better for a boy. It is the ER ending that is more popular with boy names.

One of my dearest friends has a 5 month old named [name]River[/name] [name]Holden[/name]. Before he was born, I wasn’t entirely into the name, but now that he’s here, I can’t imagine him having another name. He’s very happy, vocal and lively. If you love the name, then go for it. [name]Don[/name]'t let others convience you out of it.

Best of luck to you! =)

[name]River[/name] [name]Grayson[/name] - This is my favorite of your options.
[name]River[/name] [name]Chace[/name] - doesn’t flow as well and I think its too much have fn and mn being words, it sounds like a sentence sometimes when put with a last name. [name]Chace[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] would be handsome, however.
[name]River[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] - I love the mn [name]Alexander[/name], but both end in “er”. I like [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Phoenix[/name] and [name]Phoenix[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]!
[name]River[/name] [name]Phoenix[/name]: the actor?

Sorry I can’t support you in the choice of [name]River[/name]. It has a very hippy vibe.

I could deal with it as a middle name but as a first name I would choose something that looked good on a job application c.v. It would be excellent in the middle name spot as it could be considered as a last name eg [name]River[/name] [name]Thompson[/name]

Suggestions

[name]Alexander[/name] [name]River[/name] nn [name]Zander[/name], [name]Alexander[/name] is one of my all time favourites!

[name]Xavier[/name] [name]River[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name] [name]River[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name] [name]River[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name] [name]River[/name]
[name]Damien[/name] [name]River[/name]
[name]Dorian[/name] [name]River[/name]
[name]Louis[/name] [name]River[/name]
[name]Andre[/name] [name]River[/name]
[name]Zane[/name] [name]River[/name]
[name]William[/name] [name]River[/name] nn [name]Billy[/name]

I like [name]River[/name] [name]Alexander[/name], I think that maybe choosing a more serene middle name would really make [name]River[/name] sound even better other wise it could be too over the top.
Maybe middlenames such as [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Benjamin[/name], [name]Edward[/name], [name]Charles[/name], [name]Phinneas[/name], [name]Finlay[/name], [name]Lucius[/name], [name]Noah[/name], [name]James[/name] or even [name]August[/name]. Lots of luck!!

Ooh, I like [name]River[/name] [name]Holden[/name]! I’m a sucker for names with great literary references. :slight_smile: I think [name]River[/name] is a very cool name but I also agree that it makes a GREAT middle name. [name]River[/name] [name]Grayson[/name] is also my first choice of the middle name options you offered. Very cool.